[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it to common get scammed/pickpockted while travelling?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: pick pocket.jpg (91KB, 350x223px) Image search: [Google]
pick pocket.jpg
91KB, 350x223px
Is it to common get scammed/pickpockted while travelling?
>>
Depends on where you're going
>>
>>1252970
How much do you get pickpocketed every day? Usually about that much, but can depend entirely where you are going and how much of tourist you act like. Going to spain or india? Don't let the locals touch you or take out money in a crowd.
>>
>>1252977
>>1252981
Planning a Euro trip

People keep saying to be extremely cautious
>>
>>1252990
I lived in Europe for a year and spent a lot of that time backpacking, frequently sleeping rough. I was never once the victim of a crime.
>>
Lived in India for a year and a half and have spent a fair amount of time in Latin America and the Middle-East. Also hitchhiked across Europe to Istanbul in 2014.

Haven't been pickpocketed yet. I always keep my valuables out a wallet deep in my pockets. In Ecuador now and I have my big bills in a zip-up pocket inside my jacket and smaller change in my jeans.

Never been scammed in a big way, but if you don't know local prices, it's almost impossible to not get overcharged on transportation and other purchases for which haggling is expected.

I'm friends/acquainted with a lot of scammers in Delhi, so knowing their tricks has helped me get by in a lot of other places.
>>
>>1252970
in europe you most likely get scammed by taxi or money exchange
>>
>>1252970
In a big city it can be, it's not hard to avoid, though. Keep things in your front pockets, if you have a jacket with pockets that have zippers or inside pockets then keep things in that. Be conscious in large crowds, if random people come up to you with clipboards or flowers or whatever just tell them no thanks and keep walking. Especially don't keep anything valuable in your back pockets.
>>
>>1252970
Travelled around 4 continents and it never happened to me.
>>
>>1253060
>Europe is one continent
In some countries a taxi driver might try to scam you but in most no. And money exchange? Wtf? You're confusing Europe with some third world continent.
>>
>>1253064
>Especially don't keep anything valuable in your back pockets.
This basically ends 90% of pickpocketing comes from idiots putting shit in their back pockets and not being aware of their surroundings. Putting things in your front pockets makes it so much harder to lose track of things.
>>
>putting important shit in your back pocket

This is the stupidest thing regardless if you are traveling or not. You are literally putting you most important things in your biggest blind spot.
>>
>>1252995
hes a wiseman here, if youre not stupid about it and don't leave your iphone out your backpocket protruding out of your fat arse then you wont get fucked. Keep that shit in your jacket pockets inside, or deep tight pockets. be fuckin smart bout it and you'll be fine.
>>
>>1253085
In Poland and Hungary about half of money exchange booths are scam with ripoff rates.
>>
>>1252970
only if you're this fucking guy walking through Europe.

But Barcelona is really bad. You should always have your guard up while travelling and in general. People suck Anon but unless you're this guy you generally won't be a target in most tourist areas. .
>>
File: fannypacktourist.jpg (31KB, 238x333px) Image search: [Google]
fannypacktourist.jpg
31KB, 238x333px
>>1253331
of course i forgot picture
>>
File: 5474.jpg (54KB, 470x604px) Image search: [Google]
5474.jpg
54KB, 470x604px
>>1252970
the more tourists pouring into the country the more lucrative it is for scammers. Watch out for the following common pickup lines

"HEY MY FRIEND, WHERE ARE YOU FROM?"

"what are you looking for? girls? drugs?"

"just have a look"
>>
>>1253406
>MY FRIEND
As a rule of thumb anybody who says this should be treated as a scam. It should be in a sticky
>>
>>1253409
>As a rule of thumb anybody
true story
>>
>>1252970
>>1252990
If you're going to Europe, and you're a young male who isn't wearing socks with sandals and a camera over his neck, you'll be fine.
>>
>>1252990
Europe where? There's a huge difference. Anyway pickpocketers aren't exactly evil masterminds, they go for the easy targets. As long as you don't look like a lost tourist and keep your wallet in an inside pocket, keep your guard high when in a crowd and fend off guys like this >>1253406
>>
>>1252970
I was pickpocked twice, in Moscow and in Barcelona. And I'm from Brazil and it never happened this here -and I've been several times in Rio
>>
>>1253412
this is grammatically accurate.
>>
>>1252970
>Anyway pickpocketers aren't exactly evil masterminds

There are some amazingly elaborate scams out there.
>>
>>1252990
If you're going anywhere, keep a small padlock on your bag (almost got my bag pickpocketed whilst walking down las ramblas in Barcelona, luckily I had the lock), and avoid parks at night, especially in Germany. Paki scumbags WILL target you.
>>
How can people put anything in the back pocket to begin with? Won't you destroy your mobile phone whenever you sit down on it?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.