[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

London

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2823.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2823.png
2MB, 1334x750px
I'll get to the point. I'm fairly young and don't know much about international travel. I want to move to London as an adult. Any advice/tips or general knowledge appreciatated.
>>
>>1252210
London is for ultra poor from Third World and for ultra rich from 0.01%.
Are you from one of these groups? If not, London isn't a good choice.
>>
>>1252212
>le city of contraddictionss XD XD
>>
Don't. Its an expensive crowded shithole full of blacks and Muslims
>>
>>1252227
Go back to /pol/ piece of shit
>>
File: 20120713_134021.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20120713_134021.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>1252210
It's expensive to rent anything, travel is also expensive. It's crowded, there are a few nice things to visit, like the free museums, the London Tower etc.
>>
>>1252230

Mate, I live 20 minutes from London, if you wish to prove me wrong go right ahead.
>>
Better to ask some more specific questions
>>
Get a degree, because you won't have a chance of immigrating there without one.
>>
>>1252515
I have Masters Degree in International Relations and Bachelor Degree in Journalism and Social Communication.
I am 35 and work as an office assistant 23k in London.

Where is your God now ?
>>
>>1252582
>spent 4 years on a useless degree
>dead end minimum wage job
>in London

My God's clearly dishing out justice thank you
>>
>>1252582
>23k in london
>where is your god now

I don't know mate, but he certainly isn't looking out for you
>>
>>1252582
good bait
>>
>>1252875
>>1252909
>>1252910
It's real I am not baiting.
>>
>>1252230
Go back to plebbit, loser
>>
>>1252582
23k at 35 in London is really poxy
>>
>>1252210
Think about what you want to do with your free time . It'll dictate where you live which will likely be an outer borough.
It's really expensive for train travel here too.

It literally is filled with blacks and Muslims. I'm not saying that's good or bad.

Consider south east London. Or bromley. Good rail connections and not hard to get out to kent or the seaside.
>>
>>1252582
teach me.

i earn....more, yet it doesn't feel like enough. well, not enough to support my hobbies (aka travel) fully.
>>
does anyone know of a place where i can safely store my luggage for a month while i backpack around? i just spent a year in japan and want to see people and places in London but i have stuff from japan i'm bringing home and don't want the luggage to fuck up my trip.
>>
File: 1493854346945.jpg (31KB, 582x569px) Image search: [Google]
1493854346945.jpg
31KB, 582x569px
>>1252230
Fuck off you ignorant twat. I fucking hate faggots like you who pretend these fucking african migrants dont effect traveling experience.

Kill yourself.
>>
If you want to live comfortably in London you need to be earning about £80k and even then you'll be flat sharing and renting, a fairly small flat. The question is why? It's full of knife attacks and people who hate you.

The anon who wrote about Muslims and blacks wasn't wrong. Driving is atrocious because every third worlder thinks it makes them more of a man to overtake you in a dangerous manoeuvre in their shitty old BMW 3 series or Audi A4. A constant police presence because of the threat of Muslim terrorism. Break-ins, muggings, hit & runs all commonplace. Forget getting a seat on public transport or actually getting anywhere quickly, especially on a weekend.

If you're a banker or hedge fund manager and can get a nice place in Holland Park/Chelsea/Mayfair, go for it. Otherwise there are better options.
>>
Just your average day in London

https://youtu.be/f5rKjJR7O9k
>>
meh I quite like it. Lived here 2 yrs and am earning all right in my sales job with little prior experience and no degree. Share a flat with one person. People are pretty cool by and large. Things generally work. Plenty of non white girls to fuck (the white ones will make you hate your own race).
>>
>>1252212
Literally this.
We have other great cities here anyways.
>>
>>1252230
t. Black Muslim Londoner
Also that statement is true and he didn't say it was a shit hole because of them technically.
>>
>>1252582
Live in the North East if you're making so little. My parents earn 8 times that (before tax) and we still could never have afforded to live in London.
>>
>>1254416
Just a standard storage garage mate.
>>
>>1252210
You don't want to move to London.
>>
Sorry if this is a bit out of place, but I see there's a lot of anons here who live in London and I don't want to create a thread for myself.

I'll be traveling there next month and I looked up all the famous tourist attractions and things, but I was wondering if I wasn't missing something. Is there anything you guys would recommend that wasn't in that very crowded tourist circuit? Like some nice places to eat or things to do that aren't necessarily Buckingham Palace.
>>
>>1255984

Try and catch a play at the Globe Theatre. I know it's not what you wanted but a nice tourist day is starting at St Paul's, walking up to the Tower of London, cross Tower Bridge and then walk down the South Bank, passing Borough Market, the Golden Hind, Globe, Tate Modern, all the way to Westminster. Then cross Westminster Bridge, see Parliament, walk down Whitehall, past Downing St, past Horseguards Parade, Trafalgar Sq, Leicester Sq, Piccadilly.

