[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please help me... I booked a greyhound ticket with my girlfriend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1475715871066.jpg (72KB, 720x690px) Image search: [Google]
1475715871066.jpg
72KB, 720x690px
Please help me... I booked a greyhound ticket with my girlfriend from boston to montreal last night. (non refundable) I went there before and only needed a birth certificate and ID. Now i see that i need a passport to get on the greyhound bus,which i dont have.

What can I do to fix this? Get off at an earlier stop and rent a car? Can I get off the bus at customs and take the border shuttle bus?

My gf is going to leave me over this once i tell her fuuuuck
>>
>>1261732
>Now i see that i need a passport to get on the greyhound bus,which i dont have.

No you need a passport because you are leaving the US. Doesn't matter what method you are using.
>>
>>1261736
it says i do not need one to enter canada, but to come back i do or i will face an investigation before being allowed to return. greyhound states that they require the passport before boarding so as not to hold-up the trip at customs.
>>
>>1261738
You don't need a full passport book, you can use the cheaper and easier to get card which lets you into mexico and canada. You still need a passport to leave the US
>>
>>1261732
>My gf is going to leave me over this once i tell her
accidentally stab her before the journey. It will be a good excuse not to go.
>>
>>1261732
you need a passport book or card

but you definitely need a passport

if you go to an agency, you can get it within a week but you have to pay extra to expedite it.
>>
>>1261732
Gonna have to get yourself a passport, anon. It's a useful thing to have anyways.
>>
Even if you aren't traveling a Passport is stupid useful for the 100 or so bucks you pay for the use of it for the next 10 years.
>>
>>1261732
An Enhanced Driver's License would work but Massachusetts doesn't issue them yet. And if you don't have a passport it's a safe bet you don't have a Nexus or Fast card either, so you're fucked.

>>1261739
I'm not a USian, but for the sake of an extra $80 it seems silly to get that very limited card instead of the real thing.
>>
Maybe 5 years or so ago I crossed from Canada to the US with a guy without a passport who didn't realize he needed one. He called ahead to the border point and they said it would be ok because he called ahead so they had time to clear him. This was to get into the US, so presumably they'd extend the same for a US citizen on your way back.
>>
>>1262195
>I'm not a USian, but for the sake of an extra $80 it seems silly to get that very limited card instead of the real thing.

A great deal of Americans take vacations to just Mexico/Canada as it is usually cheap and easy, not only that but a lot of mexicans get the card to go see their families in mexico. For a large portion of americans it makes sense to just get the card for your trips unless you know you are going overseas, and if you have the passport card getting the full book is discounted and done in like a week or something.
>>
>>1261732

You're fucked, buddy.

Ten or fifteen years ago, it was possible to cross the land border between the United States with little other than a drivers license and citizenship document.

That's no longer the case. You either need a passport or a passport card, with the latter option only available to the residents of certain border states.

I really don't know how that whole development went over your head.
>>
>>1262211
>Ten or fifteen years ago, it was possible
before 9/11 bb
>>
>>1262215

Cant remember when the changes were made but post-9/11 sounds right.

I was born in 1993. I live in Michigan, whereas most of my extended family is in New England. When I was younger, we'd always cut through Ontario to save a few hours. I remember customs and immigration on the Canadian side would take a look at my birth certificate, ask if the guy in the car was my dad, and then wave us through.

They're fucking miserable nowadays. Because I have some oddball stamps in my passport, I always get caught up for at least an hour if I try crossing.

I just avoid Canada now, even though I live but an hour from the nearest border.
>>
>>1261732
>tfw no gf
>tfw don't have to deal with any of this ever
>tfw solo travel can get kinda lonely

Anyway anon if you're from the states and have the cash there are one day passport attainment services, not sure of your current time gap between traveling and booking your ticket

If you have the money for a rental car I have a feeling you'll be fine
>>
>>1262211
>>1262215
>>1262242
You didn't need a passport/enhanced ID to drive across the border until like 2012
>>
>>1262295

Looked it up.

Guess it was 2009.

"Under the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, as of January 23, 2007, citizens of both Canada and the United States were required to present a valid passport at a U.S. Preclearance Facility -- located at all major Canadian airports -- prior to boarding their flight to the United States. Beginning June 1, 2009, it was established that travelers entering the U.S. through a land or sea border must present a passport or WHTI-compliant document."
>>
>>1262295
It depended on if your ID was from a border state or not.
>>
>>1261732
you don goofed. better get used to fapping to hentai again.
>>
>>1261732
>My gf is going to leave me over this once i tell her
She's trash then, who cares?
To be fair, it's your fault for trying to travel internationally without a passport. Even if it's not technically required for this trip, it's a stupid idea to not have one.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.