[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Week in The Netherlands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (15KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 224x225px
So I have a week (monday to sunday) to spend it the Netherlands and was looking for suggestions/recomendations for places to check out.
Interested mainly in
>history
>scenery/outdoors
>decent live music and pubs
Not too pushed about art but sure if you think theres a place worth checking out no harm in mentioning it
Weed and hookers arent really a priority, other than maybe the last weekend.
Gonna be in Amsterdam obviously and Leeuwarden. What other cities are worth checking out?
>>
>>1262987
Definitely take a day in Utrecht (centrally located in Holland, similar to Amsterdam but without the tourists, nice architecture, atmosphere, student-city), also I would strongly suggest Maastricht (most far south city in Holland, bout 1,5-2 hours train from Utrecht) because this is just beautifull city and scenery around the city, more German/Belgium influences so a lot different than Amsterdam/Utecht

Also if you have some time left I would suggest seeing the coast, Egmond aan zee, Den Helder, it's calm places with sea and fish and stuff

Have fun!!
>>
>>1263180
Seconding Maastricht, and you can also travel across the border to Aachen by suburban bus from there, which is a great city to visit if you're interested in history.
>>
>>1263180
>>1263198
Cheers. Maastricht definitely looks worth checking out. Aachen too.
Would either of you recommend Rotterdam or the Hague for the last city
>>
>>1263293
Rotterdam is pretty ugly, if you had to choose one I'd go for the Hague. I would strongly suggest you go to Haarlem or Groningen instead though
>>
Linking my relevant thread to this.

>>1261758
>>
Every city is definitely worth it to be discovered, but don't stay there more than half a day. The eastern half of the Netherlands has a lot of Hanze cities, whereas the western half is more modern. Rotterdam is one of the best places in the Netherlands. There is always something to do in that towns and it feels really modern.
>>
File: koa.jpg (14KB, 343x342px) Image search: [Google]
koa.jpg
14KB, 343x342px
>>1262987

fuck u danny
>>
what's Eindhoven like?

I've seen and liked Amsterdam, Rotterdam, and Antwerp (yes, I know, it's in Flanders)
>>
Try Urk, historical incest island full of fishery, take the tour through the narrow alleys
>>
>>1264077
>Incest
>Narrow alleys
Ah yes, my two favourite words to read in a sentence
>>
>>1264059
It sucks, no trust me I live there, there's some fun stuff for locals to do and I love that city, but for tourists it's really a louzy city. Especially since you have places like Maastricht, Utrecht, Groningen and Den Bosch which are waaay nicer to spend your time
>>
>>1264343
so, same guy, US EU dual citizen, probably moving soon because reasons

considering learning Dutch, happen to be good with languages and not much else. I was over on the Dutch General thread (or whatever the fuck they call it) on /int/ but it's not that great

uhhhhh, pointers? torn between Flanders and Netherlands, have/had friends/connections in and around Ghent

>or I could just be practical and perfect my German wherever
>or lazy and go with what I know, move to Spain and continue speaking Spanish
>or uber lazy and Ireland + speak English

thanks
>>
>>1262987
Amsterdamfag here.
Dont go to the Anne Frank house it sucks balls and you have to stand in line for 1 or 2 hours to see a shitty room.

Its summer so its fucking packed with people now so probably every museum you visit you have to wait in line.

But history wise
Scheepvaart Museum has great naval history and a giant replica warship you can walk on.

Rijks Museum has many hostorical paintings and artifacts thats where that big Night watch (nachtwacht) painting is.

The centre of the city has nice walking routes along the canals ofcourse.

Redlight district is pretty much nudered by the PC police. Most hookers are gone and only 10% is left. Lots of tourist crappy shops are there. There are still some old school taverns around there. In the redlight district near the black hookers there is a Church called The Old Church the oldest church in Amsterdam as I recall there are many heroes of the sea buried there.

Across central station there are the shopping streets that go straight on to Rembrandplein where all the nightclubs are. The centre of city has seen a shitload of crappy nutella shop where they sell shitty wafles and other sugary shit ignore those fuckers.
There is a little place on the shopping street Nieuwendijk, Its called Van den Linden. They make their own Ice cream and other sweet deliciouseness. My fat ass would highly recommend that small shop. And I mean tiny not even 2 meters wide.

My neighbourhood is close to central station its called De Jordaan. Its a nice neighbourhood used to be a tiny village on its own and other people didnt want to live here The guys who kidnapped Heineken came from here (my buddys dad actually helped them bury the ransom money in a forest in France, but sttt thats between us) but now its gentryfied as fuck but still nice. Nice outside markets on Monday and Saturday. Many nice restaurants and bars

Im just thinking of the top of my head right now so if you have any questions im here faggots.
>>
>>1264799
>gentryfied as fuck but still nice
hint: gentrification made it nice
>>
Be sure to check Utrecht, it's really a wonderful city, with nice sights and wonderful canals everywhere

The only city I didn't like in The Netherlands were Den Haag (too much traffic and not much to see/do) and Rotterdam, can't really remember why honestly, I was baked all the time.

About Amsterdam, if you like camping check the Zeeburg Hostel, it's one of the best of the city and the scenery is fantastic. Don't visit the Anne Frank house, it's a damn tourist trap and the queue is kilometric. Other museums are nice, like the Van Gogh one and the Rijks museum, but man they're damn expensive.

If you want to see some boobs at the Red Light District but don't want to waste 50€ for 20 minutes with a romanian hooker, go to the Sex Palace Peep Show, it's really fun.
>>
>>1264799
I'm heading to Amsterdam with my fiance in early November, any suggestions for restaurants to go or other cities to make day trips to? We plan on being there about a week.
>>
>>1265207
>there are people that don't believe gentrification is the single best thing that can happen to an urban area
>>
>>1265727
thatsthejoke.jpeg
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.