[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

eurotrip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: tripresize.png (3MB, 1920x2898px) Image search: [Google]
tripresize.png
3MB, 1920x2898px
So me and my girlfriend have both done asia and north america and we're aiming now for europe in 2019 for 6 months.

Very early stages, but will just be buying a cheap and reliable $5grand car in the U.K and then driving destination to destination. Money isn't really an object, yes we could fly catch trains but I've done enough of that through asia and the states and want to do this one in the car. Done with check ins, being places at certain times etc.

Distance doesn't phase me, a 10 hour drive in Australia won't even get me to the next capital city let alone through 3 countries with week breaks inbetween.

So just wondering if anyone here as done this at all with this mode of transport? Any big stand out issues problems you faced outside of visas?

Basic map so far, obviously Czech will be thrown in there as well somehow and may drive down to Rome, Greek Islands etc. Anyone else have a map to post they've completed? Or any map that allows more than 10 dam points to be added at once be great as well.

Thoughts euros? What will be the biggest problems we will face?
>>
The capitals of Montenegro, Bosnia and Croatia are not that much worth it. The smaller towns are cooler. Go to Koto in Montenegro, Mostar in Bosnia and Dubrovnik and Split in Croatia. The island of Hvar and Korcula are really nice too
>>
I wouldn't bother with Podgorica, it's really not worth seeing. On the other hand, you should definitely travel through Italy and Greece.
Couple years ago I've done road trip through Scotland, I would really recommend adding it to your list.
For me personally eastern Europe is rather meh, but it depends on what are you expecting to see and do on your trip. If you want to see cool places, I would skip eastern Europe and add more western countries, but if you want to experience Europe as a whole, including its poorer parts, then go for it.
I would also add Lviv in Ukraine, Wroclaw and Krakow in Poland and Prague. And definitely drive along the coast of Croatia instead of Bosnia. Split and Dubrovnik are one of the most beautiful cities in Europe.

I've done 3 or 4 road trips through Europe so far and didn't encounter any major problems. If you insist on driving through Bosnia you should beware poor road conditions (the same goes for Ukraine and Russia), and keep in mind that corruption is still pretty common in poorer parts of Europe. We were also told that there are still many land mines left on Bosnia roads, so NEVER go out of your car and wander off, and avoid driving near the pavements in wilder parts of the country.
For me visiting Croatia was unforgettable experience (especially if you're avoiding motorways and drive along the coast, it's fantastic and breathtaking), while I found Montenegro less impressive, but it's still worth seeing, at least to form your own opinion. But really, Podgorica is not worth your time.
Also, as far as I can see you're missing most of the Alps, and they're really worth seeing.
If you have to choose between Zagreb and any other city in Croatia, choose that city, whatever it would be. I'm not saying Zagreb is not nice, it's an ok city with its own charm, but other parts of the country are much better.
>>
I'd skip the baltic part of your route. It's a really long way with nothing too interesting to see. Russia could be nice but imo it's not worth all the miles and visas (also a visa in belarus is needed). I'd rather go berlin - prague - wroclaw - krakow and to kiev.

Also add:
Odessa, ukraine
Tiraspol, moldova. Maybe skip chisinau
Meteora, greece. Also it's too close to Thessaloniki to not visit.
Ohrid, macedonia

Budapest and belgrade are a must! Easily the best cities in europe.

Also i would add a couple of coastal towns in the balkans like Kotor and Dubrovnik.
>>
>>1256254
The drive from Saint Petersburg to Istanbul will be absolute dreadful with nothing really to see. >>1256368 has good advice
>>
Do the balkan route, but change yours and cruise down the coast instead. Go to Slovenia (you will love it, Lake Bled, Jamnik, Skocjan caves), cross over from Ljubljana to Zagreb, spend a day or so in Zagreb, go down to Split, then to Makarska (pro tip, you will love it), then to Mostar in Bosnia. Then go from Mostar to Sarajevo because Sarajevo is awesome. Then go back the exact same route you came to Mostar because its one of the most scenic in the world.
From Mostar you go to Dubrovnik. Lots of tourists but worth it. Carry on into Montenegro and Kotor. Tbh you can skip other cities along the coast in Montenegro like Budva and Ulcinj unless you wanna party.
Then comes the best country, Albania. Check out Tirana for a day or so but the best places are Shkoder, Durrës, Berat, Himara (my fave), Saranda and Gjirokaster.
And then dont go into FYROM yet, go down from Albania to Kalambaka in Greece for Meteora. Google it, you will not regret going. From there you can go to Thessaloniki.
>>
>>1256442
Oh fuck lol thought it was 3 potential Eurotrips you wanted to do OP.
Anyway, just do what i posted but in reverse then.
>>
>>1256254
>First route
Maybe you could pass some days also in Bremen in Hamburg in Germany and Poznan in Poland. Plus, You should pass some days in Moscow and from there going to Kiev, rather than passing through Belarusian territory - which can be a pain in the ass.
>Second route
As other anons said, you should include Odessa and Croatian seacost and, instead finishing in Zagreb, do it in Ljubljana, Slovenia
>Third route
You won't want to stay too much time in Bratislava. Also, stay in Nice rather than Monaco. You can know it in a day trip from there. Consider staying in Marseille too (although /pol/ anons don't like it). They say Andorra is a good place only for buying stuff due to low taxes. Finally, you can stay either in Zaragoza or Valencia between Madrid and Barcelona.
>>
>dat retarded 2nd route

How the fuck did you manage to miss pretty much everything on that route, holy fuck, god damn?
>>
File: 24462.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
24462.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>1256254
>me and my girlfriend

stopped reading there
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.