[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SEA general (south east asia)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 19

File: 20170301_093851.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170301_093851.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
old one 404'd

Currently in Thailand, bored as fuck
>>
Where? I'm coming to BKK this Saturday.
>>
>>1249955
oh god, /trv/ has been planning a thailand meetup for weeks

I'm way up north staying in some bamboo hut posting inbetween two kids playing CS:GO in a internet cafe

it's approaching burning season and the rain is coming, so I'l be forced further south towards pai soon

but I know there are a heap of people passing through Bangkok around now
>>
>>1249952
Get some big post-op ladyboy to strap a giant cock over her newly minted pussy and fuck your ass while you ask for permission to lick her massive boiclit
>>
I have a really big hard on for river travel, it's been itching at me for weeks and fucking weeks

the mekong in cambodia didn't have any water traffic, not even a rice barge I could hitchhike on

all the great lakes here are seemingly devoid of sail-craft, only shite-ey long boats

any ideas?
>>
I'm going with a few friends to thailand for the month of june.

we're huge into clubbing, but it looks like with the 2 am? (is this right) closing of clubs and strict drug policy, people usually go out to bars instead.

obviously I'm talking about bangkok here, but what are the best parties on a friday or saturday night?
>>
>>1250542

You're literally the kind of people that make me never want to return to Thailand.
>>
>>1249995
Laos. Mekong
>>
>>1249995
in Myanmar, I heard you can take a boat downstream from north to south
>>
>>1249952
>going to thailand
>haven't planned anything
can i use a credit card to pay for things? or will i get killed through foreign exchange charges?

do i need to worry about theft? want to bring my laptop as it's easier to plan things and kill any downtime with
>>
A-anyone gonna be in Hanoi some time soon?

Would like to show you around and drink some beers
>>
>>1251206
I could be, im travelling with a flexible schedule
>>
>>1249952
Leave that shitty country and go to Laos or myanmar, much more interesting place and people
>>
I'm a university student in the UK and I have been looking up Taiwan and wanting to travel there.

Is it possible for foreigners to find work there?
>>
>>1251502
Yes, yes. But I've heard baaaad things about both the working and social environment in Taiwan.
>>
Are there any laws against caffeine pills in SEA? I'm not a fan of drinking coffee and typically just take a 200mg pill every morning. I know these places have pretty strict drug laws but can't find anything specific regarding caffeine.

Also, anyone ever have any problems bringing in general medication? As in cold, stomach, allergy etc. items? I'm guessing it'd be best to keep all the original packaging rather than just having bags of loose pills.
>>
>>1251617
I'm a hemophiliac and have medicine which has to be delivered by injection. Just have a doctor's note in whatever language the country you are going to speaks and you should be fine.
>>
Anyone in Kuala Lumpur fancy a drink tonight?
>>
>>1251205
Get out 10k baht from ATMs at a time, seems like a fixed 220 convenience cost for each transaction which adds up
>>
>>1251368
Favourite places in Laos and Myanmar?

Also, how troublesome is travelling between different places in Myanmar, and how much more expensive than the rest of SEA did you find it to be, generally speaking?
>>
>>1251522

Like what?
>>
>>1249952
Hey so can someone tell me which SE Asian country has the most reliable and fastest internet?

How is it in Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar? I've heard it's good in Phnom Penh but then online sites say it's slow as hell.
>>
what's up gay boys

I'm landing in BKK on tuesday. Anybody keen on some bevos?

Also, recommendations on gyms? Probably gonna go with fitness first unless there's a better option.

Maybe I can come train with one of you homos and you can spot me so I can push through my shitty lmao1plate bench. Then we can suck each others dicks in the shower for maximum protein economy no homo tho
>>
>>1251502
yo man I just up and bought a ticket ticket to taipei next month. I got a ching chong mate who lives there who says it's totally chilled for westeners, you get by on english easy, don't listen to that other cunt
>>
>>1251205

i noticed in bangkok that visa is accepted but amex/discover aren't
>>
>>1251864
Visas are usually accepted because they the government issues them
>>
>>1251862
>Then we can suck each others dicks in the shower
Had me up to this point.
>>
>>1251861
repends what you call slow

