[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do European men dress?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 24

File: cowboy-boots-for-normal-guy.jpg (463KB, 620x827px) Image search: [Google]
cowboy-boots-for-normal-guy.jpg
463KB, 620x827px
I'm from Texas, and I'll be in Europe for about a month in september going from France>Switzerland>Germany>Austria>Czech republic>Poland, and pic related is how I usually dress, will I fit in wearing stuff like this? Are Cowboy boots obvious American even if they are normal leather and under the jeans? I also wear Polo shirts and khaki shorts when it is warmer.

I will be trying to hook up with the locals so I don't want to look like a fucking idiot American tourist, Am I screwed or fine?
>>
>>1276198
If you want to hook up with the locals you should wear pic related
>>
>>1276198
we laugh at the fat american tourists who come with north face branded winter jackets and wear shorts simultaneously.
>>
>>1276204
Nice, haven't heard a Muslim joke about Europeans before

>>1276204
I'm not poor so I don't have any of that shit, and I don't wear jackets with shorts, that is a little retarded. In warmer climates I would dress a little more frat like
>>
>>1276198
They usually wear oversize NFL jerseys, denim shorts and socks with sandals
>>
>>1276198
That pic looks like it was taken in Europe...?

Anyway, it looks quite Euro, only the boots are a bit ??, and only wear sunglasses when it's actually sunny where you are unlike picrelated.

We do not smile like you smile, so you will be spotted from kilometres away anyway.
>>
>>1276198
If you look like this, you're not going to be hooking up with anyone.
>>
You'll definitely need to look more preppy and fresh.
>>
>>1276198
They dress in a way that Americans would call business-casual + uncomfortable shoes.
>>
>>1276259
What's wrong with Owen Wilson? He's one of the most loveable guys in Hollywood.
>>
>>1276198
Cowboy boots will blend in somewhat as long as you hide them under long sleeves and they're free of ornaments. The moment they see the high boot though is the moment they'll go "oh, an American". In general you usually see people simply wear dark-colored running shoes with jeans and the more elegant leather shoes with non-denim pants.
Drop the sunglasses and the guy doesn't stand out much visually.
Besides, looking like a dumb American straight from a shitty American party setting comedy will likely get you hooked up faster. Match the stereotype they're curious about, the dumb sluts of Eastern Europe want an American American.
>>
They dress pretty normally man

Of course, to me, dressing fashionably is normal. If you go to Europe with cargo shorts, polos, and reeboks, then you will absolutely get laughed at. May as well throw on the fanny pack and American flag hat at that point, so at least you're committing to the role
>>
>>1276294
What about white Sketchers?
>>
File: IMG_2334.gif (911KB, 171x141px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2334.gif
911KB, 171x141px
>>1276298
>Sketchers
>2017
>>
>>1276202
has /pol/ completely taken over here?
>>
>>1276276
That's how I wear my boots, underneath the jeans, and i've heard mixed results with people acting and not acting american, idk I guess i'll try both

>>1276294
I don't wear polo stuff, but i think polo style shirts aren't bad, and i'd rather die than be seen in cargo shorts

>>1276259
I definitely will, i juust want to make it easier

>>1276271
That's what I was thinking about doing, but I hate that because i'm gonna be walking a shit ton

>>1276298
White sketchers are awful unless you are a young child, and they are still awful as a child, look into ecco shoes and other grown up shit, hell, even nike isn't bad

>>1276368
No, but there are retards wherever you go
>>
Get a pair of loafers, and tuck in your polo.
>>
>>1276198
Yep, in Europe we have the OEU (Official European Uniform) which means every thursday you have to wear any fruit costume, such as banana, pineapple, prawn (yes, here in Europe prawns are fruits, anyone who dares to say the opposite is sentenced to death by rotten tomato lapidation). We take our rules very seriously.
>>
>>1276469
>I definitely will, i juust want to make it easier
If you consider 5's a successful hook up, then yep, more power to you cowboy
>>
>>1276583
It's carrots that are fruits. Prawns are prawns, but snails are inland fish.
Brush up on your Europe lore.
>>
>>1276583
Yeah I've known about that, I'm not a complete dipshit

