[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travel in the ME

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: kamel.jpg (648KB, 1620x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kamel.jpg
648KB, 1620x1080px
What are your experiences travelling/living in the middle east?

What countries do you recommend visiting?

Did you feel safe?

Language barrier?

Especially interested in Israel/Palestine area due to my interest in conflicts.

I'm a white male from Scandinavia - Been to Dubai but I feel like it is pretty different compared to the rest of ME.

If you want info about Dubai feel free to ask.
>>
We just had this thread. Unfortunately it's disappeared from the archives. Here's a summary:
Awesome and safe: Iran, Oman, Jordan
Just safe: UAE, Qatar, Bahrain
Visitable, but use good judgement: Lebanon, Egypt
>>
>>1275764
Thanks for the response and the summary.
Newbie on the board so didn't see the previous thread.
>>
Oops, I didn't mean to nip this thread in the bud. Bump for OP.
>>
File: 1494099527815.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1494099527815.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>1275752
>Especially interested in Israel/Palestine area due to my interest in conflicts.

Been twice to Israel. Go there, it's very, very nice in terms of stuff to see and do and safety, but don't speak to people about the conflict. It's nothing pleasant and it's very obvious that both sides will shill for their own. You can't visit Gaza right now, tourism there is suspended indefinitely. You can do Bethlehem and Hebron, Ramallah as well.

There is no language barrier, a good amount of Israelis are multilingual, English is common, followed by Russian.

>4 days in Jerusalem
>1 day trip to Bethlehem
>1 day in Hebron

>cross into Eilat/Taba, Egypt
>go to Dahab to dive and stretch your money waaaaaay more with the other blonde scandi niggers (russians)

That is all.
>>
>>1275752
Camel milk is superior to cow's milk. This is the only reason to go to M.E.
>>
>>1275764
What is up with the UAE?

Is Pakistan any good?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1500508608340.jpg (48KB, 504x412px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1500508608340.jpg
48KB, 504x412px
>>1276275
>implying you don't side with Israel
>mfw
>>1275752
You can try contact me, I am glad to show tourists around. I am open to talk about the conflict yet I am biased.
>>
>>1276275
Nablus fag here
OP spend a half day in nablus too, it's very overrated and non-touristic, worth it for the old city, the turkish baths, best knaffeh in the world and good shisha places (go to sama nables for the best view of the city on top of the mountain)
>>
>>1275752
I'm from the Middle East AMA
>>
>>1276280
The UAE is mostly westernized. You won't have a culturally enlightening experience.
Dubai is still fun to visit for a few days, but don't expect anything special.
>>
>>1276275
How much was the total cost for you if you remember (minus airfare). Im interested in a trip, but I've never travelled abroad without parents picking up the tab.
>>
File: 1481036732343.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1481036732343.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>1277635
Mine was a special case. I essentially got carried by >>1276333.

https://www.touristisrael.com/how-much-does-it-cost-to-travel-in-israel/9689/

Read this, it should give you the basic idea, but tl;dr- it's on the expensive side of things, as Israel is a first world country and most goods and services reflect that.

Here's a menu of a decent restaurant in the Jeru old city. A soujuk starter is 40NIS, which is $11. The place had a $15 minimum I think.
>>
>>1277803
>minimum order value

I'm not even gonna say it
>>
File: 1499142156506.jpg (69KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499142156506.jpg
69KB, 720x720px
Anyone know anything about Turkey?

I'm trying to see if a 2 week trip is a reasonable thing to do, but I'm a little concerned about safety because I'm American. Would be interested as going as far west as Kars to see the Armenian ruins of Ani
>>
>>1278681
Greece is the better turkey
>>
>>1278681
>I'm a little concerned about safety because I'm American
What have the Turks ever done to an American?
>>
>>1279252
Armenian genocide
>>
>>1279287
What genocide?
>>
>>1278681 in turkey Touristic areas are filled with people from all around the world so prolly no one will give a shit about you.
>>
>>1277503
If you go to UAE, the trick is to see the World's Biggest Whatsises in Dubai, then get to the other Emirates.
>>
>>1277306
If I move to Dubai for work how many AED per month do I need to live normally? (don't care about lavish lifestyle)
>>
>>1276280
>Is Pakistan any good?
Pakistan is outstanding. One of my fav places, but I have not been there for 20 years. The security situation is dire though. If I would go there today, I'd probably pop over the border from India, stay away from traditional targets (like groups of people, tourists and malls). I'd probably find some small local GH on the backstreets of Lahore. Then trek off to safer hill stations like Hunza or Murree.
>>
>>1278694
>greek detected
lolwut
>>
>>1281644
I don't know I'm not from the UAE but some companies take care of your housing
>>
If you're into conflicts, visit Syria. Damascus is pretty chill, so that's where i'd go.

Yeah, Damascus is pretty safe. Quick tip, always carry your passport or any sort of ID around 24/7.

Most hotels speak english, but most shopkeepers and taxis speak arabic.
>>
>>1281644
Why would you move to Dubai for work?
What are you a pimp?
>>
>>1282944
Dubai is a banking and finance center, UAE is home to several major airlines, lots of hotel chains have hotels there, many retail businesses have a presence there. many construction and architecture firms have a presence there. Etc.

There are a huge number of companies where it might be part of your career to go work in Dubai or UAE foe a time.
>>
File: GOPR8745.jpg (3MB, 3680x2760px) Image search: [Google]
GOPR8745.jpg
3MB, 3680x2760px
I just got back from Israel. Its a cool country with alot of history. The dead sea is awesome too. I felt totally safe the whole time. I didn't go into any Palestinian cities though.

I went into Jordan for a couple days too and holy fuck it sucked. Amman looked like complete shit to me.
>>
>>1283095
How much of a touristy meme was Petra? Worth visiting?
>>
White Swede here OP- I enjoy travelling in the MENA region a lot. So different from home. But very fun. So far I've loved Israel, Palestine, Morocco, Jordan. Nothing bad has happened to me in Israel and Palestine, I felt safer than I do at home desu. Morocco is also very safe but watch out for thieves and pickpockets (and scammers...). Jordan is safe and probably the best way to experience the actual ME (not NA) atm. Have heard a lot of good things about Oman but it seems like you have to spend quite a bit of money to enjoy it to the fullest. Iran seems incredible and I'd love to travel around there for a few months sometime.
>>
File: GOPR8713.jpg (3MB, 3680x2760px) Image search: [Google]
GOPR8713.jpg
3MB, 3680x2760px
>>1283116
Petra was actually pretty cool. If you go just make sure you have enough time to spend there. My tour gave me 5 hours and that wasn't nearly enough time.

I'd also recommend seeing Jerash. But again, if you go make sure you have enough time
>>
>>1282968
Banking and finance work is best done online m8.
No need to travel.
>>
>>1283128
Oman is a good budget destination if you rent a car and camp.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.