[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got nothing going on so I guess I'm going to drive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1426683376708.png (1MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1426683376708.png
1MB, 1280x960px
I've got nothing going on so I guess I'm going to drive across the US. Feels sorta gay, juvenile 'finding yourself' kinda trip. I don't know man I'm thinking route 6

Any of you guys do this before? Any advice? Living out of a car for like, a month shouldn't be too tough right?
>>
>>1255392
>finding yourself
This concept gets ridiculed endlessly on /trv/, but why?

What is juvenile or wrong about this?
>>
>>1255417
It's really juvenile m8
>>
>>1255418
Can you explain why?
>>
I lived out of my car and traveled the country for 2 years. Its called being homeless while owning a car. You won't be able to see the whole country in a month. Route 6 takes you from one side to the other but you miss alot of the country and basically all of the south.
>>
>>1255467
This is less of a vagabond trip and more just trying to see how I can do it in a more condensed amount of time. I do want to see the south west and Colorado though so I might need a different route. My dad took me out there when I was really little and I've wanted to go back ever since. Might as well do it now I'm fucking bored.
>>
>>1255417
>>1255417
Well for one the self is not a consistent object for finding, for two you wont learn anything from traveling. An experience provides you with nothing. Also living a literal cliche sincerely is like a waking hell, better to do a trip like this with a shred of self-awareness and detachment than acting like some whimsical faggot.

pro-tip, Kerouac wasn't cool, and neither are you
>>
File: C6fGYaAWgAAjBFB.jpg (194KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C6fGYaAWgAAjBFB.jpg
194KB, 900x1200px
>>1255473
>Kerouac wasn't cool
then who was? what does it mean to be cool?
>>1255392
if you are going to do it, go all the way man. don't be some kid larping as a vagabond, you need to full on take baths under bridges, fight stray cats for lunch, and sell yourself to truckers in rest stop bathrooms for gas money. don't document any of it either, or tell anybody about it, that shit is for art school pussies. if you have what it takes, i'll see you on the other side.

- scragbuster, out
>>
>>1255489
Yeah see this is the gay shit I'm talking about, just staying quiet about actively trying to be 'authentic' doesn't make you any less of an insincere retard.
>>
>>1255473
Yeah if Kerouac wasn't cool, then who was?
>>
>>1255473
>experience provides you with nothing
This surely has to be the most retarded thing I've seen on this board.

All we are is a sum of our genetics and our experiences.

We are who we are today because of those two things. Our genetics, and our experiences/environment.

Why is the idea of removing oneself from ones comfort bubble, and putting oneself in a foreign environment and seeing how one adapts and survives, and hopefully thrives, one that is insulted so often on this board?

I still don't get it.
>>
>>1255492
so you wanna be an art school pussy?

fine by me kid, just don't tell the real deals hanging out on the trains when you hopem

- sragbuster, out
>>
>>1255392
don't bother going through most of the midwest, its boring as fuck both to look at and drive through. montana is beautiful but you have to drive through a lot of shit states to get there if you aren't coming from the west.

where are you starting out anyways OP?
>>
I suggested listening to self help stuff while you're driving. You will.spend a lot of time in a driving position, make sure exercise. Stay in a few places long enough to enjoy the environment and people.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.