[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good cities or locales to visit in Europe where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Europe_location.png (553KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Europe_location.png
553KB, 1200x900px
What are some good cities or locales to visit in Europe where there is stuff to do, good food, but isn't overrun with tourists in Summer?

Not Britain, as I'm from there.
>>
>>1255288

Berlin? Very cool city but nowhere near as touristy as other western European capitals in the summer time
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 104x139px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 104x139px
>>1255296
>Berlin
What the fuck are you on?
>>
>>1255288
I'm gonna name a few

ski towns in Austria and Switzerland are usually completely dead in June and part of July

Any part outside of prague and Cesky krumlov are beautiful and usually tourist free or very few tourists, only problem is you kind of have to have someone from there to help you around

Most places in Eastern Europe besides Croatia, and Greece don't have a lot of tourists, Slovenia is a personal favorite of mine, I also enjoy Romania as good 5 star resorts are very cheap and high quality

Avoid any major city and you won't see tourists, talk with the locals and see where they recommend
>>
>>1255296
i'm told Berlin is like London in that it's big and you run the risk of not finding anything really good unless you're with someone who knows it well. i'm interested in berlin though, for the electronic music scene

>>1255304
i'm a big skiier but never been to the resorts in summer, probably not great for my party as we're not hikers or anything but I will look what else there is to do.

Slovenia looks very interesting, the capital looks beautiful! I will suggest it to my friends. Thanks!
>>
I visited Stockholm in May a few years ago and it was a beautiful city with lots of friendly locals and nice weather with incredibly long days. I would highly recommend it. The city itself is nice, lots of ferries and things to reach nearby islands if you want to get out and see some nature, those people take their fika seriously so all the coffee and pastries are excellent. I didn't see anywhere near the number of tourists you see in the major tourists destinations, either. And despite the memes, it wasn't full of refugees either.
>>
>>1255288
Bilbao, Donosti and Santiago
Gdansk, Warsaw and Krakow (more touristy but not yet overrun)
Hamburg
Aarhus
>>
>>1255356
>good food
On a second thought, scratch the last two
>>
>>1255288
Slovenia, Bosnia, Northern Portugal and northern Spain
>>
>>1255331
How many days were you in Stockholm?
>>
>>1256142
I think it was like 6 days. I stayed in Gärdet which was a nice quiet residential area with not much to see but good access to mass transit (Stockholm's subway system is excellent by the way). I did a day trip to Drottningholm which was alright and another day trip to Grinda which is beautiful. Drottningholm is full of Japanese tourists, Grinda is full of Swedish tourists.
>>
google "slovenia vlog" and youll see what to expect if you come here
>>
>>1255288
Oslo
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.