[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

rednecks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

I am going to the USA next week and I will stay in Atlanta for 10 days
I am a photographer and I am looking for the places that can be described as redneck towns.
I would like to make the photos that will convey the spirit of the South.

any advices on where should I go?
>>
>>1255988
atl is mainly the hood anon. if you want rednecks go north
>>
>>1255991
I got it, Atl is nigger-majority,
but where exactly should I go?
>>
>>1255993
Try hell anon
Kys
>>
>>1255988
Zero doubt in my mind, go see Wildman's Civil War Surplus while he's still alive. He used to be in deep with all sorts of Confederate reenactors, Klan type, mid-1990s militias. He'll sell you a box of xeroxed extremist newspapers and magazines which are honestly funny, and has a little museum of his Klan paraphernalia.

North of ATL, where Wildman is, is Kennesaw, a weird place stuck between big city and redneck. By law (not in practice), everyone is required to own a gun there. Wildman makes most of his money selling t-shirts saying It's the Law in Kennesaw! Right near there is the Kennesaw National Battlefield, and you can see Stone Mountain from the top, basically Confederate Mount Rushmore.

Also it might be worth contacting Chris Hill of Georgia Security Force if you're in town and an actual photographer. He's a militia dude who takes his 30-50 recruits to Confederate rallies and separates Antifa from the Klan, keeping peace where cops cant.

>tfw grew up here
>tfw live in Britbongistan now

I want to go back
>>
>>1256007
Almost forgot, a stone's throw from Kennesaw and Wildman's shop is Sweetwater Creek State Park. It's a short walk from the lot to the river, where there's the ruins of a beautiful mill that was destroyed in Sherman's March to the Sea, where a Yankee general and his soldiers burned down Atlanta and everything between them and the coast, finally saving Savannah and giving it as a gift to Lincoln.

These ruins are pretty cool if you want history. A lot of redneck southerners are still upset about this history, it's the feds basically deciding it was okay to do a scorched-earth campaign against thousands of civilians
>>
>>1256007
>>1256009
Wow, finally some useful information

thank you, anon
>>
>>1256007
I swear, you southern boys make me feel nice and safe from these leftest nuts jobs. Rednecks are no joke in regards to guns.
>>
>>1255988
have fun finding the 30 people in a remote town that fit the stereotype you are looking for

I also have plenty of advice

>>1256007
>>1256009
>grew up there
>helping this guy

please stay in england, ass
>>
>>1256117

if you have any particular place to recommend me to visit, that would be nice
>>
>>1256132
Literally just drive down 75 you fucking retard, go through random towns, don't be suprised when it's not what you thought it is
>>
>>1255988

I hope you plan on taking photos of landscapes and not people. If you start taking pictures of rednecks and they see you doing it, good luck not getting your ass kicked.
>>
Tennessee:
>Nashville
country music
>Chattanooga
generic redneck town. not far from atlanta
>Gatlinburg
Dollywood and lots of cowboy hats/boots. kinda mainstream though.
>Memphis
That giant Pyramid is a fucking Cabela's

Georgia:
>Macon
generic redneck town; "heart of Georgia"
>Atlanta outskirts
Atlanta is the capital of BLM, Black Panthers, etc. Too many niggers but the outskirts of Atlanta are very very redneck like Acworth.
>White
hosts the Annual Northern Georgia Redneck Games

Kentucky:
>Sparta
where the Kentucky Speedway is
>Louisville
Kentucky derby
>Bowling Green
generic redneck town

Alabama:
>Dothan
high # of gun stores and Walmarts
>Huntsville

Florida:
>Pensacola
>Tallahassee
>Everglades

Louisiana:
>Monroe
Duck Dynasty
>pretty much anywhere besides New Orleans and Baton Rouge

Mississippi:
>all of it 2bh, even the Delta if you believe blacks can be rednecks

Texas:
>Bandera
everyone wears a cowboy hat and has that gait.
>pretty much everything besides major cities, especially Austin

Arkansas:
>everything except W. Memphis and Little Rock

Missouri:
>everything south of the Missouri River
>not St. Louis

South Carolina:
Coastline is more "gentleman South" and the rest is niggers so maybe the extreme north

North Carolina:
North Carolina is hard because there's a lot of yanks who live there now and it's more Hillbilly than Redneck. I'd stay away from Asheville, the Outer Banks, any college town, Raleigh, Charlotte....

