[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>deeply unhappy with life >go traveling for 1 year >think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: 1234.jpg (227KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1234.jpg
227KB, 1024x768px
>deeply unhappy with life
>go traveling for 1 year
>think it will land me gf and friends
>make friends and have sex while traveling
>become very happy and motivated with life
>come home
>same as before
>one year has passed since i traveled
>feel even more hopeless than before
>no gf no friends
>now two years older

I wish I never heard of the traveling meme
>>
>>1263383
>wishing he never would have traveled after traveling

you're either doing it wrong, or you are a hopeless loser who will never be happy
>>
>>1263383
>>think it will land me gf and friends
anyone traveling with the express purpose of having sex or finding a girlfriend is a fucking loser.

being a no-personality autistic loser isn't pussy magic in foreign countries, you dipshit.

if you can't just enjoy traveling for the amazing experiences it brings, the sights, the cultures, etc -- your priorities in life are seriously messed up.
>>
Why don't you just try to travel even more now after you know that you had fun while traveling?
Like looking for a job where you have a lot of business trips, get a shitload of money to take long vacations and stuff like that.
>>
>>1263397
op still got laid though
>>
>>1263383
there's never certainty of getting laid unless you pay a hooker
>>
Travelling does make me more open to new experiences and increases my will to improve. The contrast between cultures allows me to put my life into perspective. The thing is, it's easy to fall back into the same old routine, I feel like I need to travel more to actually become a better person (or at least a different person).

And yes, I actively also seek sex. Being the autismal fuck that I am, traveling helps me gain courage for that, even though it still hasn't happened.
>>
>>1263383
Traveling is the only time that I actually feel like I'am alive. The rest of the time it feels like Im stuck in hiatus.

I feel more inclined to travel just for the sake of that feeling.
>>
>>1264538
> The contrast between cultures allows me to put my life into perspective. Th

it makes me appreciate my own culture & hate others tbqh.
>>
>>1264608
/pol/ pls go and stay go
>>
>>1264666
I don't even go to pol m8.

Was recently in Bulgaria and honestly the culture there is pretty shit. It felt like everyone was in a constant depression and wanted to die.

At a restaurant they were incredibly inpolite. One dish arriving 10mins later than the other ones. Then the waiters got my plate when it was empty, but my friends weren't even finished yet with theirs.

So yeah, west-european culture is superior over others.
>>
>>1263383
If you're unhappy with your life, leaving the country is unlikely to fix things

90% of adult unhappiness is because of unemployment or underemployment so if you're unhappy I suggest you fix shit at home rather than memeing yourself into travel
>>
>>1264726
you were in europe's somalia
>>
>>1263383
OP. I feel for you as I went through the same thing. The key is to be the same person at home that you are traveling.

I'm fucking wild and impulsive now and people appreciate me for it. I'll do crazy shit and my life is pretty interesting where I am. The thing is that it takes time, as well. You come back a different person so you can't relate to the old friends that you have.

Give it time but find things that make you happy in your home city or you'll always come back to shit.
>>
>>1264726
>I was in a foreign restaurant once and didn' like ti so now my culture (whatever that means) is superior to everybody elses

I always ask myself how much of loser you have to be to get your self worth from some imaginary collective you think you belong to. Guess I found the answer

TLDR: kys
>>
>>1264968
>The key is to be the same person at home that you are traveling.

its not possible. when abroad u r pumped like a cat thrown in the sea

>>1264732
>f you're unhappy with your life, leaving the country is unlikely to fix things

this x1000. at the end of the day travelling is a memory creator,

also about the money thing i guess u r correct

i mean we can meme all we want...but at d end of the day the material basics have to be there for a semi-happy sound life. ispeak like this and i am a fuckin hippie
>>
File: modern travel.jpg (3MB, 1989x3464px) Image search: [Google]
modern travel.jpg
3MB, 1989x3464px
>>1264608
This to be perfectly honest familia
>>
>>1264994 see >>1264666
>>
>>1264991
Speak for yourself, man. I'm the same person I am at home. I get laid just as much, I say yes to just as many things, I love going out on my own/just going for a walk when I feel like it. My bosses all know I take drugs but they don't give a shit because it doesn't affect my work and I'm fun to be around.
>>
File: 1495542391302.jpg (234KB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1495542391302.jpg
234KB, 1440x1440px
>>1265080
>tfw i'm only attracted to exotic women

I don't even like women that are a different race than me but from the same country.
>>
shit like this is why I stopped coming to /trv/

even traveling is now a competition to get laid, great
>>
>>1265088
Travelling to get laid is not a bad thing, although you miss a whole lot if that's your only goal.