>>1276593
Idk in the Czech republic a 5 is still a 7 or 8 everywhere else, the only time i spent in europe was prague during january for a couple days, but everyone was wearing heavy ass coats so I really couldn't see what the local fashion was
>>
>>1276198
Don't wear fanny packs.
>>
>>1276198
The cowboy boots need to stay home. They are for fashion related to horseback riding, and the reason you like them is that it adds height. Oh well. Be a short dude.

Get normal leather walking shoes that people also like for travel, from a clarks desert boot, some kind of leather oxford or driving shoe, to some euro-looking sneaker, like a leather sneaker that doubles as casual, but a euro brand related to tennis or soccer, like adidas. If its summer, go ahead and do your birkenstocks. Want to know what shoes they wear, go to a Walking Store co and get some comfort shoes that have a great walking sole. For cobblestones, like in Prague, a firm leather sole doesn't make your soles get fatigued feeling rocks through your feet.

Lose the jeans. It is entirely possible to get pants that are not denim and look less sloppy for things like churches or dining out.
>>
>>1276627
>the only time i spent in europe was prague during january for a couple days, but everyone was wearing heavy ass coats so I really couldn't see what the local fashion was
prague is unique in that nearly everyone you encounter is a person that is not a local. A person doesn't want to stick out there to attract the eye of street crime. Don't be flashy or show your money.
>>
>>1276276
>dumb sluts of Eastern Europe want an American American.
this. I had quite a lot of success wearing flannel shirts, jeans, and leather boots while in Poland/Slovakia/Baltic Countries.

Girls thought it was hilarious I was wearing such a stereotypical American fit. Yes I was paraded around like a talking chimp, but I also got muh rocks off.
>>
>>1276198
All men dress the same, there's no fashion in men
>>
>>1276469
>Because I'll be walking
Doesn't matter if you want to blend in, American culture evolved from hard working frontiersmen, European culture is just wanting to look like you have more money than you actually do. Pragmatism will of course, go out the window but you can take Taxis and rideshares everywhere even if it's only a 4 minute ride so that should cut down on your need to walk.
>>
>>1276308
New Balance is the way to go. They're made in America, so you know they're good.
>>
>>1276633
>you like cowboy boots because they add height
What? They add like an inch, if I was insecure about my height, I would wear high-heels or some shit, not fucking cowboy boots
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
>>1276202
>>
File: generic person.jpg (45KB, 500x747px) Image search: [Google]
generic person.jpg
45KB, 500x747px
>>1276198
There is no regional differences in clothing in the developed americanized world. Differences in style come more from social and economic class as well as aesthetic preferences and trends.
>>
>>1276721
There are differences though, for instance your pic looks like the typical beanieinthesummwrfag Californian. Someone with the same educational background living in North Carolina or France wouldn't look like that.
>>
>>1276698
Well you're obviously trying to protect some sort of image because cowboy boots are best for riding not walking, and unless you were planning to slip your feet into the stirrups on a horse, why would you bring them?
>>
>>1276721
fashion like this is fashion victim 101.
It has no sensibility for the actual weather or the situation at hand. Someone isn't rolling up their pant legs, wearing no socks, for boots weather, suede city boots at that, and then donning a country barn canvas jacket, with an untucked, brr, cheap Tshirt, over a rollneck sweather, with sleeves cuffed back, and hands exposed, only to have some ski hat on. WTF kind of nonsense is this homelessness mix of styles? Fashion gay photography, that is.
>>
>>1276735
You've never actually worn cowboy boots have you?
>>
>>1276744
>You've never actually worn cowboy boots have you?
I think the point is that you're in some kind of bubble of Texas normalcy, and barring your over defensive nature at your stature, you are still asking anonymous strangers if you should wear cowboy boots off the ranch, and out of your state. The answer is no. What the whole world things is going to be the same. They belong in Texas, at a country music concert, or on your horse riding days activities, only. They belong at home. Go buy new shoes now, if you have been living in your stature elevating platform shoes you so very much don't want to remove. We get it. You can not argue away the facts with some attempt at abusing each messenger that tells you don't wear them. Leave them at home now, and your jeans too. If you want to dress like a fitting in european you will attempt to dress better than you think you dress now. Bums and immigrant wear jeans and untucked worn out tshirts, and inappropriate shoes. You will be hard pressed to be treated respectfully in a restaurant, store, or by a taxi driver wanting to rip you off. You offend. Pay attention now that multiple people told you the same thing.