Virginia:
stay away from The People's Republic of NOVA, Hampton Roads, Richmond. The Appalachia part is more Hillbilly than Redneck so it's kinda hard.

Maryland:
Cecil county, and the Western Panhandle

Oklahoma:
Pretty much everywhere except the native reservations

West Virginia:
there are a lot of hillbillies but also trashy rednecks who do meth so make sure you differentiate the two.
>>
>>1256337
Yeah this is pretty much accurate but there is no way in fucking hell he is driving to Louisiana, Texas, and Oklahoma, that's like a 10 hour+ drive just to Nola
>>
>>1255988
Pickens county and also pickens county SC
>>
>>1256288
You seem hurt on the inside I'm so sorry you feel this way.
>>
>>1255988
Go to Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi, Carolinas, or alabama for rednecks
>>
>>1256371
Why? Because I'm telling him the most obvious and easy thing to do.

Like how the fuck do you get to the smaller towns in England? You take the interstate or whatever out of the fuckin city, like it's not fucking rocket science
>>
>>1256438
>>1256288
>>1256117
There's no reason to be a dick, he was asking a legitimate question
>>
>>1256337
>Arkansas
>Everything except West Memphis and Little Rock

Have you never been to Fayetteville? It's not redneck at all. Lots of transplants, granola folks. Corporation money.

Otherwise you're right though.
>>
Adamsville suburb in ATL is old southern charm.
>>
Also if OP wants to see some interesting contrast and just general cultural areas, I know a lot more about Georgia

>Peachtree City
My hometown, should be southern but isn't. It's a high end community with the northerners who moved in and set up new roads, and everyone owns a golf cart and is super patriotic. Weird place for the south
>Senoia
A new rising star in the south. Producers are moving out of Hollywood because of California's crazy taxes and regulations, and opening shop here. Norman Reedus even owns a zombie themed cafe and there's walking dead tours all the time. I promise, the city center was just as comfy before the movie scene as it is now.
>Anywhere near Springer Mountain, also Helen
Springer is the start of the Appalachian Trail, and hikers go cross country from GA to Maine on it if they're hard as fuck. You'll meet great people if you put in time, maaaybe (no promises) trail magic! And Helen is up close to there, and is German themed, all buildings have a German design but the shops sell super country stuff like Bowie knives, rebel pride shirts and dip. Such a weird contrast
>Andersonville prison
One of the saddest moments for the south. A CSA general ran this prison camp for Northerners and they died in huge numbers. There's a spring still there, where they were praying for water. Lightning struck the ground and water came up, a miracle that saved hundreds. It's also near Jimmy Carter's hometown, where you see the iconic Carter peanut statue and possibly hear one of his speeches at the Baptist church on the weekend. He won't be around much longer.

>VISIT GEORGIA PLEES
>>
>>1256874
thanks
I've included Senoia to my route
>>
>>1255988
Go to Macon. About 90 miles south of Atlanta and lots of southern music history there. Go visit the Allman's graves - that will convey the spirit of the South.
>>
File: Bateman.jpg (33KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
Bateman.jpg
33KB, 500x385px
>>1255988
Check out Atlanta Zone 6 based Euro bro. Alot of beautiful Southern culture there. Are you from Sweden by any chance, you'll love it even more...
>>
>>1255988
The niggers in Atlanta are friendlier and more intelligent than the Appalachian rednecks to the north. Even the homeless Atlanta niggers are friendly. They'll chat you up for a good 5 minutes before asking you for money
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.