[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Booked three hotels in Rome, Paris and Berlin that are r

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 0

>Booked three hotels in Rome, Paris and Berlin that are really average and like 15-20 minutes from the city center on Booking.com.
>Discover Airbnb and use it to book nice apartments dead center of other European cities i'm travelling to for a lot less money.
>Booking.com is nonrefundable.

DAMN IT.
>>
Read the fine print. Plenty of booking.com bookings are refundable or cancellable. It tells you before you book.
>>
>>1276539
For the most part booking.com is refundable up to day before, or you just wanna save like an extra 3 quid and get a better deal
>>
>>1276600
Not just the money, its the quality of the room + location.

We booked a place in Berlin that is in some dumpy area 15 minutes from the center and AirBnb offers entire apartments for the same price that are super clean, cozy and modern.
>>
>>1276539
OP, this is how you learn things. You make mistakes. Enjoy your trip and use airbnb next time.
>>
>>1276539
The thing about booking hotels online is that the cheapest price us typically the non refundable price. The refundable proce will be a few (often more than a few) dollars more
>>
Same thing happened to me when I bought a ticket for an event I wasnt even sure I was going t o go to. Losing that money is a well deserved punishment.
>>
I hope hotels generally die out, their stupid high prices ripped people off for years and now Airbnb will hopefully kill 90% of them, just like taxis with uber.
>>
>>1276539
>rome
>paris
>Berlin

Ey brotato chip, I'm trying to plan a vacation for pretty much the same. Make a thread here when you come back, I'd like to learn some do's and don'ts lol
>>
>>1276686
Is airbnb really a good option? I find it a bit strange rolling up to someone's spare room or some shit.
>>
>>1276958
Travelling to many more places as well, but when I get back i'll give a run down on what I thought of each.
>>
only had good experiences with airbnb, and only shit ones with booking. you can really get good tips from locals if you get a private room, but I usually prefer if it has lockable doors and private bathroom. or you can save a lot of money some times renting a whole apartment and sharing it with friends. the only thing shit is that airbnb tax and cleaning fees some times make no sense at all.

i prefer using hotels over booking, you can get some good deals with coupons and your 10th night is free
>>
>>1276962
people on airbnb don't need to make a profit, many are just supplementing rent payments

it is strange, but so is a hotel room
>>
>>1276962
I've stayed in a ton of Airbnbs and hosted for about 2 years. It's so much better than a hotel, I can't believe they are still around.
I rented a spare room to supplement my rent, as I didn't want a proper tenant, just like that other anon said. But when I'm traveling I just get an entire house to myself, as it's still cheaper than a hotel or hostel and vastly superior.
>>
>>1276969
This. Some Airbnbs charge very little for the nightly room but sting you with cleaning fees. Even if it's like a 8x8 mini room with nothing but a bed in it, they'll charge like $30 for cleaning when it's $15 a night.
These are pretty rare though and you can see the prices so no big deal
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.