[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i have 6 nights in Bucharest starting tomorrow(actually really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170718_115036_01.jpg (2MB, 4640x2610px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170718_115036_01.jpg
2MB, 4640x2610px
So i have 6 nights in Bucharest starting tomorrow(actually really 5 because my plane leaves really early in the morning). I think this is a lot of time there so I wanted to know if there are some cool things to do there. I already did some research about what's possible there and i can only really fill up 3 days I guess. I like culture but not really into the hardcore partying scene

Pic related, Romanian flag on Rasnov fortress
>>
File: IMG_20170714_173806.jpg (3MB, 4640x2610px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170714_173806.jpg
3MB, 4640x2610px
I also have already been in Sinaia and I'm now in Brasov so I don't want to go there again
>>
>>1275970

My gf is from Bucharest so I've been many times. Some random things I can think of:

Do this tour:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294458-d5994011-Reviews-Tour_of_Communism-Bucharest.html

It's cheap and it's great. The guy who did my tour, Marius, was super knowledgeable. I'm a bit of a modern history geek and I was the only one doing the tour that day so I fired a bunch of questions. Even if you're not into the subject, it's still a great way to learn to appreciate the city. He shows you old churches hidden behind ugly commieblocks and stuff like that. In fact, never miss the opportunity to walk into a church, they can often be surprisingly cool. They don't care about you wearing shorts.

I can also recommend the opera. It's dirt cheap to Western European standards and it's actually high quality. If you google the texts you can actually follow it quite well.

The nicest area is around Calea Victoriei. You should go into the Atheneum, I think the entrance is free. The national art museum is pretty good too.

You have to do the parliament building. It's kitch as hell but it's just a shocking experience to see this result of Ceaucescu's lunacy.

Cotroceni is a very nice area not too far from the centre. Not much to do there, but it's a nice place to relax. There's a teahouse called Infinitea that is splendid. From the outside it looks like a normal house, but just go in. We once went for a quick drink there and ended up spending half a day sipping tea listening to a live jazz band.

If I think of other stuff, I'll come back and post them.
>>
>>1275986
Just thought of something:
http://muzeul-satului.ro/en/

This is an outdoor museum with building in the style of all the regions of Romania. I've never actually visited it, but from the outside it looks interesting. And if it disappoints, there's a very big and nice park next to it.
>>
>>1275986
Thanks man, i'm gonna try the opera and the musea, that's going to kill some time
>>
>>1276003
You should definitely do the Parliament too. It's one of the biggest buildings in the world.

Also Biserica Stavropoleos in the Old Centre and Patriarchal Cathedral.
>>
File: IMG_20170720_183538.jpg (4MB, 4640x2610px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170720_183538.jpg
4MB, 4640x2610px
Changed my plan a little bit, I'm now in Sibiu and go to Bucharest tomorrow. This way I have a 3,5 days in Bucharest which is probably enough
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.