[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are trains in Europe so expesive? CHEAP TRAINS ANYONE?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: home.jpg (72KB, 580x250px) Image search: [Google]
home.jpg
72KB, 580x250px
So /trv/ I've recently moved abroad from Spain to Belgium, I need to go to Spain during some days for taking some stuff. I thought maybe the trains would be a better option than planes, specially than low cost carriers since It's not only the plane ticket but the displacement to the airport (let's say 10€ in each trip) and the bags.
but for my surprise, Trains (and buses also) are very expensive for what I've been able to find - 300€ r/t for trains 120€ r/t for buses -
I know know there are cheap trains out there, people gets nice seats for the same price or less than a low cost carrier ticket.. anyone knows how to do it?
I'd consider getting one of those 25% cards for frequents travellers, but at those prices it doesn't seem really worth
>>
Car rental and air travel being impossibly cheap makes up for this.
>>
>>1265064
I was looking at using blablacar for this reason, its basically the "trips/rideshare" section of craigslist, but european
>>
>>1265064
it's not super cheap but you can get a 5/15 days interrail pass for 206€ if you are 27 or younger
https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/global-pass
>>
>>1265064
Politics is fucked up badly in Europe, that's why
>>
>>1265064
use the bus
>>
>>1265064
The trick is to either get the early bird fixed prices (fixed travel schedule and trains)
Or looking for specials to/from destinations in the general direction where you want to go.
I travel often between Basel and Cologne, the cheapest option is to book the euro night special from Zurich to Amsterdam and just board in Basel and get off in Cologne for 19€ per way.
>>
File: trv.png (80KB, 468x60px) Image search: [Google]
trv.png
80KB, 468x60px
I'll be taking trains/buses around the UK and Ireland with frequent stops. Any advice?
>>
>>1265770
Forget about trains in the UK.
>>
>>1265770
Megabus is cheapest, and use the Trainline website if you're booking a train because it will break down a fare into the cheapest manner possible. But train travel in the UK is awful. It's often slow with tiny seats and overcrowded carriages.
>>
When I was in Europe I found trains chronically over-priced
I don't know how they fucked it up but they did

I did all of europe by bus, and the distances are so small you should use a bus as well
>>
It's also because every country has different standards for their railways, because of this every time countries want to set-up an international line they have to get specific cars and locomotives.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.