[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Israel-Lebanon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: images.png (2KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
2KB, 262x192px
Seeing as there will likely be another war between Israel and Hezbollah within the next year or so I really wanna visit as much of the region as you currently can, meaning Jordania, Israel and Lebanon.
Now regarding the latter two I could really use some help deciding the best course of action, since travel between them is not entirely easy.
I know that Israel will let me in if I come from Lebanon, but Lebanon wont let me leave the airport if they have suspicions that I will go to Israel afterwards. I also assume that the other way around is completely impossible.
Has anyone done this trip recently who might be able to give me some info and tips?
Maybe the best way is to go to Lebanon first, then fly to Jordania (tell the Lebanese that I will leave back home from Jordania) and then go from Jordania to Israel.
Im not sure how much I should expect to pay for a pretty last minute flight (hate to have a tight schedule) from say Beirut to Amman though.
Or maybe its even possible to go to Jordania via safe-ish party of syria? I know that there is a corridor from the Lebanese border to the Jordanian one thats controlled by the government, but all the actual border crossings are controlled by the rebels, and I have absolutely no clue how hard it is to even get into Syria right now.

If no info on the best route Id also greatly appreciate some things I should do besides the obvious touristic things. Id love to go couchsurfing and stuff to get to know people as well as possibly do some outdoor shit. Less interested in nightlife but could be good to know too.
>>
>>1268764

It's impossible to go through Syria unless you have a clearance from the government.

You should also consider using Cyprus as a neutral base. Fly there, spend a night and take a new flight the next day.
>>
>>1268765
Hadnt thought about Cyprus at all actually. Im not sure if a flight to Cyprus from Lebanon and then one from Cyprus to Israel would be cheaper than just one from Lebanon to Jordania though and I do have to keep my budget in mind.

That being said: is cyprus worth visiting? Possible spend more than just a night there? Dont think I know anyone who has been there.
>>
>>1268764
why the hell do you want to go to lebanon
>>
>>1268764
>Seeing as there will likely be another war between Israel and Hezbollah within the next year or so
Why do you think so?

>>1268803
Why the fuck not? I'm going in september.
>>
>>1268803
I want to go for the people, food and historical stuff mostly. Regarding islamic countries I have only ever been to Morocco, which as far as I can tell is radically different from places like Lebanon if not just for the fact that its shia islam there and not sunni.
Also its always difficult to get a clear picture of the political state in countries that are so heavily meddled with by foreign powers, so I want to get to know people there and ask them directly.

>>1268906
The "shia crecent" will be fully finished soon with the emergent victory of Assad in syria, which means that there will be a free land passage from Iran all the way to Lebanon. Iran right now is really keen on proving itself against its local rivals (as seen in the Yemeni war as well as whats going on in Qatar) and Israel, as the logical next target for a proxy war, has been on the offensive against Iran ever since Obamas nuclear deal with them.
I predict that shortly after the syrian civil war ends there will be a gathering of forces from Iran, Syria and Hezbollah in Lebanon followed by an attempt at invasion, which may or may not be vastly more sucessfull than previous attemts depending on the level of support from the US compared to Iran. Regardless of the outcome, the Israelis as well as the Lebanese will be bombed to hell with no regards to historical sites.
>>
>>1268935
>I predict that shortly after the syrian civil war ends there will be a gathering of forces from Iran, Syria and Hezbollah in Lebanon followed by an attempt at invasion
I would hardly think so.
>>
File: 1421288595010.gif (2MB, 220x161px) Image search: [Google]
1421288595010.gif
2MB, 220x161px
>>1268935

> I predict that shortly after the syrian civil war ends there will be a gathering of forces from Iran, Syria and Hezbollah in Lebanon followed by an attempt at invasion, which may or may not be vastly more sucessfull
>>
>>1268764
>Jordania
>>
>>1268764
there isn't going to be a war because neither side has anything to gain
>>
>>1269193
>neither side has anything to gain

Yet they have everything to lose
>>
>>1269193
>jerusalem
>more lebensraum

baka
>>
>>1269193
What do you mean nothing to gain? The whole of Israel could be conquered.
If Syria prevails against US interests, that means the world is no longer unipolar. If the US cant have Assad overthrown why would they be able to keep Israel alive?
>>
You should try
Beirut - UAE - Jordan/Israel
or
Beirut - Cairo - Bus through the Sinai to Eilat
>>
>>1269942
Not sure if I'll have time to really visit Egypt or UAE as well sadly.
Since there is no apparent way to not have a flight in my itinerary Ill probably fly from Beirut to Amman just because its most likely gonna be cheaper than the other two.
If the only thing I did in advance would be to buy a ticket from here to Beirut and from Tel Aviv back home, do you think Lebanon would find out? Assuming I didnt print it out beforehand of course, which Id do somewhere along the way. But would they want to see a flight home thats not from Israel or could I get away with saying I dont want to commit to the time Im returning home?
>>
>>1269948
Well, when arriving and leaving from Beirut the customs just took a quick look at my passport and stamped it, no more than that
>>
>>1269851
>The whole of Israel could be conquered.
Arabs never fucking learn.
>>
>>1268764
just buy some sand.
>>
This thread is full of shit, but anyway, here are my two cents.

There won't be a war between Israel and other Arab states/groups any time soon. Every group in Syria has been weakened by war, including Hezbollah who has lost a sizeable portion of their fighting force. Everyone knows an attack on Israel is tantamount to suicide at this point. Jordan and Israel has a peace treaty and is as likely to go to war as Netherlands and Belgium. A third intifada is more likely, so if you really want to see something before it goes to shit (more than it already have, at least), the West Bank should rank high on your list.

Anyway. Cyprus or Jordan are the easiest transit points between Israel and Lebanon. Going through Syria WILL get you kidnapped within minutes, that I can guarantee you. An Israeli stamp, which are only issued at certain border crossings, will deny you entry to Lebanon, while a Lebanese stamp will grant you a whole lot of hassle at the Israeli border, but ultimately they'll let you in. Thus you should do Lebanon first, then Israel. I've done both Beirut-Amman and Beirut-Larnaca, no one asked or gave a fuck where I was going after. In any case just lie and say you are going onwards to either the Gulf (Amman) or Athens (Cyprus), but that you haven't booked your tickets yet.

Travel-wise, how much time do you have? In each country, possibly excluding Cyprus, you need at least a week to do the place justice in my opinion. Any itinerary should include:

Lebanon:
Beirut, Sidon, Tyre, Byblos, Harissa, Baalbek, Bsharri if there is time

Jordan:
Amman, two days in Petra, Wadi Rum overnight, Jerash

Israel/West Bank:
Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Haifa, Nazareth, Bethlehem, Jericho, Ramallah

Cyprus (base yourself in Nicosia, or rent a car for easy travel between South and North):
Larnaca, Nicosia, Paphos, Famagusta, Kyrenia

I can help you more if I know how much time you have and what interests you the most.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.