I had slow internet right across cambodia, and a LOT of dropouts outside phonm pehn
can't remember what it was like in siem reap
>>
>>1251682
this

same as everywhere else in the world, use cash, big withdrawals

but a word of caution about doing this in SEA, even in big citites ATM's might not have enough cash in them for large withdrawals

in rural areas ATM's often work only sporadically, so amke sure you have multiple days of cash in reserve
even if this means making consecutive withdrawals in big citties

it's less of an issue than it used to be, but can still be trouble in cambodia in particular from what I hear

headed south from mai chiang in thailand if anyone cares, would have gone to burma but these fucking new thai visa rules mean I couldn't have got back in (I could have stayed like 15 days in a few Burmese northern citties though if I left my passport with thai police, which wasn't happening)

Pai wasn't for me, hordes of basic asf tourists from england; nightlife that has sufered a huge blow because nowhere (bar a few places that seem really expensive) can sell alcohol after 12PM
maybe I would have gotten something out of it if I'd stayed longer, but it seemed like a poor gamble
>>
>>1250542
ask around, there's one place inside a Chinese hotel which is notoriously grim and open until 2pm the following day
>>
>>1251862
Rent a road bike if you want fitness, best way to see Thailand
>>
>>1250542
Rewind, Thermae.

I think some of the clubs like Levels and Insanity also close down later at 4 am
>>
>>1251862
>Also, recommendations on gyms?
Honestly the only exercise you need is some ladyboy sex. After being pounded for 3-4 hours I never felt the need to go to the gym, all my muscles were aching and sore.
>>
>>1251977
well shit, i heard they had 4g in phonm pehn and it was reliable. I'm look for at least 20 mbps, ideally 30.

I was kind of hoping to work in Laos or Cambodia, but I imagine I would have to be in Bangkok or Chiang Mai for that.

If anyone knows any good spots in SE Asia where I can get speeds like that, let me know, thanks.
>>
>>1251206
My gf and I will be coming there in August. We are visiting her family there for a few days before traveling south to Phu Quoc for a week. We don't have any serious plans after that, and we are expecting to be in Vietnam for at least a month.
>>
>>1252118
How will you explain your GF that you're considering meeting a guy from 4chan in Hanoi?
>>
>>1252168
phu quoc, play with the pronounciation a bit there buddy
>>
>>1252168
Rude, I said id like to come out and you ignore my offer
>>
>>1252168
um, why would it matter? she knows I browse here. she knows how fucked up I am inside ;)
>>
>>1250545
sick bro
>>1252017
thanks anon, will look into these
>>
>>1252017
>>1250542

>Levels

Levels is good.Also defo check out SIng Sing. Plenty of nightlife, not all good
>>
>>1251267
>>1252315
[email protected]

Email me when you guys are around.
>>
Well boyos im now in bangkok

Does anybody want to head out and smash some bevs tonight?
>>
>>1252020
This

If you are doing Thailand right, you should be sore as a motherfucker every morning from your ladyboy threesome (and so should the ladyboys).
>>
>>1252781
what do you do in Hanoi?
>>
>>1252781
WE ARE FLAMMING DRAGON!

ill email you soon
>>
Anyone know anything about traveling in Myanmar?

I'm going to take a flight from chiang mai to mandalay

thinking about taking the rickety trains north, then taking a slow river barge down south

aside from mandalay, bagan, rangoon and aranpura I'm not sure where to go
>>
>>1253275
and most importantly, does anyone know how to beat the extortionate price of accommodation?
>>
>>1252968
Teach English.

>>1253097
Coo.
>>
>>1253275

Mandalay is boring as fuck, besides the floating bridge thing the only interesting attraction I came across was dirt floor pool hall next to a flower show (like a cabaret but the performers can be bought for sex).

Hire a driver / motorcycle and head to Sagaing, the scenery next to the river is nice, plus the bridges and the 1000 gold roofed temples scattered along the hills are quite a sight, as is Kaunghmudaw Pagoda (17th century), and don't miss Mingun Pahtodawgyi - climb it if you can avoid being spotted, it's epic.

I haven't done much more north of there, my buddy who lived in country for 3 years reckoned there's some interesting shit but I preferred the south - Mawlamyine, Dawei, Myeik & Kawthuong via train, boat & plane - then head out to Macleod Island. Best itinerary I ever did. Be prepared for the trains though, they are rugged, had some hellish experiences on Burmese trains (60s era ex Chinese rolling stock).

