[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Washington DC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0232.jpg (61KB, 736x490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0232.jpg
61KB, 736x490px
Will be visiting DC for a vacation near the end of this month. Driving down for 5 days with a couple friends.

Have never been there before and want to get as much done as possible. What areas should we avoid? I know Washington is a very crime ridden city.
Which tours are the best to go on? Which museums are recommend? What are some general fun things to do there and how is the night life?

Pic unrelated we are all guys mid 20s
>>
File: 1496289145181.gif (2MB, 400x303px) Image search: [Google]
1496289145181.gif
2MB, 400x303px
>>1258496
>I know Washington is a very crime ridden city
pic related

>how is the night life
It's good if you know where to go.
>>
>>1258496

Avoid the negro areas and you'll have few problems, anon.
>>
I lived there from July to December last year. You can honestly knock out the museums in a day. Crime is actually not that bad, just STAY away from the Maryland side of the metro area in Prince George's County. The actually metro is a god send and super safe to travel.

Pussy is on a platter. Adams Morgan, H street, all fantastic places to party. Also highly recommend getting brunch. Me and my boys got black out drunk basically every weekend for 10 bucks on bottomless mimosas.
>>
>>1258624
>Avoid the negro areas and you'll have few problems, anon.
that's all of the us though, take his advice, op, don't go to the us.
>>
Wondering if any locals have any advice for a good first date, late night, post 8/9pm.

Was looking at Georgetown Piano Bar, or oysters at Shaw.

Things that people of age can do, but not too old or serious.

Is there a barcade in the area?
Or a nice chill but nice ambiance place to enjoy a drink or two?
>>
>>1258698
http://www.notfortourists.com/Overview.aspx/WashingtonDC/Nightlife
Reading this...
Where would Asian (if it matters) college goers go to go out?

Not tryna go clubbing or anything, at least initially, just a nice drink at first.
>>
Been to DC 4 times
>first time as tourist
>second time for work
>third time just to hang out and party with an old friend

From my experience:
Museums are fantastic. And free - very rare for the US. Air and Space Museums (actually there are 2) are both interesting. Missiles, space shit and a stealth bomber. Cool. I thought the News Museum and American History museums had some cool stuff too. Art museum very good too - the only Da Vinci in the Americas. Lots of awesome European art. Had fun at the zoo, too.
>no way you can do all of them - at least not properly - in just one or two days

As for nightlife, maybe the person I knew there was just kind of clueless but to be honest I didn't really enjoy it. Lots of snotty, smug rich fucks (as opposed to cool, fun rich fucks). That being said, I could see the potential: lots of young rich girls who are doing unpaid internships and have never had to take responsibility for their actions in their lives and are trying to fuck their way in to something. And if you know how to pick up young rich sluts, then you could potentially clean up.

>prices
Another anon said it was cheap and I guess I could have done my research better. Everywhere I went was way fucking expensive. So I guess if OP is on a budget, then do your research ahead of time because it will make a big difference in how much you spend.
>>
>>1258896
>and I guess I meant I've been 3 times.
>>
>>1258496
fuck off, were full
>>
I'm traveling to Washington this month too. You guys know of any chill bar with nice live music, where I can go grab some drinks alone and have no one bother me?
>>
>>1258896
So, how DO you pick up rich sluts?

Chloroform launcher?
>>
>>1259094

DC9 in Shaw, but check who's playing.

Iota in Arlington. Barely even a bar vibe desu, more like a coffeehouse but alcohol and live music often.

I've heard the Pinch in Petworth is good but I've never been there.

Comet Ping Pong if you like pizza ;)
>>
>>1258698
>>1258701

Date/drink spots:
- Gibson on U St "speakeasy"
- Boardroom in Dupont (board games)
- Iron Horse or Rocket Bar in Chinatown (ymmv as a date spot but good for friends, they both have skee ball and some arcade games and stuff)
>>
>>1258496

Cool stuff:
-If you haven't seen the monuments and the war memorials, you gotta do that. Totally free and perfectly safe, even at night. Night is better because it's not as hot. You've probably heard of the famous ones but FDR and Korean war are underrated.

-If you have money, take one of the old town trolley bus tours. You can see either a) all the monuments or b) embassy row/georgetown in like 90 minutes.

- If you're really into history, check out the house where Lincoln died or Lincoln's summer cottage.
>>
>>1258496

Nightlife:
- Ton of stuff at U st and Dupont. U st's a little cooler.
- Adams Morgan and Clarendon (VA)= for bros if that's your thing.
- H St and Columbia Heights= More hipster vibe.
- Georgetown, Chinatown, the Hill =not as many places but can be fun if you're already there.
- A lot of the actual clubs are downtown by K st.
>>
>>1260247
This
>>
>>1260237
>>1260246
>>1260247
Thanks guys.
This is just a tinder so I wanna keep total costs for the night under $50.

She lives in Georgetown/Foggy Bottom. Should we start drinking there then go to H St and Columbia Heights or start in H St Columbia Heights?

She's an intern for the Capital, probably liberal, and when I said "Forever 21, J Crew, or Urban Outfitters", she chose Urban Outfitters. Making me think we should start out at H St and Columbia Heights.

Around that area what's a good place with nice mood lighting, calm but chill music, and where a few rounds wouldn't break the bank?

Precciate it.
>>
>>1259102
Race you to the patent office.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.