[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Milford Track is FULLY booked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Milford-Sound-NZ.jpg (2MB, 4217x2519px) Image search: [Google]
Milford-Sound-NZ.jpg
2MB, 4217x2519px
from 11/11 to 16/03.
Jesus fuck /trv/, I'd thought booking 6 months in advance would be sufficient. What do I do now?

Is it still possible to get my hands on tickets via "2nd hand" of some sort? My schedule is fairly flexible (between mid dec. to mid feb.), and I want to get to that hike so so bad.

Many thanks in advance.
>>
Plenty of other Great Walks in the area. I've never heard anyone say that Milford is the best. Routeburn and Kepler are nearby, plus trails like Greenstone/Caples with no regulations.
But fuck the landgrabbing DOC, anyway. Nazis with a serious siege mentality and no desire to improve their public image.
>>
You could do the Dusky Track instead. It's similar to the Milford Track but no way near as popular.

http://www.southernalpsphotography.com/Tramping/Fiordland/Dusky-Track-2015/
>>
>>1254281
Bookings for next season opened on the 17th at 9am and pretty much all the holiday periods were booked out by 9pm that night. Such high demand is normal for the Milford. I didn't bother booking this year because I want to do it last to finish off the Great Walks (the privilege of being a local I guess).

The Kepler was specifically built to take some of the demand off the Milford, it has comparable scenery and gets less rain. You might consider that instead. The Routeburn is great too, just a bit shorter (I did it a month ago).

If you're not familiar with tramping (hiking) in NZ then I would not recommend the non-Great Walks in Fiordland as they're more dangerous.

>>1254302
DOC have had their funding slashed for the past 8 years under the National government. They make a loss on the Great Walks as it is (hence the recent price increase). How are they supposed to improve services when they're already struggling financially?
>>
>>1254281
No there aren't ticket resellers. You can do it via a private guiding company and their prices are so steep (~NZ$2000) that they usually have places available. You get to stay in private catered lodges and stuff. That's the only way you'll get a spot probably but I think you're better off doing a different Great Walk.
>>
Milford Sound is so overrated if you live close to Norway.
>>
>>1254524
I doubt it. Have you been there?
>>
>>1254524
Are Norway's fiords filled with rain-forest too?
>>
File: fuckoffwerefull.jpg (77KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
fuckoffwerefull.jpg
77KB, 720x720px
>>1254281
>>
>>1254302
Lynch yourself you antienvironmentalist retard
We should be expanding our national parks and increasing conservation funding, not the opposite
Most of our native birds are threatened of extinction
>>
Sorry to piss you off OP but I'm one of those who booked it. I will be starting January 21st. I'm at the moment debating which of the other walks in the area I should do before. I think the Routeburn looks better than the Kepler track so I'll go with that.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.