[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey trv anons, Do you think that people who are not happy in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Hey trv anons,

Do you think that people who are not happy in their normal lives, will feel any better during or after travel?

I have traveld quite a bit, and i do meet real salty people sometimes, even though they are visiting a beautiful place.

Does travel make you happy? Or can you only enjoy it if you are happy anyway? Or is it escapism in the same sense that games are

I'd love to hear your views
>>
>>1267451
Personally, travelling is one of the few things in life that really makes me happy.

Even when I'm stressed, kind-of-depressed or whatever, thinking on my next trip makes me feel relieved. And when I'm actually travelling is when I feel true happiness.

I don't want to sound like one of those stupid wanderlust instagramer bitches/assholes out there, but to me nothing compares to the feeling of exploring somewhere new and different.

About other people, who knows man. I work as a receptionist in a hotel and sometimes I wonder why some people travel. Some of them arrive stressed, angry or in a bad mood in general, and it makes me think why the fuck did they leave their homes.
>>
>>1267509
yeah i love it too, i hate it when people can only see it as an escape. all hobbies are a bit of an escape really, i just happen to have always loved the idea of traveling and i'll do it for the rest of my life. it's not an escape at all, i've always been like that.
>>
>>1267451
I love traveling, I don't really know why, it's the only thing I ever think about. It makes me happy in the way I think drugs make others happy.
>>
I've had some totally miserable trips where I was depressed and mopey the whole time. Worse than usual, because I'd expect it to be more fun than sitting on 4chan at home. But I'd rather attempt to get out of the house instead of be depressed and mopey in my room, even if those trips cost me a lot of wasted money.

> i do meet real salty people sometimes, even though they are visiting a beautiful place.

That's all perspective

It's possible that you will get out of a rut or a comfort zone, even if only for a little bit of time. It gives you a perspective and you realize what really matters to you, outside of the daily job routine. You can feel like a different person and do things you wouldn't do in your home town
>>
I always thought that people here used travel as either an escape, or a way to leave the comfort zone.

I do think travel makes you apriciate the world and other people, which is why this board is pretty civil
>>
I believe there's time for work and time for play and rest. Sometimes you just need to see something new and relax. It'll renew you.
>>
>>1267561
Yeah I have used travel to escape the misery of my life. It always catches up to me however. I do get a lot of pleasure out of it but sometimes when I travel and it's been a few days on my own my head gets overwhelmed by negative depressing thoughts that I can never escape.

I don't know if there's something that can be done about this or not. Shrinks just offer the easy way out by taking pills but I don't want to go through life as a zombie. The worst is always coming back home, I get depressed beyond belief.

Yes OP, travel will make you happy if that's something that does make you happy but it won't change your life if you have problems. My next attempt at this will be just not returning home. If that doesn't solve it I might just kill myself.
>>
>>1267451
I have a really stressful job. I can afford to travel during winter for a two weeks ski trip and during summer for a one month trip.

During these days I am away from the stress and work and it gaves me energy to return to work again.
>>
File: IMG_2580.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2580.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Depends. If they need to put the past behind them, like a break up or a lost loved one, travel is a very healthy way to move past that. If they're dealing with demons that they're still living with, travel will be terribly depressing.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.