[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Freight train hopping.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

As a bong who lives on a small island, i really want to experience train hopping, have any of you ever done it and if you have how did it go? I really want to get some friends and just go and do it and not give any fucks.
>>
>>>/n/ has a couple resident train hoppers
>>
>>1262393
There is a lot of things you need to know. What carts are save to ride. Where to catch trains. Listen to Railworkers Radio. Avoid long tunnels etc..

watch Brave Daves Freighthopping Series on Youtube.
>>
>>1262393
Great way to get killed or injured.

t. former railroad worker
>>
I have taken a few trips.

Have spent one night in jail, and one night in the hospital because of it. Both due to me not being careful.

Good idea to go with someone who had already gone, but also okay if you dont.

amtraks are surprisingly fast and quiet, so when you are walking in the yards assume one will come up behind you without you hearing it if you are standing on the tracks. So dont stand on the tracks.

Assume any dormant train will suddenly jolt hard and start moving at any movement. So dont step on the nut between train cars, and if you are climbing into a train be ready for it to suddenly move.

Be careful when getting off of moving trains. I jumped off one and somehow landed on my head, hence the hospital.

And jail due to being visible.

Also, go to black butte center for railroad culture as soon as you can. California. Google it. Incredible refuge for train hoppers, extensive library of train books, libraries, movies in a renovated train car you can sleep in for ftee. Epic non profit. Hobo olympics are held there.

Best of luck. Be careful. I went to ja because I was in plain sight when I shouldn't have been, and I almost died because I wasn't careful when I should have been. Dont hop trains on a deadline. Will lead to bad decisions.
>>
>>1262393
This is a dream I have been nursing for 15 years.

I am an insomniac who has worked a lot of night shifts in industrial areas or factories near train tracks...over the years I kept a journal of all the places, times, and train companies, that stopped and where they stopped and for how long etc.

I've been carrying it around for years but I'm afraid to use it because:
Even though I live in a shithole, it's entirely possible that the train could take me someplace worse, and then I wouldn't be able to get back.

I'm afraid of degenerate hobos or worse, train employees who can beat me and still claim to have the law on their side

Biggest concern is irreparable lung damage if these dirty fucking trains go into a long tunnel.

My grandpa told me about a friend of his who did this as a kid and was disfigured, but he tried to hop onto a moving one.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.