[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

worst korea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: kanazawa-_dsc0052.jpg (921KB, 4000x2667px) Image search: [Google]
kanazawa-_dsc0052.jpg
921KB, 4000x2667px
are there little pre modern traditional towns, streets, villages, etc in Korea like this picture of japan?
I see scenes like this ALL over china and japan in travelogues, but never really korea.

asking because I'm going to be teaching english in korea later this year and am a big fan of traditional art, crafts, historical architecture, etc etc.
want some stuff to see on vacations.
>>
Use the catalog.
>>
>>1264326
there are no threads about this, cunt
>>
>>1264326
this

and try searching for hanok villages, and see if the pics are to your liking or not.

the nicest old building i ever ran into in korea was actually while hiking above the jeonju hanok village. there's like a viewing point... all the koreans went on the well marked path, i obviously had to wander off on a path that hasn't been cleaned since forever. and i ended up at this old style house on the side of the hill, it was totally abandoned, beautiful, kind of falling apart... but really nice.

idk i was more impressed with the mixture of old and new. like seeing the tile patterns i saw on hanok buildings in the elevators of skyscrapers etc.
>>
>>1264337
>this
where the fuck are you seeing another thread about this topic?
or are you just trolling?
>>
>>1264289
You are going to be looking for Andong or Gyeongju. You can also look online for rental Hanok where you can sleep, some of them are located in areas that are still quaint and somewhat traditional. Korea doesn't try too hard to create that atmosphere so I don't think I could really give you a spot where it will feel like going back in time like Japan does. Seoul has some small Hanok villages near Namsan mountain too, or try the Ankuk station/Gwanghwamun (hope I'm spelling that right) area.

If you are teaching give it a few weeks and see if you have some coworkers you like, most of them will jump at the opportunity to show you some real Korean culture or art.

It's easier to find local areas that have more of a 70's/80's vibe to them with a bunch of old throwback shit to when it was a severely impoverished country, I'm not trying to guide you away from your original intent, but I think that aspect of the cities has it's own charm.

>>1264326
>>1264337
you wha?
>>
>>1264337
>>1264580
thanks a ton for the info. I'll check out those places and be sure to ask my coworkers, it'll be a good way to make friends

>>1264580
>It's easier to find local areas that have more of a 70's/80's vibe to them with a bunch of old throwback shit to when it was a severely impoverished country
can you elaborate on what you mean by this? like outdated technology and stuff? I feel like Japan is full of that too, practically all the big cities had their boom between 60s and late 80s. so tons of mid-century modern and po-mo architecture especially all over tokyo.
>>
it's just a shitty country that didnt have much of a heritage to begin with.
>>
>>1264696
>can you elaborate on what you mean by this?
It's not outdated technology, just more like being unecessarily cheap. There are outdoor restaurants that use plastic chairs and tables, steel plates and chopsticks, play dated korean folk music. A lot of restaurants have cold war era things, but most people miss out on that. It's similar to the architecture stuff in Japan, just quaint little buildings that haven't really moved on since the 80's and 90's are pretty common. Gentrification is slowly pushing out all the mom and pop shops though.
>>
>>1265018
>There are outdoor restaurants that use plastic chairs and tables, steel plates and chopsticks, play dated korean folk music. A lot of restaurants have cold war era things
well shit there's one of these in my city, I wouldn't even have to leave the US.
their bibimbap is so damn good
>>
>>1265275
yeah most korean restaurants in the states mirror that too, but then in korea you might have some backalleys with flea markets, hand me down shops, karaoke bars, and stuff like that. it's a good time if you get comfortable in one of them.
>>
jf theres a koreatown in your city you don't even have to go to south korea. it's worthless country and a waste of time that could be spent in taiwan, vietnam, china, indonesia, thailand, japan, etc.
>>
>>1265588
>EVERY single thread about korea
you have severe, and I mean severe, autism
>>
>>1265610
dude literally everyone in the world who is not korean agrees that japan is just a better country in almost every way full stop. maybe except for the teeth. enough with your korea shilling. you're just setting people up for massive disappointment.
>>
>>1265633
Please stop. Anyone who has actually traveled to both countries wouldn't be posting like you.

I highly enjoyed Japan and Korea and have been to both of them multiple times. I'm pretty sure you actually haven't traveled much. Please provide some information on your Korea travels if I'm wrong. Which cities did you go to? Who did you hang out with? What did you do? When did you go?
>>
File: 1493846283815.jpg (35KB, 582x377px) Image search: [Google]
1493846283815.jpg
35KB, 582x377px
>>1264327
USE THE FUCKING SEARCH ENGINE

JEsus christ spoonfeeding these goddamn noobies all day long.
>>
>>1265669
bait
>>
>>1265659
don't encourage him, just ignore it.
his shitposting has been going on for years, you will never get anything out of trying to argue with him.
>>
>>1265693
There's 2 threads about Korea right now. There's no bait sir.
>>
>>1265715
>2 threads about korea
>neither thread is addressing ops issue

why would he need to hijack someone else's thread when he is looking for something specific there? really, it's a reasonable question he is asking here
>>
>>1265715
You can't be this stupid. Please tell me this is bait.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.