Moving on...
>>
>>1276761
That wasn't me, i want to bring cowboy boots because they are good walking shoes and aren't snakeskin or anything like that, and are you fucking retarded or something?
>bums and immigrants wear jeans and untucked shirts with inappropriate shoes
What? How did you come to that conclusion? My jeans are $100+ jeans, my boots are ~$250, and I usually wear ~$80 shirts, with a $5,500 rolex and $240 sunglasses, bums and immigrants wear that? God Europe must be nicer than I thought, and even shittier at the same time when people look down on people like that.

Sorry I fucking asked, I'm just going to dress as I usually do, because i'd rather not go than wear the faggoty clothes that europeans wear
>>
>>1276761
I'm asking because you assumed they are uncomfortable for walking, and they are only to keep an "image".
Which I figured you have never worn any because they are very comfortable, especially for distances and not just super specialized footwear only for horse riding.
You fucking mong
>>
File: imsobritishishitthequeen.png (131KB, 799x618px) Image search: [Google]
imsobritishishitthequeen.png
131KB, 799x618px
>>1276583
>Yep, in Europe we have the OEU (Official European Uniform) which means every thursday you have to wear any fruit costume, such as banana, pineapple, prawn

This is why we voted Brexit, no way are pineapples fruit
>>
>>1276773
jfc
for that money you could actually dress well
>>
>>1276810
I do dress well, I just don't want to dress like pic related, this looks gay as fuck and that he has probably never done a manly thing in his life
>>
>>1276811
You're so american and probably should not come to Europe.
>>
>>1276813
It is possible to dress well without looking like some twink faggot
>>
>>1276813
Man you are so right, I should just cancel my trip that I've been planning for months because some retard thinks that since I don't like the way eurofags dress like queers

You should be glad that I am coming, without American tourism, Europe would be a 2nd world continent, and without America you would have to salute a picture of Hitler every morning
>>
>>1276817
You do remember that OP was about fitting in?

If you don't want to blend in, that's fine.

If you are real, I would highly recommend you stayed home. Chinese outbound tourism can bring in loads of money anyway.
>>
>>1276819
I'm OP and I never said anything about dress like a fag, I asked if I was screwed wearing the original pic related, all I got was a bunch retarded comments telling me that I look too American, if I wanted to hear I dress like shit and that I would get scoffed at and spit on for wearing basic clothing, then I would have gone to /fa/, I'm the more outdoors type so for my time in the mountains I want to have my boots with me because they are good boots for that kind of shit, and since I'll be spending most of my time in the Alps and the cities in them, I wanted to know if I would look too out of place, and now I think that I will
>>
File: gooks.jpg (2MB, 4256x2840px) Image search: [Google]
gooks.jpg
2MB, 4256x2840px
>>1276819
You can have the Chinese, fuck them, they are the worst fucking tourists, every time I go into the city I see their big ass buses herding them around, we should put a travel ban on them
>>
>>1276822

Nah. The guy in >>1276811 is much more fashionable than a typical european.

Don't wear shirts like the one you're wearing though. That tent-cut is super ugly and will stand out (not that anyone will actually care, but if you want to look nice for girls...)

