[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Minnesota? Moving from FL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

Anybody here know a lot about living in Minnesota? I live in FL and I fucking HATE living here. I'm visiting in July and planning on moving there next year.
I'm a Pharmacy technician and I think I can transfer jobs and if I save up money it shouldn't be too difficult. Advice, stories, any experience?
>>
What's wrong with Florida? I'd live there if I could.

t. Minnesotan
>>
>>1256052
Wisconsinite here who has been to Minnesota so close enough. If you don't mind Siberian tier Upper Midwest winters, Minnesota is a pretty nice place to live.

Seeing as you hate Florida (assuming for the reasons I suspect you hate Florida), you'll probably like Minnesota.
>>
File: 1493169042822.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493169042822.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
>>1256055
>>1256056
Thanks for the advice.
FL is super hot, and incredibly uncomfortable. So imagine extreme heat and being instantly sweaty when you go outside, ALL THE TIME. There are no seasons, it's fucking uncomfortable hot or a little cold.
Bugs, bugs and bugs everywhere. You have to always check the ground for animals that can kill you, ex. gators and snakes. That shit is real too outside of gator farms I have seen live gator near my face about 5 times in my life.
People here are half and half (as I would assume everywhere is) but the horrible half is horrible fucking rednecks. I'm so sick of rednecks, I'm also so sick of them jamming their horrible views everywhere.
That bumper sticker joke, that shit is real. I kid you not this guy at our pawn store has this on his giant red ford truck on the back, it's spray painted with an eagle crying and the twin towers burning. And it says in these words "I learned everything about Islam on 9/11"
Fuck this Godless state I need to get out
>>
>>1256059
Minnesota would be good for you. Our seasons range from arctic tundra to tropical heat, and everything in between. Bugs and other wildlife are generally small and tame (except mosquitoes). And you don't see too many rednecks here, honestly.
>>
File: INTEGRITY.png (342KB, 638x478px) Image search: [Google]
INTEGRITY.png
342KB, 638x478px
>>1256076
Cool beans thanks for the info. I don't imagine the mosquitoes will be anything for me to fear there, our mosquitoes here are fucking ridiculous.
Because you know the swamps and stuff, They get as big as your thumb and bigger just like the rest of the bugs. Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>1256083
I've heard you guys have to avoid puddles because of fire ants. Is that seriously true?
>>
>>1256089
Ehhh some what. Fire ants can fuck you up around here.
One time I was mowing a neighbors yard and I felt a bit weird and I looked down turns out I stepped into a huge fire ant hill. Huge ants about as big as your nail (sorry I suck at measurements) I freaked out and grabbed a hose and got them off but they bit the shit out of me.
But yeah wild life out here is no joke you mess around and a gator can eat your pets no joke, or a cottonmouth can get up on you and bite you.
>>
>>1256055
It's hot as hell. It's been hot as hell for over a year, it's 2 years in a row the winters have regular highs in the 70s. Yellow flies are out in swarms already and they just hang out right outside your door waiting for you to step outside to attack. Mosquitoes are also out and Zika is back. I live in North Florida and it's basically South Georgia. It blows.
>>
>>1256098
I live in North FL too, oh yeah fuck those horse flies. I got bit by one as a kid, they hurt like hell. When I was a teenager I got skin poisoning because I went out to the pool for a few hours without sunscreen. One of the worst summers of my life, fuck this state
>>
>>1256102
Everyone thinks Florida is beaches and Disneyland, but unless you live in the coast or in a major city it's just a shit hole. I wonder if the state making most of its money off of tourism has anything to do with that.
>>
File: FL.jpg (54KB, 435x327px) Image search: [Google]
FL.jpg
54KB, 435x327px
>>1256106
YEP
>>
File: 1494346900406.jpg (34KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494346900406.jpg
34KB, 480x720px
>>1256059

The Twin Cities will keep you away from far right babydick territory. More than a few Nazis have been punched in Minneapolis. Huge Bernie hotbed during the election. BLM has a very active chapter, and every nice neighborhood is dotted with All Are Welcome/Blessed Ramadan signs. Amazing food and kind Somali community too.

Many are Uber drivers. We don't take too kind to shitfucks who beat up our Muslim friends.

The Putin loving nationalist pantshitters are all up north or out in the reddest parts of southern MN. Even most of the Christian idiots in the suburbs hate Trump with a vengeance and overwhelming supported Rubio. Duluth has an ugly racist underbelly,but it's getting better as it goes less white.

We are a progressive state at heart and open racists will be run out of civilized places on rails.
>>
How bad are the roads in the winter? And just snow/ice in general? Living in Florida I've never had to deal with that shit before.
>>
File: 54762743.jpg (63KB, 336x265px) Image search: [Google]
54762743.jpg
63KB, 336x265px
Minneapolis bro here. Tempted to give you the, "fuck off, we're full" thing, but I'll oblige.

Obviously the winters are rough. Snowstorms and icy roads can cause real havoc when driving. And in the summer there’s road construction everywhere. Traffic is pretty rough year-round. The summers also bring a lot of rain and humidity. But, I’m sure it’ll be nothing compared to what you’re used to.

Minnesota has great nature. All the lakes and the north country are amazing. More parks and trails than just about anywhere. Even the cities are among the most bikeable in the U.S. (along with Portland, OR.) Green and blue everywhere. Feels good, man.

It’s a clean, healthy with educated with good cost of living. The music and arts scenes both score high as well and the economy is relatively good. You shouldn’t have trouble finding a job at all.

Taxes are high because our welfare is too generous, which attracts a ton of rif-raff from South Chicago, who relocate to North Minneapolis to take advantage. Even though bars/clubs close at two, there’s always fun things to do, especially if you know where to look. Lots of Somalians and Hmong. People tend to be polite, but stay in their close-knit circle of friends. It’s not impossible to make friends, but more difficult than other places. But not as bad as Seattle. The state is liberal to the point of madness, especially Minneapolis. This coming from a lifelong Democrat (leaning moderate).

Of course I'm biased because it's my hometown, but I've been to 46/50 states and I honestly think The Twin Cities is one of the best places to live in the country. If you have any specific questions, I’m happy to help.
>>
>>1256106
You sound boring.

I live in Tallahassee, last weekend I went to Blue Springs in Jackson county and to St. George Island. Jacksonville and St. Augustine and all that stuff are close enough for me for a day trip. Tons of outdoor stuff to do off of I-75 near Gainesville. Untouched wilderness along the Forgotton Coast that's great for boating and biking. World class beaches along the Emerald Coast from St. George to Pensacola.

That's just North Florida, I've started going on day trips to Georgia state parks outside of Columbus in the big hills up there. And of course in Central and South Florida there's countless other things to do, and I'm not a theme park or clubbing guy at all.

Drive more than an hour away from home to do stuff. Buy a kayak and a bike of craigslist. Go outside, put on sunscreen, a hat, and bug spray and bring water.
>>
>>1256291
This guy nailed it.
I would expand on all the people from Chicago who were probably originally from Gary; dont know why they cant just go to Milwaukee.

The Hmong people are tolerable but the old ones spit all the time. The Somalis are entitled as fuck they literally had the balls to say we need to give $$ to their community to prevent them from joining ISIS. Where the fuck is my $$.

Other than that shit MN is nice. Visit in late August and check out the State Fair and the Renaissance Festival. You could also go up to Duluth while it is relatively warm.

t. Guy in St. Paul
>>
File: 1456493441602.png (388KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1456493441602.png
388KB, 576x1024px
>>1256154
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.