[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't he do an Asia series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_2120.jpg (161KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2120.jpg
161KB, 1920x1080px
Why doesn't he do an Asia series?
>>
>>1267507
Asians are too weird, it'd be scary.
>>
>>1267507
>Hi, I'm Rick Steves, and today we're in one of the might fascinating and culturally enriching cities that I've ever visited. We're in Pattaya.
>>
>>1267530
>ywn go on a sex holiday with rick
>>
>>1267531
>Many American visitors will find the idea of paying for sex with a transexual "Ladyboy" to be strange, or even downright unpleasant. But to open minded Thais, and repressed Japanese businessmen on summer vacation, it's perfectly normal. Learn to embrace local culture and don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone.
>>
File: ezgif-1-567b2397e6.jpg (56KB, 615x596px) Image search: [Google]
ezgif-1-567b2397e6.jpg
56KB, 615x596px
I would love a Rick Steves quality Asia series but from what he said on his radio show he just can't make it happen at the same quality of his Europe show. He spent over a decade in Europe before he started writing his books, he doesn't have nearly the same amount of experience in Asia. Also he admitted it's a financial thing, the big American tourist money is in Europe.

Also fun fact: his favorite country to visit is India.
>>
Rick's tours cater to old people and pleb tourists. Those people would likely find Asia to be too "ethnic". He found his niche and is doing it well but I think Europe is the only continent other than Australia that his show would work in.

I love his shows btw.
>>
File: Glad.jpg (189KB, 2048x1371px) Image search: [Google]
Glad.jpg
189KB, 2048x1371px
Because doing Europe specials is his job. Asia is where he goes for actually vacations so he can fuck 16 year old Thai twink boys.
>>
"Asia Through The Back Door"

https://www.amazon.com/Rick-Steves-Asia-Through-Back/dp/1562611097
>>
>>1267534
>>1267530
You are why I still visit this forsaken site
Thank you for the kek
>>
>>1267534
Genius, 10/10. You even got his manerism down to a T
>>
>>1267507
Why would you want that?

Even if you dig the guy he'll just cause an influx of people that you don't want to be around and drive up prices at every place he mentions or where a tour would go.
>>
>>1267507
Because he's a hardcore West Coast progressive and Asia's just too conservative for his taste. Of course he'll make an exception for Iran...
>>1267534
Spot on.
>>
>>1267534
I read that in his voice. Good job, man.
>>
>>1267534
I accidentally read that as "don't be afraid to sleep out of your comfort zone" and it made just as much sense.
>>
File: 1447721177488.png (570KB, 785x446px) Image search: [Google]
1447721177488.png
570KB, 785x446px
Does /trv/ have any other ecleb that you have watched before?

I only Rick Steve, Budgeteer, Monkey aboard, Gabriel. But my favorite so far is this guy, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z6vQiMIMW4

he's so awkward and entertaining, not a in a youtuber comedian kind of way, but he;s informative at time.
>>
>>1267507
>Beer tasting at a thai go-go bar.
>Picnicking at a Japanese suicide forest.
>Visiting the locals at ISIS-held Marawi City.
>Jogging in Beijing.

I don't blame Rick.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.