[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Central America

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: central-america-map.gif (230KB, 1914x1440px) Image search: [Google]
central-america-map.gif
230KB, 1914x1440px
I am planning on leaving in August from California and want to do the entire Central America and depending on how my budget goes head to South America. Any advice?

I'm a somewhat experienced traveler, having gone to over 40 countries but first time doing Latin America, besides the time I hitchhiked California and walked over the border into Tijuana, I only stayed 2 nights before crossing the border again and took a bus back home to San Francisco

I will be crossing over the border from San Diego and starting my trip in Tijuana for nostalgic purposes. I've been there before and know only to stay a short time.

What should I see in Mexico? So far I want to go to Tijuana, Mexico City, Yucatan, and Jalisco.

Also I want to go to Havana Cuba and it seems like the cheapest round trip flights are from Mexico City.

Any advice is much appreciated

Thank you
>>
My mom says that Belize is dangerous, is this so?
>>
Salvadoran here, You can move easily through public transportation but depending on the country it might me a little dangerous, If you have lets say 2,000 bucks extra, I would buy a car and explore the best parts of each country, guatemala has great night life, a personal favorite is Quetzaltenango and the surroundings, I know nothing about belize since we need a visa to enter the country, Honduras is dangeours if youre stupid enough and go there without an itinerary and good research.

Nicaragua is super chilled, they impale gang members if they try to settle in the country, mostly everything is dirt cheap.

El Salvador is only great if you like the heat and the beach, although things are getting more expensive lately.

Costa Rica is has a nice forest and beautiful beaches but tourism, burger specially, has gotten everything tourism related, fuckken expensive.

Havent been to Panama.

Get a car, visit the most mainstream of each country, and head to South America in a car.
>>
>>1260752
>I want to go to Tijuana
Why?

>really dangerous
>polluted
>dirty
>full of drugs and prostitution
>hot as fuck
>ugly buildings
>no culture
>bad food
>>
>>1260752
Why would you do such a thing?
>>
Mexico is super diverse in all respects, including price and security. I'd say highlights for a traveler are the copper towns north of Mexico City, the Oaxaca coast, and the Yucatán (t. Have traveled everywhere in Mexico and CA). Baja and Cancún area can be expensive, but everywhere else is dirt cheap nowadays. I'd say the should-avoid places are the Cancún and Tijuana areas (Baja gets nice south of Rosarita, and QR Tulum and south).

Guatemala is worth it for the Mayan highlands. Everything else in Central America I'd say skip: it's all a shittier more expensive version of what you can find in Mexico (Nicaragua is potentially as cheap off the tourist trail but way shittier, if safer).
>>
>>1261870
>Would you like to see the ruins my friend?
How do Guatemalan ruins compare to Mexican ruinas?
>>
>>1263330
Much better in Mexico imo and a lot cheaper. There are so many sites that some are very uncrowded, likely Central America.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.