Look it up on Google maps, hopefully it makes sense.
>>
Where is a nice place in the UK to move to? (few blacks, mudslimes, etc)
>>
File: Cotswolds-village-xlarge.jpg (200KB, 1280x847px) Image search: [Google]
Cotswolds-village-xlarge.jpg
200KB, 1280x847px
>>1255994

The Cotswolds
>>
>>1255995
that looks damn comfy
>>
>>1255896
Do we? They may be cheaper to live in but have far, far less to do and see.
>>
>>1255994
can give the west end of glasgow my seal of approval, when I'm on the underground I rarely see more than a couple non-whites in the carriage
>>
>>1255989
Thank you, it's nice to be able to get a route like that and I'll look up tickets for the globe theatre. If you have any more recommendations like those I'd love to hear them.
>>
I moved to London four months ago, so I'll share some of my insights. First, I can't imagine why anyone who wants to have a family would want to live here. The property prices really are terrible here, second most expensive city in the world (after Monaco, I looked it up at work today while I was bored). I earn £30k, and I'm still living in what's pretty much student accommodation. You'd have to be earning at least £50k before you can afford a nice place of your own. If you have a girlfriend who's also working then you can pool your salaries and afford an average place, but even still, I think it's much worse than you'd get in other cities. I personally think it would be a very depressing place to grow up as a kid. Not /pol/ but every time I see a school trip it's 80% non-white and these schools also have bad reputation - I'd probably pay to send my kids to private school if I lived here, even though I'd never do that in any other part of the country.

In terms of whether or not the city itself is enjoyable, it really depends on what you like. It's true that it's got just about every sort of restaurant you can think of, that it's a very happening and vibrant place, that it's teeming with culture and history, etc. I enjoy going to the museums, which are mostly free. It has lots of green space for a mega-city too. That said, it's also very expensive in terms of going out for food and drinks, or for travelling around on the underground, and these costs quickly add up. I wish I was nearer a genuine rural area, as I'm not a city person at all. Just depends on what you like.
>>
>>1255984
Get a Boris Bike (Santander cycle) and peddle along the canals in Little Venice. You can get to Camden along the canals and walk around. Borough Market is open mon-sat and has excellent food from all over. From there you can catch a Thames Clipper to Canary Wharf and check out the Japanese Garden in Crossrail place.
>>
>>1257030
Oh gosh, this sounds lovely, I'll pen it in right away, thank you.
>>
I live in London and love it. Rent's a bitch though. I live with my girlfriend, making it much more affordable, and it still fucks me off how much I spend. Don't know how single people afford it without help from parents.
>>
>>1252210
HOW young?
>>
>>1255620
what are better options? I want to get out of London
>>
>>1255995
shame there's no one under 50 and sweet fuck all to do
>>
>>1254160
>i earn....more, yet it doesn't feel like enough. well, not enough to support my hobbies (aka travel) fully.
There is a time when a city because too expensive and doesn't match the salary you can get in said city. If your country is highly desirable for immigrants, this is where people also are willing to worse for less, much less. They're interested in saving 30% of their income, just feeding themselves and getting out of their third world shithole.
Right now, I'd say this is London. And Brexit looks to further diminish the city's healthy economy it for the short time being.
If you are going to work hard and live frugally in an expensive city, you should be dual income family, or at least one person needs double the salary of the average joe. Then, you should be an owner, so your high rent actually nets you an investment when you sell to get out one day. The alternative is paying your dues in a kind of intern type career path, where you can look forward to decent salary after you put in some years to get some experience. Then, it'd be all worth it.
If that's not you, forget it. It's going to be a dog eat dog, paycheck to paycheck, kind of lifestyle where you never get ahead. And, this is also a who you know kind of economy, a type of nepotism that might be hard for you to break into.
>>
Not OP, but in a out 18 months I'm looking to moving to England for about a year or so while my gf attends Oxford. It's hardly a set in stone thing yet but I'm very much looking towards it. I'm Australian and found out I'm eligible for an ancestry Visa, so does anyone know anything much about the Oxford area?

I see there are frequent trains to London so would London be a viable option to find some work while there?
>>
>>1252210
Make sure you don't get blown up or ran over or shanked or raped
>>
>>1252210
I know a lot of people have said it already but really, don't go to London. It's overpriced, you pay a lot for poor quality of life, everything is marked up more 'just cause', a very small minority get to live in luxury while the majority suffer. Many Londoners are rude, unpleasant, either cowardly or brutish and very pretentious. The sighs are good, for about a week, after that they get old fast. Venues and clubs are decent but very similar ones can be found in other cities (Bristol, Glasgow and Manchester have better clubs anyway)

I used to have a huge desire to move to London, but I realised most of those romantic images were drawn from the past, not the current day. I lived there for 6 months and I can't think of a huge amount of positive. The tube is good, but buses are awful. Crime is high, taxis are overpriced, food is good if you're willing to pay and arm and leg for a fucking sandwich, gentrification is out of control and most of the old, interesting areas (Brick Lane, Soho, East end, Camden) are now just commercial traps for tourists. Places like Hackney, one strongholds of Cockney culture, have been reduced to hipster stereotypes, the kind you just simply didn't believe could actually exist in person.

Honestly, it's a shadow of it's former self, and increasing terror attacks with a mayor who describe it as "part of daily life" says all you need to know. If you're keen on moving to the U.K., Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield, Edinbrugh, Glasgow, Nottingham, Birmingham, Newcastle and Bristol are all far, far better, and totally liveable too.

Although i'd advise avoiding the U.K. entirely. Berlin is a good option, if you don't mind the risk of similar terror attacks (although the refuge is wildly exaggerated, most people would simply not live in those 'no-go' areas at home, why would they abroad?) Dead cheap compared to London, with far better clubs, great food, great location for flights and good amount of jobs if you're willing to learn German.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.