Maybe a slim plaid shirt and play up the cowboy thing. Being from the US is an asset so emphasize the good associations (sexy cowboy) not the bad (tent shirts, NB sneakers, cargo shorts).
>>
>>1276847
I do have plaid shirts, but I din't know if that was acceptable, but I don't usually wear V-necks or shit like that, my usual chilling with buddies attire is the picture in the first post with a lucky brand or vinage logo T-shirt, and idk if it's because of where I am, but I haven't seen cargo shorts in years, it's mostly jeans and khakis around my town, but most people are farmers so it makes sense, thanks for not posting a retarded answer
>>
>>1276198
This thread is a combination of 4chan's worst boards: .5/pol/ + .5/fa/ . Let's sprinkle in some /x/ shall we?
>>
>>1276773
>5,5k rolex
For what fucking purpose
Buy stocks or something, this is a giant waste nobody will even notice.
>>
>>1276873
Rolex's never depreciate in value, in a couple years i could easily get ~7k for it, since it is a collectors item, stocks are risky, this isn't, plus I work in construction and a lot of the higher ups have them, and i have the money so fuck it
>>
File: 6604_01[1].jpg (200KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
6604_01[1].jpg
200KB, 2000x2000px
>>1276294
so these are not passable?
>>
>>1276721
This fit is godawful.

He doesn't belong anywhere.
>>
>>1276202
Sure feels like summer
>>
>>1276198
Shrink everything what u r wearing is too baggy and wear dress shoes

Euros dress like queers if that is Texan enough for u
>>
>>1276198
>I don't want to look like a fucking idiot American tourist

September probably is still 25°C or more in your mentioned countries, so simple jeans, chinos, with a unicolor shirt and some dark shoes (leather of sport) and you will be just fine.

> a fucking idiot American tourist
peace of advice: avoid phrases like

> howdy, how are you doing
> cheers
> fantastic, amazing, incredible for describing anything else than child birth
> i'd really appreciate it...
> do you accept credit cards
> how much is this in fahreinheit, gallons, feet, inches, ounce..
> I am not a racist but...
>>
>>1276730
I literally googled "French Style Men" and this came up. As a European I have seen this guy countless of times.
>>
>>1276811
this is exactly what they all look like. men that take at least two hours to get ready in the morning minimum and women that take their whole lives getting ready in the morning
>>
>>1276906
>passable
Maybe.
>screaming 'American!'
Almost certainly.
>>
File: Sydney-Davies2Collage.jpg (148KB, 1024x788px) Image search: [Google]
Sydney-Davies2Collage.jpg
148KB, 1024x788px
Hell no. Anything less than this and you'll be publicly laughed at
>>
>>1276947
Too baggy? If my jeans get any more tight they'll cut off pressure to my nuts, and not to be stereotypical Texan, but gays do dress how I would guess europeans wear, tight more in style clothing, but gays usually stay in Austin, Dallas, and Houston, freaked me the fuck out when I first went to Austin to see a bunch of super flamers walking about

>>1277036
I've actually never unironically said howdy before, nor do I say cheers, I know the metric system good and also i've got the time down too.

But I didn't know about the incredible, and fantastic shit, so if I try some really good beer or snitchzel am I just supposed to say es ist sehr gut? Didn't know about that, thanks for the info.

Also only pussies say "i'm not racist but" i am racist, everyone is racist whether they think they are or not, I own up to it, but I don't go on rants or anything, and there probably aren't mexicans in europe so i'm good
>>
>>1277087
Do I have to be black too?
>>
>>1277089
Ideally yes, but having virile black seed inside you is considered a passable alternative for the melanin-impaired
>>
>>1277088
if you feel like that germknödel is the best thing that entered your system orally in your life, that would count as 'amazing' probably. but just to describe something you like as 'amazing' is gonna make tick the 'meh, another fake american' box for us.
not like anyone would genuinely care, though.
>>
>>1277105
Germknödel are fucking disgusting.

t. German
>>
Y'alld've been laughed out of town wearing cowboy boots, stick to the eurotrash sneakers
>>
>>1277105
>'meh, another fake american'
Fake in what sense? Could you elaborate?
>>
>>1276198
>How do European men dress?
>I'm from Texas, and I'll be in Europe for about a month in september going from France>Switzerland>Germany>Austria>Czech republic>Poland, and pic related is how I usually
>dress, will I fit in wearing stuff like this? Are Cowboy boots obvious American even if they are normal leather and under the jeans? I also wear Polo shirts and khaki shorts when it is warmer.

