[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kosovo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: inb4 Serbia and pol.png (36KB, 1280x914px) Image search: [Google]
inb4 Serbia and pol.png
36KB, 1280x914px
>inb4 Kosovo je Srbija

I see threads on all sorts of weird countries here, but I can't remember ever seeing Kosovo. Even out of the Balkans threads it's hardly mentioned.

I was planning on going to Pristina in February next year, for their 10th anniversary. Any recommendations, especially for a guy interested in politics and hearing both sides of the story?

I already have a short list: Bill Clinton Blvd., the Orthodox church in the middle of the city, National Library and Newborn Monument, and then a rural road trip to see some ruined churches. Anything I really should check out if I have a few days?
>>
Here's the interesting parts of Kosovo:

Pristina
Peć
Prizren
Drenica Valley
>>
>>1252296

I went through there briefly a few years ago, I didn't get to see a whole lot though because boarders got closed temporarily just before i got in so I had to wait a few days till they reopened

Gadime has a very awesome collection of caves, I'm a geologist so I though they were amazing, the tour was pretty good too and it didn't cost too much.

If your going in February there is also a ski resort, I didn't go to it because it was summer when I was there but someone told me that it was not bad.

The fortress at Prizren & world heritage sites are also worth a look at too.

>Even out of the Balkans threads it's hardly mentioned.

To be frank, its not a very interesting or important country with few draws in comparison to its surrounding countries.

Its also not a very proud part of Europe and something people likely want to forget (due to things like drug smuggling, Islamic extremism, rampant govt sponsored organised crime & previous tendencies for conflict and human rights abuses).

>and hearing both sides of the story

Don't expect this, most of the people against Kosovo have long moved to Serbia and you are likely to upset/anger people if you start bringing up anti-kosovo rhetoric.
>>
File: nintchdbpict000236179760.jpg (120KB, 960x666px) Image search: [Google]
nintchdbpict000236179760.jpg
120KB, 960x666px
>>1252296
Don't go there in February. It's going to be cold, depressed and dirty. Days short and activities sparse.
>>
>>1252347
Don't plan on bringing up anti-Kosovo views, but I was hoping to drive to the northern part to see some villages. I just talk and listen.

You're a geologist? That's cool, I'm a rock hound myself! Nothing here in my part of the U.K. but flint and shells, any good fossicking places in Kosovo?

>a question this niche
>>
>>1252296
I recommend Prizren.
Just for info: Currency is EURO
>>
>>1252296
the thing i remember the most is to stay on ways. i was there around 10 years ago and we were told several times not to go outside to the surrounding mountains because of landmines. i was in the prizren area in the south. so if you are interested in geology and want to visit certain points in the countryside, make sure to check with locals first if it is okay to go there
>>
>>1254048
If anyone is interesting in hiking in mountains in the region, they should probably check out the Peaks of the Balkans. I'm considering going and those areas are free from mines
>>
>>1252296

Don't spend more time than necessary in Pristina. One day is enough to see the "sights"; there are hardly any.
>>
>>1252296
It's nice because it's cheap. But that's about it. I spent a month exploring the Balkans last summer and Kosovo was the only country I didn't enjoy.
>>
>>1255277

>Kosovo was the only country I didn't enjoy.

How come?
>>
i was in kosovo for 6 months on KFOR duty.
the place is a literral dump. every time we went out on patrol we were completely appaled by the amounts of garbage in the middle of towns and cities.

now as for places to recommend. the restaurants are good on average. eat the skanderbeg steak ( rolled up schnitzel with herbs in the middle). go to rugova or generally any border which is 1500+ sea level, population starts to decline and you see way more untouched nature.
never ever look at any river because thats where all the garbage washes up
>>
Come to Prizren in exactly a month. 6-7th of July is when Dokufest starts and the place is lit as fuck. You will really enjoy it.
>>
>>1257559

I live in Prizren so I can answer if you have any questions regarding Kosovo.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.