[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>https://www.theguardian.com/world/ 2017/jul/21/us-to-ban

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6446.jpg (138KB, 900x604px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6446.jpg
138KB, 900x604px
>https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jul/21/us-to-ban-citizens-from-travel-to-north-korea-tour-operators-say-otto-warmbier

US bans its citizens from visiting best Korea. How can this actuall be enforced? Has this ever been done before? I know during the whole Cuba ban it was just that US citizens could not fly from the US to there but they could still visit. How will this ban work?
>>
How does passport being invalidated while abroard actually work?
>>
>>1277058
I'd also like to know this, it's not like they're revoking your citizenship.

Oh I went to NK and my US passport is not invalidated... Better just pay for another one haha
>>
>>1277056
Fucking Big Brother.
>>
>>1277056
Is this legal? I've never heard of this US government doing this. Maybe its just the tour companies are going to stop offering the services?
>>
>>1277056
australia has an active conflict region travel ban, if you go there you cant come back. and they've caught people who border cross illegally.

mind you, if those retarded jihadists didn't post selfies on facebook/twitter all the time the government wouldn't know they'd been there at all.
>>
Damn looks like i gotta cancel my trip to north korea
>>
If I remember correctly, the way you got in was through a DPRK state sponsored travel agency that had in office in China.

You'd be fuckin nuts to actually want to go though, especially after they beat that fuckin dumbass kid into a coma and put him in prison for trying to steal a propaganda poster.
>>
>>1277373
>>1277056
The IRS will issue a fine and the State Department will revoke the passport. You have to be a fucking moron to get caught, but it has happened to US citizens who've visited Iran and Cuba without travel ban waivers. It's like a 90K fine and they'll raid savings accounts, IRAs/401Ks, and garnish wages to collect.

I forget the legal rationale but challenges to the two policies have been beaten by the government in court, which is why they use them instead of attempting an actual criminal prosecution.

Anyway, most people who violate travel bans apply for entrance visas from a third-party state, then travel to and from that state. A lot of Americans visit Cuba from Canada and Mexico.
>>
>>1277373
>Is this legal?
kek
So what if it isn't? Who's going to tell them it's not?
>>
>>1277478
The Supreme Court?
>>
>>1277482
k good luck
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.