[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travel Anxiety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1300.jpg (48KB, 586x366px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1300.jpg
48KB, 586x366px
On Wednesday I'm traveling alone to France for a personal vacation. I'm a bit concerned though. This isn't my first time traveling alone. I've traveled internationally twice before. But on both of those trips, the first 2-3 days I was wrecked with anxiety. It wasn't until day 4+ when I could actually start enjoying the trip and feel normal. Now, I've come a LONG way since those last 2 trips. Overall in life I'm much much better off now. But even still, I'm a bit worried I'm going to be sick with anxiety the first few days.

Any advice?
>>
>>1263253
Do some low stress stuff at your own pace the first few days, like museums. If you get anxious you can just sit down, or hang out in the cafeteria. Or don't be embarrassed to be a tourist for the first day or two and do one of the bus tours, you're just sitting there, not doing much, and you know that you will end up exactly where you began, but it gives you a sense of the layout of the city and gets you excited about the places you'll see up close later.
>>
>>1263262

The first 2 days I scheduled to not be busy. The first day I have no plans other than checking in to my hostel. On day 2 I just have a few museums I want to see.

I guess I'm just a bit concerned, because on my last trip I did, the first 2 days with the combination of jet-lag and anxiety. I was so fucked. I barely ate the first 2 days because my entire GI tract felt fucked and I couldn't sleep. I just don't want to go through that again
>>
Social anxiety?
>>
>>1263270

why do you say social?
>>
>>1263253
You're leaving established territory and immersing yourself in the territory of another tribe. You are, effectively, throwing your monkey brain into absolute crisis mode -- as we're evolved to NEED those constants to feel safe. Back in the day you'd be dead without them. Work through it. Do things that establish your self reliance and sense of well being. Also, go sky diving. Fuck it.
>>
>>1263276
Don't lay that history channel-tier pseudo science on a stressed-out anon whose going on vacation. Him and his monkey brain are going to be just fine.

I forgot to mention OP should check out the museum of the Middle Ages (Musée national du Moyen Âge) if he wants something a bit more chillaxed than the major sites. And general advice for cultural visitors to Paris is get the Paris museum pass (you can buy it at the airport) as it saves you money - and most importantly time - because you don't need to cue up for tickets.
>>
>>1263272
I'm asking which kind of anxiety.
>>
>>1263289

Travel I guess?

I don't think it's social. I don't care about being around others. I can zone out
>>
File: 1496788317874.jpg (12KB, 294x273px) Image search: [Google]
1496788317874.jpg
12KB, 294x273px
>>1263288
>Calling evo-psych bullshit
>Implying that understanding a problem is shit tier compared to just ignoring it
>Being this much of a faggot
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.