[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to Maine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: url-1.png (146KB, 2279x2000px) Image search: [Google]
url-1.png
146KB, 2279x2000px
Hey, /trv/. I'm soon leaving for a weeklong vacation in Maine. I will be stopping by Portland, Augusta, and Bangor. What should I check out along the way or in each city? Thanks, friends.
>>
>>1275847
Bills Chowder House and Docks Seafood nigga.
>>
Is Augusta worth even visiting, or should I travel Portland, then Brunswick, then Bangor?
>>
>>1275847
Ignore Bangor
Go to Bar Harbor
>>
>>1276151
Why can't I do both?
>>
>>1276158
You can both ignore Bangor and go to Bar Harbor, yes.
Bangor is pretty shit imo. Take that time and do the carriage trails in Acadia or something
>>
>>1276161
Any other recommendations for things to do around bar harbor?
>>
Bump, please, I'm desperate
>>
Great food in Portland, lots of awesome bakeries/coffee shops (check out Tandem Bakery) lots of micro breweries. I'd suggest checking out the Cryptozoology museum for laughs, Bistel Brothers is right next door (great beer but I hate the atmosphere). Definitely check out the Eastern Promenade, nice park, amazing views (if you have time you can watch the sunset over Back Bay from Munjoy Hill near the school there. You can rent kayaks at the bottom of the Eastern Prom, if you are feeling adventerous go check out Fort Gorges (cool civil war fort in the middle of the ocean, 30 minute easy paddle).

Lived in Portland for initial undergrad, back here now for more school. Hope that helps.
>>
File: 1499488796649.gif (2MB, 450x258px) Image search: [Google]
1499488796649.gif
2MB, 450x258px
>>1276911
Thanks, friend. What's living in Portland like? What do you like about it there? What do you dislike? Is it easy to expat from other states there?
>>
>>1276911
Spot on about Bissel Brothers. The beer is 10/10 but man is it a lame fucking crowd in there.

The Allagash brewery is also just a few minutes away and they give everyone who visits a free beer flight. Then there's Foundation brewing company and Austin Street brewery which are a bit smaller but they're right across the street from Allagash and just as good. there's usually a couple food trucks in the parking lots of the breweries as well, but to be honest with so many great restaurants in the area I tend to skip those. In any case you can easily make a whole day just out of exploring beer and food in Portland.

I'd suggest checking out the Maine Wildlife Park in Gray as well which isn't too far from Portland. It's an inexpensive little zoo with all local animals, but it's a kick ass place to see some Moose much closer than you'll get to anywhere else, at least without getting your shit stomped in.

And be prepared for anywhere you go to be swamped with dick heads from Massachusetts on vacation (I say this being from MA myself. Watch how any car with a MA license plate drives and you'll understand why Mainers can't stand 90% of us coming to their state).
>>
>>1275847
Ogunquit is very nice if you don't mind thousands of gay people and Quebecois.
Nice beaches, fantastic bars and club scene, but once again, it's mostly a town catered to the gay community and Frenchies. I personally love gay people, they are a blast to be around and if you go up there with some girls you can finally find out what it feels like to be one of them at a bar or a club.
>>
>>1276951
Any other beaches worth checking out?

>t. Hetero
>>
>>1277082
Old Orchard is nice. I'm serious anon, don't skip over Ogunquit just because of gays. If there was any reason to skip over it it would be the Frenchies. They are kind of annoying.
>>
Maine Beer Co. is 20 minutes up the road from Portland in Freeport. I'm surprised beer came up and this brewery hasn't been mentioned yet. They have some of the most sought after beers in the country and a very enjoyable relaxed taproom.
>>
>>1277084
Will check it out, desu. Will report back.
>>
go to bangor to see stephen speilbergs house, and spots from his movies
>>
Go to Acadia for a day at least. Best national park on the east coast.

Gotta try mount desert ice cream in bar harbor, it will be one of the best you'll ever get
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.