[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm travelling to SEA next month with my friend, but we

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Manama,_Bahrain_Decembre_2014.jpg (18KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
Manama,_Bahrain_Decembre_2014.jpg
18KB, 350x233px
I'm travelling to SEA next month with my friend, but we have a 15 hour stopover in Bahrain on the way there. I obviously don't want to spend a full day in the airport so I was thinking of leaving, doing a bit of sightseeing then coming back to catch the connecting flight in the evening.

Have any of you been to Bahrain and is it worth leaving the airport? If so what is worth doing?

Also had a question about safety, as generally Gulf states are far safer than most countries in the Middle East but I know there's some stuff going on there at the moment.

Any help would be much appreciated!
>>
It's best to check out the local goat brothel
>>
>>1258828
There are some neighborhoods that aren't the greatest where people clash with the police, but nobody will give a fuck about you. I doubt you will stumble into any, but if you see a lot of black flags in buildings that neighborhood is not for you. Bahrain is generally safe, though. What are the hours of your layover? When is it? If soon Ramadan may fuck up most of your opportunities during the layover
>>
Been there some years ago.

Take a taxi at the airport and keep it for the whole time you are there. It will not be too expensive.

Things I can recommend:
- Old Town / Souk
- World trade center
- Grand Mosque
- Fort

Took a lot of photos there and had a great time.

Have fun!
>>
>>1258910
We'll be landing at 7am and leaving around 10pm in the evening so pretty much the whole day. Going at the end of July.

>>1258919
Thanks! I did see people saying that taxis are extortionate and often you have to negotiate a price beforehand as their meters are 'broken'. Would you recommend arranging a price and listing all the places you want to go and doing it that way?
>>
>>1259013
I am >>1258910
Just take a taxi that will run a meter. They legally have to, but often don't. They will quote you a price and say it's cheaper than the meter, if never is. Places to check out. Bahrain is not hard to get around, for the most part. You may just want to rent a car. What day of the week will you be there? This is also an important consideration for things I suggest.

Museum
City Centre Mall to catch a movie and people watch
Souq
The F1 track if a fan (you race karts)
Adliya for food

Have more info, but have to run. Literally
>>
>>1258828
Unfortunately the fastest way from the Manama Airport to the center is the taxi.

Someone mentioned earlier the F1 track. It is actually a bit ouside and it takes some time to get there, for only an empty track and a shop to buy F1 clothes.

The al-fateh mosque is quite impressive and can be visited (unless prayer times) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fMvd6rfy4g

For alcohol you can stop by the hard rock cafe manama.

The Bahrain Souk is more like for wandering around and shopping.
>>
>>1259141
>alcohol you can stop by the hard rock cafe manama.
One of the most overpriced restaurants in Bahrain. Horrible choice for food or alcohol. And horrible traffic on that road. Why would you suggest there? Especially with all of the other bars, pubs, and restaurants?
>>
>>1259141
>for only an empty track
You know you can race on the tracks, right? And I did say, "if a F1 fan"
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.