>I will be trying to hook up with the locals so I don't want to look like a fucking idiot American tourist, Am I screwed or fine?

this
>>1276202
but
switzerland is great maintained land and czech have constitutional right to posses arms; poland is the whitest shithole
>>
How you're dressed is fine but you'll look more casual than almost everyone.

People here choose a style and try to develop it during their life and care a lot about their appearance.

You'll just be like you're a normcore guy, just drop the shoes or you'll be called a fag.
>>
>extremely arrogant
>5k rolex
>thinks the US is not a total shithole compared to central europe
>"I'll hook up with girls don't worry"
>almost certainly under 6'0
>doesn't want to dress like "faggy euros"

You won't get any girl you can be sure of that, maybe a drunk american tourist in your hostel.

t. swiss that spent enough time in the usa
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>1277581
Not OP, but Swiss people are so docile and boring, yeah the country and alps is beautiful, and the economy and government is good, but Switzerland is the size of one of our smaller states, so comparing us is retarded, also there are other countries in central europe dipshit, and you honeslty believe that Poland and Germany are better than the US, you are retarded

>t. Swiss that spent enough time in the usa
Let me guess, you went to a major city on the east or west coast and never went out of that

Fuck off swiss fag, atleast in texas, a speeding ticket is only around $100-200usd, and we can buy guns without any regulations
>>
>>1276198
Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations, the picture you posted will do just fine, men in the EU don't really dress all that differently from the US, stay away from the silly stuff like rompers and shit and you'll do just fine.
>>
Fuck this thread and everyone in it. Take this shit to /int/.
>>
File: 1475145857733.jpg (100KB, 861x825px) Image search: [Google]
1475145857733.jpg
100KB, 861x825px
>>1276811
This is how you should dress for city walking when you have to be places like work, cafes, etc. This is not tourist clothing.

>2 or 3 solid colors depending on skin
>preferably earth tones tho
>no patterns
>belt and shoe color match
>no (((jeans)))

anything else you're a nigger

>>1276906
At the gym/track? I mean if you're going for some sporty look, sure.

>>1277036
*claps*
>>
>>1276253
The smiling part. lol.

OP,

I was born in Europe and have been periodically going back every couple years but I'm as American as it gets.

Europeans in general have a hard time with sarcasm and a very hard time with the forms of politeness we have here in the states.

Smiling like we do in America when you meet someone over there makes them more often than not think you are an asshole. Unless you can rock it as part of your overall demeanor as a goof ball who's always laughing, keep the gums and pearly whites hidden.
>>
>>1276825
Are the Chinese the new "US?"
>>
>>1277841
Also I want to add, There have been times that I've gone back trying to fit in, but the last time I was out that way I was totally American, my dress code, my demeanor was all smiles and giggles, etc. etc.

Faggy dudes will talk shit, girls will be all on you.

Why? Because as much as my Europeans cousins want to downplay it, American exceptionalism and cockiness goes leaps and bounds beyond what any logical mind can fathom and they might pretend to hate you, but they do envy your total lack of giving a shit.

It's the same principle that works with black dudes here in the U.S. They don't give a fuck about anything and everyone goes "wow".

