[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much money do you need each year to become a digital nomad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

How much money do you need each year to become a digital nomad who doesn't work anymore and live reasonably comfortably in a safe tropical area?
>>
>>1275894
>digital nomad
>doesn't work
don't get what you mean by this m8, but just try to invest your job money into a business or some shiet that makes you money, and live the life
>>
>>1275894
tropical life costs money, more money than say living frugally in oh a place like central. Island life is the opposite of low expenses, because the cost of gasoline is international like that, and it takes gasoline to move anything on and off an island. Due to restrictions, often they fish anymore in their own waters, and they don't want to pollute with agriculture, so they bring in the goods from elsewhere and ramp up the prices. Good luck for cheap water/gas/electricity too, and likely your home upkeep will cost you more, if it's in a safe way.

Ask yourself what you wish to make and what it takes for you to be happy each month in mad money, you know, dining out a bit, replacing your wardrobe, adequate concert and fun money, vacation funds, upgrades to vehicles as they are needed, medical insurance and costs, what you spend at the market. Have you ever taken care of yourself? A good "quit working" salary for myself would be 100k/year investment income. I'm not there yet. My sibling retired at 35, but then the stock market dove, as did housing. He had 5 houses rented for income. No go price out your lovely island dream, get online and find something for rent. See what you have left and if it fits your expenses like that.
>>
>>1275894
Heavily depends on the country anywhere from 800-2500 USD a month.

Philippines would be a great option as it is one of the few island nations that is really cheap also they speak english 800-1200 a month would be pretty comfy for yah that's way more than the average wage in the archipelago.

Thailand is similar with less english better looking people and more expensive everything but only a bit maybe 100-500 more usd

>become a digital nomad
generally you'd be working???
>who doesn't work anymore
So passive income then?
This would be money from
rental property
online courses
Website templates
stock footage and photos
Ebooks
all for these will; make you money without any additional work
you could also run some kind pf blog and have links to your passive income stuff and have ads/affiliate links to help
>>
A lot of "digital nomads" roll around Asia and the associated islands, but Eastern Europe really is a better choice. Not only are things cheaper there, but you can expect a reasonable amount of people to speak English, you won't have to worry about tropical diseases or tourist trappers, and depending upon your career, you could easily travel to meet with clients. I can tell you right now that the programmers in Easter Europe are underutilized yet far more skilled than the Indians that companies are using to shit out useless projects.
>>
a big problem is you ether pay more for short term stays, or pay less for long term stays, but have visa issues

25k bank deposit or other investment gives you residency in ecuador, can safely live on the coast there for 1k/month

>>1277327
op said tropical, not island

>>1277623
philippines is a good option, if you're over 35 you can stay indefinitely if you put 20k in a bank account

>>1277626
people forget about the black sea area, ee isn't even too cold right on the coast, you can go forever visa free between varna, odessa and batumi
>>
>>1278378
I am not sure you should live in ukraine, it is more trouble than its worth! The government does not work at all. If you need something done, you have to bribe people and even then nothong gets done.

T. I lived there for 9 months before leaving the country pretty annoyed
>>
South east asia is really cheap. A meal might cost you one or two dollars. Getting there is the only expensive part. But cheap from australia
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.