[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ukraine Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Flag_of_Ukraine.svg.png (560B, 255x170px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Ukraine.svg.png
560B, 255x170px
Hey guys, I just booked my flight, first week of September landing in Lviv, just 7 days. Recommend me stuff to see in Lviv, or maybe even short trips close to the area. I might take the train to Kiev, but i might also just leave that for another trip.

Things I'm interested in: WWI and WWII history, art in general, soviet-era shit I guess, literature, some nature since it will be summer still. Cute girls. Cool bars and cafes.

Also Ukraine general, I guess
>>
>>1250380
Ukraine? No such thing

For real though, if you love history hop the train to Odessa, then take a cab to Tiraspol. Odessa is an important port city and has a Russian majority, it's where a bunch of rioters trapped a crowd of Russians inside the Trade Unions building and burned them. But Tiraspol is the coolest imo

It's a breakaway country sandwiched between Moldova and Ukraine, and if you can be there September 2nd that's their independence day parade with tanks and stuff. It's not blocked off, basically a tourist spot - it split from Moldova after Moldova declared independence, and was in the process of a referendum with the Soviets when the USSR collapsed. So technically they're still the SSR Moldova, making the Soviet Union still a country.

I also think there's a monument to Stephan Bandera in Lviv. I'll probably butcher the history but he was the leader of a militia that carved Ukraine out of Russia in WW2, so he's revered by nationalists. Only problem is that he worked opportunistically with the Nazi SS and his men massacred villages of Poles. Similar to Latvians idolizing SS Divisions because they cemented their separate status from the Reds
>>
bump-ump
>>
>Go to bar in Lviv
>Tell all the women you're from America
>Say "Slava Ukraini!"
That will get them wet, no joke. That's how I met my current girlfriend.
>>
I'll be in lviv or maybe Kiev in September as well. But I'll mostly stick to the city. Any recommendations for what city to go to for first timers? I've be there for about a week or two.

I've heard that the quality of the roads are very poor though may want to watch out.
>>
>>1251388
You really only need three days at most before you will become bored of Lviv. You should plan to do a lot more.
>>
File: Capture.png (288KB, 382x360px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
288KB, 382x360px
>>1250407
>It's a breakaway country sandwiched between Moldova and Ukraine

Yeah it's Transnistria. Trains from Chisinau or Odessa to Tiraspol are now stripped down to one per week. Busses from Chisinau are several times a day.

If you stay within 10 hours, you do not need registration. If you stay longer, for example in a hotel, they will do the registration for you. Best experience is a tour. So you will see all the soviet stuff.

Tiraspol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6GVfMknctE

Bender:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeoE8ogqdok

Other cities to visit are Ribnita, Kamenka, Gregoriopol, Dnestrovsc

I have a couple of videos on my channel, as well as some from Odessa:
https://www.youtube.com/user/aggrovreak/videos
>>
>>1251194
There is a "secret bunker" bar in Lviv where the password to come in is exactly "slava Ukraini". Was that one?
>>
>>1251419
I don't know about that place but the phrase means "glory to Ukraine" and it's a very patriotic phrase to which people respond "glory to the heroes" (heroyam slava).

You could say it all over Ukraine and do well, but especially so in Western Ukraine because it's the traditionally patriotic area of the country.
>>
>>1251394
yeah, you're probably right. So Kiev is just 5 hrs away by train, I could do that for a few days. Any other suggestions for places to visit from Lviv in under 5 hours of travelling?

I'm OP so again, I'm interested in: WWI and WWII history, art in general, soviet-era shit I guess, literature, some nature since it will be summer still. Cute girls. Cool bars and cafes.
>>
don't want to be a complete penis but have you read this thread
>>1248288
>>
>>1251428
awesome thread, just what I needed.

Not penis at all, very helpful indeed. I did search for 'Ukraine' before making my thread, but he only put 'Kiev' in his OP, that's why I missed it. Thanks!
>>
>>1251428
I made the Haiti post and it was a reference to Donbas, which Russia has turned to shit.

The rest of Ukraine is fine and there are a lot of good places to visit.
>>1251424
Look in the other thread and read up on here for some possibilities
https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Western_Ukraine
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.