[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Because of work, I'll be staying in Nuremberg from September

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: kaiserburg-castle-nuremberg.jpg (40KB, 616x282px) Image search: [Google]
kaiserburg-castle-nuremberg.jpg
40KB, 616x282px
Because of work, I'll be staying in Nuremberg from September to December and I have a couple of questions about the city/area:
- How feasible is it to travel to the Alps by public transportation as a day-trip?
- What's the German spoken there like? I know some basic German but I'd like to prepare a bit against any peculiarities more before going there
>>
>>1262449
A day trip for the Alps would be pushing it, I think. Check the websites of Deutsche Bahn and Flixbus to see if there are decent connections to cities in the Alps that interest you.
Germans in that part of the country speak with an A that sounds like a mixture of A and O. They also like to roll there R's.
Another day trip idea would be Regensburg and the Walhalla. However, people in that city speak a very strange and incomprehensible German. I speak decent German and have travelled quite a bit through the German speaking countries, but Regensburg was the only place where I encountered locals I could not for the life of me understand. Just pretend you don't speak German if you go to Regensburg.
>>
>>1262710
>A day trip for the Alps would be pushing it
Yep, seems like it. Saturday+Sunday seems like a better idea.
>They also like to roll there R's
Interesting, I assume they do that with all R's except those at the end of syllables, right? (not the one in "mir", for example).
> the Walhalla
I hadn't heard about that spot, I'll be sure to check it out.
>>
>>1262449
>- How feasible is it to travel to the Alps by public transportation as a day-trip?
Not really feasible unless you rush everything. Take a weekend trip. Flixbus is a good option, so is the Bayern/Bavaria ticket.
>- What's the German spoken there like?
Franconian. In the bigger cities its more understandable for outsiders.
General rules:
No t or p ever. They become d and b.
(Tiger, Paypal http://vocaroo.com/i/s0R58szJT7v2)
r are rolled.
(Pirat http://vocaroo.com/i/s0YeUZGpCqiA)
Everything else is shortened to the extreme. ein -> a, auch -> a
Some a and o sounds are different and mixed, so can be the e and u.
Baum -> Baam, for example.
>>1263141
Rgensburg is worth a visit. So are Munich, Bamberg, Würzburg, Rothenburg among others.
>mir
Would be miä
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Bm9lpZJVmk
>>1262710
For me as a Franconian its ok but Germans have problems at the beginning, yes.
>>
>>1263193
Im not directly from Nuremberg by the way, and Im not there that often, so these are just general rules for Franconian.
>>
>>1263193
> Not really feasible unless you rush everything. Take a weekend trip.
Yep, it seems like I'd have very little time for actual hiking and sightseeing. I'll do weekend trips instead
> General rules
Some of those seem like not much of a big deal (like the rolled Rs, but others seem like they might be very confusing
>Rgensburg is worth a visit. So are Munich, Bamberg, Würzburg, Rothenburg among others.
I'll have plenty of time, so I'll try to check most surrounding areas that seem close enough in google maps. Thanks for the suggestions!
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.