[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to narrow down my choices for Fulbright. These

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: logo.png (17KB, 500x143px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
17KB, 500x143px
I'm trying to narrow down my choices for Fulbright. These are the countries I'm choosing between:

Indonesia
Malaysia
Kosovo
Moldova
Montenegro
Romania
Serbia

I'm asking for your advice, /trv/ - what do?
>>
Have you seen much of Europe or SEA before? Which climate do you prefer
>>
>>1257649
what languages do you speak and what is your personal goal during your stay?
>>
I would pick the country that has the highest Fulbright acceptance rate. These things (at least used to be) hard as hell to get, since the appearance of the ETA award it is a bit easier, but only marginally.
>>
>>1257649
Malaysia by far.

KL is an amazing city with the best food in the world.
The rest of the country has amazing beaches and nature.
KLIA has loads of cheap flights to the rest of the world.
>>
OP here, I prefer cold weather (I was born and raised in Florida and I hate the heat/humidity). Last year I went to Japan and this year I'm going to Brazil, but that's the extent of my travel experience outside of the touristy parts of Mexico and the Bahamas. I know bits and pieces of Spanish, French, Japanese, and Portuguese. My goal is to teach English as a foreign language for a living (I would be applying for an ETA). Malaysia seems to have the highest acceptance rate with Indonesia being a close second, and the others don't have many people applying for them but most who do get it. I saw one statistic that said 8 people applied for Romania last year and 5 of them got it.

Thanks for the replies so far!
>>
>>1257821

Ah OK. You complete your essay yet? If not, make sure you put in some mumbo-jumbo about how you plan on continuing your project once your time is up and how you are there to learn/share with your students and cohorts. The selection committee loves that stuff. Let me know if you have any questions, keep posting, I was a Fulbright scholar as an undergrad and as a senior faculty scholar. Also served on the national selection committee :)
>>
i dont know much about fulbright, but i go to serbia every summer. cool history, cool people, insanely good food, and good parties. belgrade is the hidden gem of europe, tons of great places to hang out. i may be biased though as i spend a lot of time time there.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.