They'll talk shit, but you'll get your dick sucked rest assured.
>>
You keep making this thread. Fuck off you don't look european. People here never wear vnecks and boots, that kind of footwear is not practical to walk around in the city and specially not when the old parts of the cities are paved in cobblestone. Yes, you are screwed
>>
File: Captsdfure.jpg (33KB, 427x636px) Image search: [Google]
Captsdfure.jpg
33KB, 427x636px
Not OP here.

what about deep v-necks on a tall, handsome, muscular guy?
>>
>>1277850
You've never worn cowboy boots, have you kiddo?
>>
File: 3217PFW5244IG.jpg (190KB, 590x885px) Image search: [Google]
3217PFW5244IG.jpg
190KB, 590x885px
>>1276198
The current look in Paris
>>
as a Pole I can say that no one would give a damn about OPs picrel photo. All polo/tshirts/usual shirts are fine, as well as jeans/shorts. if you don't tuck your jeans inside cowboy boots no one will care (or even notice).
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 240x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 240x250px
>>1277850
>Cowboy boots aren't good for walking on cobblestone
What?
>>
>>1276198
>I will be trying to hook up with the locals so I don't want to look like a fucking idiot American tourist, Am I screwed or fine?

My dear American friend, let me tell you something obvious that you should already know. All you have to do to get laid in Europe is have the following traits:
> 6 foot tall or above
> white
> fit
>handsome.

If you have all the above, then you can fuck any Euro female aged 16-40 no matter what you're wearing.

If you're fat, short, ugly or brown/black then no woman here will even touch you even if you're wearing extremely expensive designer clothing and accessories (unless you pay them to).

pic related is the standard of men that women here are willing to fuck for casual sex
>>
>>1277995
I know it's a meme to use that guy, but he's a weird-looking effeminate homosexual. Not exactly the best example to use here when talking about handsome men.
>>
>>1278061
Sounds like OP is a little butthurt
>>
File: 1499397739924.jpg (72KB, 500x743px) Image search: [Google]
1499397739924.jpg
72KB, 500x743px
>>1277995
What's with the manlet meme?
Do you shut ins really believe the shit you write here?

I'm 5'6" and dating a 6'0" chick.
>>
>>1276198
I'd ditch the boots, but other than that you'll be fine.

The boots aren't a showstopper, but if you want to avoid the cliches then leave them at home.
>>
>>1278434
As a traveler it's important to learn to respect other people's cultures. While it may seem strange to you, neurotic self-loathing is an important part of 4chan culture.
>>
>>1277935
same for Russia, if he wore those same shoes, but with round ends, not pointy, he would be even hot
>>
>>1276198
change shoes and it's ok.
>>
Just get an Adidas Tracksuit and you'll be fine. It's one of the top European Blend-In choices.
>>
>>1278434
Good on you. However, the 'manlet meme' is one meme that is really not a meme.

Sorry.
>>
>>1277804
Yeesh
You've probably never seen how Americans dress on a day-to-day basis. Especially students and especially the girls, they have 0 sense of fashion
>>
>>1277841
>>1277847
Fuckin hell the delusion
>>
>>1276198
>pic related is how I usually dress

Very American.

Get some Chino's, a hoodie and some suede shoes.

Its going to be hard to hide yourself being an American, even without hearing the accent Americans have certain tendencies when they travel (a good example is being generally very loud) that make them stand out. Also thick accents turn a lot of people off so talk as little as possible in general.
>>
File: 1500939992096.png (394KB, 807x474px) Image search: [Google]
1500939992096.png
394KB, 807x474px
>>1279206
Nah... one of my coworkers is 5'4" (a total manlet) and he has a total qt gf that is a jealous psycho bitch, but easily a 7/10.

Meanwhile my 6'0" coworker is an autist that barely manages to talk to women and I suspect he's probably a virgin.

