[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LONDON TO ISTANBUL - MOTORCYCLE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Anon pic.jpg (662KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Anon pic.jpg
662KB, 1600x900px
Thought I'd try motorcycling from the UK to Istanbul BUT I have to pass through Hungary, Serbia and Bulgaria.

Does anyone have any words of warning? I think it might be a little dangerous but I'm looking for confirmation from people who either live there or are experienced in cross country travel.

Thank you.

P.S. That's my bike. 100 miles in the tank and it only costs £8 to fill her up :) :)
>>
>>1257423
I don't know about Serbia or Bulgaria but why would Hungary be dangerous?
>>
>>1257423

You're motorcycling across Europe, not the Sahara or Central America.

You'll be fine. I hitchhiked through Serbia and Bulgaria and the worst that happened was I had to switch cars because a driver didn't have enough money to pay his vehicle fee over the border and kept asking me.
>>
>>1257423
Is this a troll thread? Eastern Europe is not dangerous. Mind gypsies and that should be all.
>>
It's not a troll thread, people end up murdered by mob bosses in Hungary anywhere outside the touristic areas.
>>
>>1257423
Beware the Turulmadár-death cult, whose favourite victims for sacrifice are bikers traveling from London to Istanbul ( through Hungary, Serbia and Bulgaria ) with red bikes and a hundred miles in the tank that costs only 8 pounds to fill up.
>>
the worst thing that would happen in serbia is you get stuck behind some tractor going 5 mph, and you get killed trying to go around it by some guy going the opposite direction at 100. any trouble with the police, you can most of the time pay them off and they'll let you go.
>>
I have a coworker from Bulgaria who told me not to drive if I ever traveled there because people drive like maniacs and get killed all the time. I don't know if this is true but I also live in USA (Wisconsin) where people drive like old farts. I'm assuming since you're a motorcyclist you know you have to drive safer than most anyway though
>>
Are people this sheltered? Bulgaria and Serbia are safer than the U.K.
>>
File: 19051349_401.png (104KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
19051349_401.png
104KB, 700x394px
>>1257423
Got a similar Question. I want to Kayak down Danube river, crossing several borders. Will I get gunned down at the Hungary/Serbia or Bulgaria/Turkey Border because they might think I'm a refugee even though I am going in the right direction?
>>
>>1258343
Danube river pirates will be your major concern. If your kayak is boarded, don't try to be a hero. Just give them what they want and lodge a claim with your travel insurer later - check though, cheaper policies will explicitly exclude acts of piracy.
>>
>>1258343
Did you see that vice documentary too? I doubt they will board just a small kayak though. But I guess getting insured against theft or robbery is a thing I'll have to do anyway.
>>
File: chrome_2017-06-08_08-32-15.png (123KB, 625x511px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-06-08_08-32-15.png
123KB, 625x511px
>>1257423
>>1258343
Got a similar question to this one, I want to cartwheel across north america (pic related is my route), is Zaire safe?
>>
Istanbul was Constantinople
Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople
Been a long time gone, Constantinople
Now it's Turkish delight on a moonlit night

Every gal in Constantinople
Lives in Istanbul, not Constantinople
So if you've a date in Constantinople
She'll be waiting in Istanbul

Even old New York was once New Amsterdam
Why they changed it I can't say
People just liked it better that way

So take me back to Constantinople
No, you can't go back to Constantinople
Why did Constantinople get the works?
That's nobody's business but the Turks

Istanbul (Istanbul)
Istanbul (Istanbul)

Even old New York was once New Amsterdam
Why they changed it I can't say
People just liked it better that way

Istanbul was Constantinople
Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople

So take me back to Constantinople
No, you can't go back to Constantinople

Istanbul
>>
On a bloody 125?
>>
>>1260309
Erm yah. It goes the maximum speed limit, whats duh prolblem?
>>
>>1259405
is that what you think satire is?
>>
>>1257423
Is that a ybr 125?
If yes, ever heard of re-moto? A guy and his gf toured the world on those little bikes so the bike will hold it no problem.
I am interested myself in covering large distances on a 125. Have you ever taken a long trip on a 125?
>>
>>1261746
Nah, just got it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.