[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /trv/, Me and my gf will be travelling to Orlando in October.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: orlando.jpg (791KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
orlando.jpg
791KB, 1200x675px
Hi /trv/,

Me and my gf will be travelling to Orlando in October. Will be the first time going to america and i have some question i'm hoping you can help me with.

-should i, and i yes, how do i use Uber? Can we just use an uber driver at any time of the day? How much does a drive usually cost, and how do i pay the driver?
I installed the app on my mobile phone, my sim is registered in the Netherlands. Does it still work when visiting a different country?

-how does tipping work? I only ever tipped at very luxurious dinnings, where the service was absolute top notch. I have no further experience but ive heard america is pretty hardcore on the tips..

-any other tips? What are some must sees around florida?
>>
>>1274222
My understanding is that Florida is generally not recommended as a first-time visit to the US, because it's mostly filled with suburbs, shopping malls. and old people.
>>
>>1274234
I second this, and I live here.
>>
>>1274234
>>1274236
I would say that Amsterdam isn't much either, but still a lot of tourists.
>>
>>1274251
Amsterdam can be fun for a day or two, but it's better to stay in Utrecht and then take daytrips from there to various locations throughout the Netherlands.
>>
>>1274234
>My understanding is that Florida is generally not recommended as a first-time visit to the US, because it's mostly filled with suburbs, shopping malls. and old people.
Yet Orlando is the tourist capital of the US.

OP, I have no idea if Uber will work easily on your foreign phone. Since you pay with the phone, you might want to consider if you have any annoying transaction fees associated with each charge, or an annoying exchange rate. Uber, however, works well in Orlando. What would work more convenient for you is you renting your own rental car if you aren't on a Disney resort using their buses around the various Disney Downtown and theme park stops.

Tipping is easy. If you are in a restaurant, you leave 15% of the pretax check amount. If you aren't getting any table service whatsoever, leave money only if you someone else is cleaning the table. You will tip someone if they handle your bags or do something that is like a favor like that. That's nothing new for a European to understand unless you have never left your house or traveled once.

Around Florida, if you are getting a rental car, you might prefer to leave Orlando and see the beach on either coast, but you should aim for Siesta Key on the West Coast if trying to do something nice like that. An alternative activity would be a cold spring like Wekiva or swimming with manatees in Crystal River. If you have your own car, you can dine at top 15 tripadvisor or yelp ranked restaurants in Orlando, otherwise you're stuck with whatever Disney inflated prices you want to pay. I highly recommend The Knife argentinean restaurant if that's a new thing for, and Hash House A GoGo for breakfast or country food. There could be some good live music in downtown Orlando. Orlando is pretty touristy in general and the rest of Florida, towns like Winter Park or Sarasota, for example, are just more "real" and the Florida experience.
>>
>>1274222
I use uber and it's incredibly convenient.
It's 24 hour service
It uses your gps to know when you have arrived at your destination and then the app asks if you want to tip, then you enter the amount (it uses paypal) and it's a lot cheaper than cabs. Since this is the way to tip, they won't look twice if you dont throw them some cash when leaving.
Not sure if it'll work in different countries, just Google it lol.
>>
If you're going in October then you should definitely go to disneyworld magical kingdom or universal studios during one of the haloween festivals.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.