Being tall certainly helps in getting you laid but it's not such a determinant factor as people claim here. Probably autists stroking their ego with what little they have going on for them.
>>
>>1279318
Wow, a sample size of two, you should publish this, woman everywhere need to know this so they can change their mind about manlets!
>>
>>1279337
As opposed to your sample size of zero? Take your bitter virgin memes back to /r9k/.
>>
No one will honestly care if you wear boot cut jeans or cowboy boots. Have a nice trip!
>>
>>1279315
Experienced RealTraveler here, fuck chinos, and I have a french accent due to being from being raised in New Orleans, it never went away when I moved to Texas, people still comment on my accent, also Americans are only loud in big groups, i'm going with my brother and father so we won't be very loud

>>1279367
Thanks, i'm just going to bring a pair of ecco's along just in case I do get back reception

>>1279207
Lol college students don't dress well because they actually have to put effort into college, and I stand by my previous statement that American men dress more like men, while European men dress more gay

>>1278507
Thanks?
>>
>>1279476
>I have a french accent
No you don't.
>also Americans are only loud in big groups
Wrong
>i'm going with my brother and father so we won't be very loud
You will be
>Lol college students don't dress well because they actually have to put effort into college
As do students elsewhere. American students are just lazy and raised by manchildren.
>American men dress more like men, while European men dress more gay
You probably wear white socks.
>>
>>1279476
you're the biggest insecure piece of shit I've come across if you're not 100% trolling.

who gives a fuck what you wear, you're travelling for a month and you'll be with family.

I hope you get pickpocketed.
>>
>>1279513
God what's with the fucking hatred and contempt for americans? You have some serious issues, i'm not loud with my family here, so why would I magically become super loud over there?
>you don't have a french accent
Well technically no, but I do have a cajun French accent that does not sound American in any way
>American students are lazy and raised by manchildren
What? Most state universities require a 3.0 with a 23 or above on the ACT, you can't be lazy to get that, and American schools are much harder than European schools
>you probably wear white socks
No, I was required by my highschool to wear black crew socks with dress shoes, so i have a lot of those and wear them
>>
>>1279529
I won't, I've traveled through south america and mexico, and if i didn't get pickpocketed there, then i won't in Europe, it takes a complete dumbass to get pick pocketed in central europe
>>
>>1279548
>i'm not loud with my family here, so why would I magically become super loud over there?
Because your threshold for loudness is way higher.
>American schools are much harder than European schools
Eastern European maybe. Western European definitely not.
>high school
Who's gay now?

I love Americans, I just don't like you.
>>
>>1279548
>American schools are much harder than European schools
lololl

this is one of those "we spend more time in school, so it must be harder" type of things that makes americans look dumb af
>>
>>1279548
I'm with the other guy on this, Americans definitely are louder than Euros in normal circumstances (excluding drinking etc). You just have a different perception of what is loud and what isn't.
>>
>>1276562
Loafers lol wtf.
>>
>>1276198
Nothing wrong with cowboy boots op. They have the same silhouette and color as dress shoes. Don't try to fit in either. I usually get more attention from women when I dress more opposite to the crowd. When your with a bunch of rednecks where like pick related but with a cashmere sweater or something. If everyone is wearing collared shirts and dress pants try to be as casual as you can get away with.

Don't wear loafers either they look like 65 year old woman shoes.

If being loud offends someone in a bar then they are unhealthy. Do whatever you want. Push the boundaries of good taste and acceptable behaviour.
>>
>>1279604
Are you saying that it is generally better if a person talks at a quieter volume.
>>
>>1276198
Im with you on the boots bro.

Anyone who hates cowboy boots is a queer they represent everything manly an American or Mexican can aspire to.What little American boy never wanted to be a cowboy?Fukn weirdos

The gays have had a hand in ruining the image like they did with bikers.

>Inb4 Brokeback Mountain jokes.
>>
>>1279559
Going to high school makes me gay? Did you not go to a high shool? No wonder you're this fucking retarded. And America has an Ivy league of schools, you have like cambridge and that other shitty british college, most of your other colleges are the same as US state unis

>>1279589
We spend the same amount of time in school? Do you not go to class in college?

>>1279604
No, i am certain that I am not as loud as other Americans because I was annoyed by other Americans the last time I traveled
>>
>>1276198

I am European and I wear jeans and a mix of Ben Sherman khakis in different basic colors mixed with t-shirt/polo shirts/merino sweaters in basic colors and I get laid no problem.

Getting laid is more of an attitude thing in the entire world, no different in Europe.

