[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

University Towns in Europe with Hiking Trails

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Hey /trv/. I'm planning on going to Europe some time in Europe for a few weeks. I know I could go to Berlin, Barcelona, Prague, Budapest, etc. But I'd like to find a city that has 3 things going for it specifically:

1) Is a college town
2) Has forests/mountains to hike
3) Relatively nice weather (not rainy all the time for example)

I know there are many cities like this, but which would you recommend? I'd like to not spend too much money and rent an AirBnB apartment, but I'm open to suggestions. The reason I ask this is because I get the impression that a lot of these big touristy cities lack the greenery that I'm looking for.
>>
>>1259385

*some time in August
>>
>>1259385
Freiburg in Germany fits your bill. It's got a great uni community, best weather in Germany and sits on the edge of the Black Forest. Swiss Alps are a 2 hour train ride away.
>>
>>1259392
Thanks for the suggestion. How's the nightlife there?
>>
>>1259402
As all European university towns, pretty dead for the semester break between July till mid September.
Everyone goes home, has a summer job or goes festival hopping.
>>
>>1259439
So nothing happens in Freiburg?
>>
>>1259392
Another similiar city is Tübingen, located in Southern Germany. It´s not too large (population of about 90k), has one of the oldest universities in Germany (founded in the 15th century), many young people living there (youngest city in the state) and access to interesting hiking areas, like the Swabian Jura or the Schönbuch national forest.
>>
>>1259540
Pic related.
>>
>>1259402
It won't be totally dead. It's got cool bars which will still be open and active. If you're there in late August there's a better chance. I used to study there and will be back in a couple weeks for Sommerfest. Now that is a great party.
>>
Any suggestions outside of Germany?
>>
>>1259385
I think Graz in Austria would fit all your requirements
>>
>>1259385
Most small(er) universities in Austria, Switzerland, southern Germany and Bavaria.
Bamberg, Graz, Freiburg, Würzburg, Passau, etc.
>>
>>1260096
>>1260102
Which ones are easy to get to from their "big" airports? I've never traveled alone before, so I'm a bit scared of having to take a strange route to the towns from the airport.
>>
>>1260114
All towns in western europe are very easy to reach by train or bus.

You can even land in Frankfurt and hike down to the Alps through Bavaria along the romantic road. Or you can do the same in Austria or Switzerland. Bring a tent and youre set desu.
>>
you asking the college towns and nightlife? why not just straight say your looking for chicks
>>
>>1260343
Because there's enough shitposts about that already. I also want to do other stuff there too.
>>
>>1259385
My uni, Lancaster uni is near the countryside and pretty nice, wouldn't want to spend too long here though
If you're around in August I'll buy you a beer
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.