Travelling can help people transform themselves and being more open, extroverted and sure of themselves can be the result of getting good with women. Being abroad just makes it easier because you don't know anybody and other cultures may be less conservative than your own (talking from experience).
>>
>>1264732
>90% of adult unhappiness is because of unemployment or underemployment so if you're unhappy I suggest you fix shit at home rather than memeing yourself into travel

>he thinks people are genuinely happy with throwing 8 hours a day of their lives into a job they don't wake up excited about
>>
This is my fear, OP. I just came back from traveling for 1.5 years and I'm a different person than when I left. Now I'm going back to a tech hub city with an awful gender ratio, and no friends there, starting from scratch.

>>1265083
This is me too. But I've found that traveling and getting laid in their home countries has allowed me to pick up foreign girls in the US too, way more easily than before. Especially Latinas since I learned Spanish really well. They get insanely easy if you talk to them in Spanish, even American-born latinas.

>>1265091
The whole process of working to get laid abroad made me much more extroverted and comfortable with people in general.
>>
>>1265088
>>1265091
4chan is often a kind of unofficial self-help forum, even normal boards like /trv/. A good chunk of the people browsing at any given time are going to be deeply unsatisfied and frustrated young men wanting to change their lives in one way or another.
>>
>>1264973
> i've never had a culinary experience

kys yourself turd
>>
I _might_ pull slightly more abroad, because I'm living with Mom.

(My father died and I got roped into living with her via the oldest surviving son meme. I pay her bills and had been paying my sister's bills until they ditched)

so being abroad means I'm out of the house

>>1265092
no, Real Traveller, anon specifically highlighted underemployment as an issue. that implies cash flow problems. then anon confirmed this implication with "shit at home," generally
>>
>>1265124
Some food is just for eating, the same way not all art is a profound experience.
>>
where you went wrong is when you went home. move abroad nigga
>>
>>1263397
Typical 4chan frustrated user
>>
>>1264994
really a poor and ignorant semplification
>>
File: 01a.jpg (45KB, 565x522px) Image search: [Google]
01a.jpg
45KB, 565x522px
>>1265080
>I'm the same person I am at home

so u have the same energy in everyday life as when you are on a rollercoaster at Disneyland?
>>
>>1265125
>no, Real Traveller, anon specifically highlighted underemployment as an issue. that implies cash flow problems. then anon confirmed this implication with "shit at home," generally

He's implying people are unhappy because they have no money, but having money will only bring momentary happiness.

Unless you use it to travel all the time. Fuck, you're right.
>>
>>1264726
>this one poorly managed restaurant must be the living embodiment of an entire country's culture
>>
>>1265338
I don't know why but this is a great post. Maybe because it holds a good advice. Much appreciated.
>>
>>1265423
>He's implying people are unhappy because they have no money, but having money will only bring momentary happiness.
having money, as we all get told all the time, doesn't bring happiness (I'm not convinced this is true)

but not having money /does/ bring unhappiness

some dumpster diving hippy is going to tell me to free my mind for saying this. #LowEnergyLosers #TotalDirtBags
>>
>>1263383

>deeply bored with friends and job
>go travelling for 3 months
>realise how dumb everyone is, especially travellers
>realise how grateful i am for my friends and family and the stability of my hometown
>come home and everything is great

backpackers are fucking losers
>>
>>1265709
same feel tbqh.
>>
>>1263383
If you are looking for a location where you are "happy and motivated with life"consistently; then explore the world more. The life that you want is out there waiting for you. Go on a working holiday spending a reasonable amount of time somewhere that you've never been before. If you start to feel the way you do now, which is obviously unhappy, then move somewhere new before. Your ideal life is waiting for you, but you still have to find it!
>>
>>1265601
As me main man Kanye once said, "Having money isn't everything, not having it is"

He also once said that "sometimes the people highest up have the people highest up have the lowest self esteem. And the prettiest people, do the ugliest thing"

damn 'ye always spittin' dat hot fiyah.
>>
File: IMG_1692.jpg (41KB, 500x514px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1692.jpg
41KB, 500x514px
Short term solution don't solve long term problems. Travel and escapism are two different things.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.