Some serious /fa/ggots in this thread.
>>
>>1276817
>some dumb backwater amerifat actually believes this
>some fat redneck freedumblander is so insecure about being perceived as the tasteless retard that he is so he typed this out to feel better about himself
LMAO
>>
>>1277586
are you for fucking real? How old are you?
>>
>>1276198
lol you dress poorly even for an American.
>>
>>1279548
>God what's with the fucking hatred and contempt for americans?

It's jealousy, mainly. Browsing 4chan on various boards, you really get a taste for how deep-rooted the Yuro's jealous obsession with Americans and America
>>
I'm not OP, going to goimany tomorrow. Is the germanistan meme real?
>>
>>1276198
Can a NYC fag pull off cowboy boots? I hear stories of how comfy they are once you break em in, but I'm not sure if I'll look like a fag if I walk around wearing them
>>
>>1276198
There are many west european men who are clothed on this way. You look fine.
>>
>>1280299
just don't do the full cowboy get up and you'll be fine, i've never been to NYC, but i'm sure no one will care if you wear them, they'll just assume you're not from NY
>>
>>1276721
Have you never travelled anywhere ever? Even within individual States and counties within the USA there are very obvious differences in fashion choices between people of similar demographics. Take the beachy look of socal millenials vs the style of their Bay area counterparts, for example. The differences only become more apparent as you compare more distant regions. That being said, if you aren't dressed the part for a certain region it's normally not an issue so long as you're confident in yourself and your appearance.

OP I'd say bring an extra pair of sneakers in case you begin to feel uncomfortable in your boots, but try going as you would normally dress and see how you feel looking different from people around you. I think you'll do fine with the type of look you posted and will get positive attention for being distinctly American.
>>
>>1280206

What? Why on earth would we be jealous? Can't you see what kind of questions is this guy asking? You can clearly see that he's American and we sure do not have any envy.
>>
>>1280272
No. Stop watching Lauren southern goddamnit and go outside
>>
>>1277995
>Handsome
>Fit
>Get laid
water is wet
>>
File: image.png (5KB, 217x232px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5KB, 217x232px
>>1280446
You're jealous that OP lives in the best part of the world and that you'll never be a Texan, foreign bitches love the tough cowboy look, and you know this. You also know you'll never be able to pull it off so you get pissed and start getting jealous of the obviously superior Texan man

It's okay, maybe one day you'll grow up and realize that Texas is the only place on earth where happiness exists.
>>
File: euro.jpg (556KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
euro.jpg
556KB, 1280x854px
>>1276811
this is what euros looks like
>>
>>1280588
>tfw when blue-and-white brogues with red laces will forever be outside your budget
>>
File: asd.jpg (104KB, 628x434px) Image search: [Google]
asd.jpg
104KB, 628x434px
:)
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 206x214px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 206x214px
>>1280588
>>
>>1276198
change the shoes and that's fine
>>
>134 replies
>no real answers as to what yuropoors wear "around town"

stay shit 4chinz
>>
>>1281038
Idk even know why OP tried to ask here, to get a solid answer out of these fucking idiots is impossible, some are legit, but most are " American get out REEEEE"
>>
>>1281085
hi OP
>>
>>1279548
I hate you already
>>
File: just-wondering-clipart-1.jpg (45KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
just-wondering-clipart-1.jpg
45KB, 320x240px
>>1281085
I wonder why Ameritards are treated like this hmmmmmmmmmmm I'm really wondering
>>
OP here, i just landed in Frankfurt and staying in Kelsterbach and no one seems to give a shit about my boots, so i'm staying with them
>>
>>1276583
a classic mistake is to come dressed as a pizza, which is not a fruit but actually a vegetable
>>
>>1281386
God speed. Have a good time sir.
>>
>>1281940
>>1281386
OP why are you talking to yourself?
>>
>>1281943
I'm not? I'm from Texas, why the fuck would I say god speed?
>>
>>1282076
Indeed, why would you?
Thread posts: 144
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.