Yangon is worth a look, some cool shit to see there, defo take the circle line train it's cool & a great way to see the city most tourists miss completely, but beware the traffic is murder, Bangkok level +10.
>>
My friend's trying to convince me to move to Laos to work as a TEFL teacher. Have any of you ever worked/lived there? I've got two years teaching experience so I think I'm ok on that side of things but I'm wondering if it's worth it.
>>
>>1253474
Is it easy to travel by train in Myanmar, besides the discomfort? Do they go regularly?

How much did you spend on average on accommodation, food and transport? Just an approximation, I've read budget backpack blogs stating $20-25 is doable
>>
>>1253474
Also, how will you avoid being spotted? Won't your driver mind you climbing it?
>>
>>1253474
fantastic info man, awesome

it seems like I might be passing through Mandalay a few times, I'm planning on taking the trains just as an experience
>>
>>1253537
Dunno, the whole population of the country is less than most major cities. The whole place might seem like a village? Personally i would love to travel through it, but i don't know if i could hack it for a year.
>>
Hey guys, will probably take a SEA vacation with my gf in a couple months (She is Japanese and we live in Japan so you can take it in to consideration that we don't have to haul ass a super long way when giving thoughts about where to go).

Anyway, last year we went to Cambodia and we were thinking of going to either Thailand or Laos this time.

I was leaning toward Laos as my impression is that it's less traveled, relaxed and interesting, but the Wikitravel makes Laos seem kind of bad-- way more expensive than Thailand, scammy, etc.

What do you guys think of Laos? Should we just go to Thailand instead? Neither of us have been to Thailand. Obviously we would not be tearing up Pattaya and fucking ladyboys or anything.
>>
>>1254046
the price of laos is generally regarded to be somewhat higher than neibouring countries; but the region is so cheap that's probably not something to take too seriously

thailand is super heavily traveled, though it is possible to break away from that it's hard
bankok is cool, but you might find yourself tred of it in a few days, chiang mai is barely thai at all and full of tourist shit, chiang rai is just as bad; but hte surrounding areas are nicer

What are you guys into?
do you want to see some nature, party, smoke weed, see elephants, do some beaches, mountains, tribal areas?
>>
>>1254046
The only people that complain about Thailand being to touristy are those that have been there too many times. Thailand is also way more gf, and Japanese for that matter, approved. Laos is cool for natural tourism
>>
>>1254188
We're probably most into nature, food and sightseeing.
>>
I'll be honest, I'm going to there to monger bargirls.

Did it in 2013 in Pattaya while I was in the military and can't wait to do it again.

However, not experienced in Bangkok.

Is the JW Marriot guest friendly? Should I just stick to the soi cowboy? Also how do I arrange GFE with a bargirl?
>>
>>1254212

For tourist stuff like seeing trained animals or going on well organised hikes, go to Thailand.

If your interested in the wild, looking for local wildlife while getting lost in the jungle, go to Laos.
>>
>>1254241

Not really interested so much in the kind of tourist stuff like petting sedated tigers or whatever. More interested in seeing old stuff. World heritage sites, stuff like that.

>getting lost in the jungle

Not really interested in getting literally fucking lost m8 lol but if you just mean that figuratively than I feel you.
>>
>>1254436
>World heritage sites, stuff like that
There's a lot of that in Thailand
>>
>>1254436
>>1254456
11 official sites between approved and tentative

http://whc.unesco.org/en/statesparties/th
>>
>>1254212
well the food is fairly uniform across the country, I find they put heaps of sugar in everything, especially in the north

for nature again I think you want the north, some of the best caves I ever saw were in soppong; which is conveniantly close to pai
the cave lodge is great and runs serious (but expensive) tours if you need a guide
it's also an area with a lot of real hill tribes, which you can just motorbike into, but please don't treat it like a zoo

chiang rai like I said is a bit of a wash out with bar girls and shit, but it's a great region, I'd recommend mae salong in particular

near chiang mai there is a mountain which is meant to be cool

bangkok probably isn't for you, sighseeing is very limited and it's only real drawcards are whores and trendy urban living
>>
Going to pic related in a couple days time - can /trv/ redpill me.

Looking at spending a few days in Luang Prabang and then making my way to Vientiane to leave - but everyone I've met whose been says to spend less time in Vientiane and go to Vang Vieng for a couple days.

Everyone also says the mosquitos are worse - do i need malarials or should I just carry on with DEET spray as I have the rest of SEA as it looks a similar risk to say Cambodia.
>>
>>1254480

Vang Vieng is far better than its made out to be by pretentious travel bloggers on the internet.

I ended up spending only 1 full day in Vientiane, and while there were a few things I missed, I had a much better time in Vang Vieng.

Unfortunately i didn't make it up to Luang Prabang.
>>
thailand is bumbing me out, where should I go?
>just came from cambodia
>burma seems to expensive

thinking hanoi, but not sure
>>
>>1254480
Luang Prabang is really nice, good for few days.
I think Vang Vieng is the worst backpacker hellhole I've seen, but since you're going from Luang Prabang to Vientiane, you have to go through it.
Vientiane is really relaxed capital, it's not as hectic and massive as the other south-east asian capitals are. I rented a bicycle and toured the sights. Along the river there are some great places to eat and everything is really cheap.
Not much for nightlife, but that's same all over Laos, besides fucking Vang Vieng.

Southern Laos is pretty mint, if you've got the time.
>>
>>1251368
This is true, although keep in mind it was tourism that made Thailand shit in the first place/
>>
File: 20150925_110758.jpg (5MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20150925_110758.jpg
5MB, 4160x2340px
>>1254480
Do the loops, either the Bolaven Plateau or the Konglor Loop.
>>
went to a local market today and joined a queue of people buying hot soya milk
It cost 7 baht, the people in front of me payed 7 baht
I gave two 5 baht coins and got no change, so I asked the 80 year old woman in thai how much it was and she tells me 10 baht.
I look at the people behind me in line and they just snigger.

I have no doubt if I gave her a 20B note the price would have been twenty

we're just not welcome in Thailand, at best you are a stupid walking ATM
at worst they treat you like crap.
outside the tourist areas things are certainly better, but the tourist area is almost all-encompassing.
many people report thai's being fantastic, ask them "were those fantastic thais taking your money at the time"

after several weeks here I think >>125136 has it right
cambodians are no better in the tourist areas, but it's easy to get out of that

maybe I sound bitter but it really is a shit place, damaged culturally by hordes of drunk tourists on mushrooms, sexpats and wealthy weekenders.
>>
>>1254838

That really sucks man, I've had such a different experience. Everyone I've met who's local has gone out of their way to be kind. Even this morning a Thai man paid for our breakfast and refused to take no for an answer, and last night I ended up at a locals only bar in Bangkok and the owner bought me a beer and a pack of smokes. I mean there's been some assholes also but I've been blown away by how much people have helped us get around here.

in other news I'm heading to Kanchanaburi tomorrow for a 2 day trip. I really want to try motorbiking around after chickening out in Pai, but is it really that dangerous?

Also, why are all the tourists here such basic bitches? I swear I've seen only like 4 actually attractive backpackers in the entire country.
>>
What's the minimum amount of money you need for a week in bangkok/pattya don't drink too much prostitutes and food and then a week on an island
>>
>>1255018
What do you mean when you say attractive? Most of the pictures I've seen from SEA contains plenty of fuckable chicks, although most of them look like shallow, boring as fuck people.

But who cares about that, unless you're trying to find a girlfriend? Or are you seriously saying that there are only ugly girls in SEA? Basic bitch doesn't mean ugly
>>
>>1255018
But maybe you should consider a different destination if you don't want "basic bitches", SEA is literally the top basic bitch destination
>>
Do any of you ever purposely travel in SEA during the rainy season? I was seriously considering doing it because I really like rainy weather, and I figure I could get a lot of discounts/less tourists in beach shorts running around ruining muh RealTravelerâ„¢/ just all around more chill atmosphere.

Is this a really stupid idea? Should I simply steer clear? The rainiest place I've ever been for an extended period of time was Pacific Northwest USA, and I really enjoyed that a lot.
>>
>>1255018
pai in particular is packed with british trash

I've never experienced that kind of generosity in Thailand expect when I'm in the countryside
maybe I'm just an asshole

motorbiling is dangerous if
A. you don't ride much back home
B.you ride drunk
C. you ride without propper gear
D. you ride a road bike off-road

if none of these are true, it's not dangerous; just unsafe because of poor roads and driving

I chickened out of gettign a motorbike here after seeing so many injured touriss

>>1255124
well rainy season doessn't always mean rain, if the monsoon is early/late you can beat the crowd in that window

heavy rain is kind of paralysing though, many things will be shut including activities you might want to do, buisnesses you might want to patronize

but it's not such a bad idea, I kind of enjoyed the rain in cambodia and nth vietnam
It seems to just dump rain, rather than drizle all day
>>
>>1255163

>businesses you might want to patronize

Do most of the businesses just totally close down and board up during the rainy season?

My main travel goals are hiking/eating/light drinking/general atmosphere, not really very interested in attactions so I wouldn't mind if most were shut down. But if I went during rainy season and every bar/restaurant was closed for the season I might be upset.

Or maybe it would be good because the things that would actually stay open are the non-tourist/overpriced places.
>>
>>1255018
>motorbiking
Depends what you mean by motorbiking. Puttering around quiet roads on a moped is different to facing highway or city traffic over multiple days. A lot of accidents happen when tourists drive beyond their abilities, mostly due to some combination of overconfidence, peer pressure, and alcohol. If you account for your own experience, the road conditions and the machine you're driving then you are taking a large degree of the risk out of it. That said, Thailand is one of the worst countries in the world for road deaths which creates a degree of risk no matter how careful you are, especially as a tourist without local knowledge on road conditions. Another thing to consider is that many travel insurance policies won't cover you for unlicensed motorbike riding, so you are kind of fucked if you need serious medical care.

I'm not saying straight up don't do it, in fact some of my best memories of the region are from cruising around on a moped. You just need to make a proper risk judgement and plan accordingly. For me, as someone with no prior motorbike experience, that meant the following:
>Only day trips, in quiet areas
>Rent scooters from decent places, check brakes, tires etc.
>Get local information about the roads where I'm going
>Find a buddy for the ride if going anywhere somewhat remote
>Avoid driving in night/rain
>Biggest one: Don't drive too fast. For me that meant staying under 50km/h, my theory was that if I came off at that speed I had at least some chance of surviving. If it feels too fast, it generally is.

TL;DR:
It's worth a try but start with a day rental in a quiet area and don't be an idiot.
>>
>>1252073
Bangkok or Singapore only. Kuala Lumpur maybe.
>>
>>1255230
I got 70mbps in Khon Kaen, I'm sure any decent sized city has fiber if KHK does
>>
Is anyone in Bangkok want to get some dinner?
>>
>>1255242
>>1255230
maybe i should look into khon kaen then, i might just end up camping out in bangkok but i would like to see another part of thailand. I just understand the farther out of major cities I get the less likely I am to have good internet. I thought a lot of internet based shit was out of chiang mai but maybe I was mistaken. I'll probably have to start out in Bangkok and then figure out where to go from there.
>>
I am in Bangkok, had two threesomes with ladyboys already. Now what?
>>
>>1255025
5000 baht is decent
>>
>>1255565
5000 baht per day I mean(hotels excluded)
>>
>>1254838
Get the fuck out twatpacker trying to localize. I am a sexpat and proud. Nothing more annoying than twatpackers ruining sex tourism by trying to talk in local language and introducing twatpacker morality.
>>
>>1255243
which place? Maybe somewhere around Nana area?
>>
File: bjbar.jpg (171KB, 1024x794px) Image search: [Google]
bjbar.jpg
171KB, 1024x794px
Didn't want to start my own thread.
Just been informed i have ~6 months before my company shuts down.
I've always fancied a few weeks in Thailand but never really had an opportunity.

My severance package is approximately £2000 and i intend to save an additional £3000 in the 6 months till we close. How long could i live like a king over there with £5000? I'm not all that interested in slumming it and counting pennies.

>don't do drugs
>will be interested in a fair few threesomes and soapy massages

Any advice much appreciated
>>
>>1255566
cheers bud
>>
File: download.png (5KB, 391x129px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
5KB, 391x129px
How good is this site?

I know lonely planet isn't that good anymore since it is super popular, so is there any other good travel resources like the ones mentioned?
>>
File: 0O0FRf1.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
0O0FRf1.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
>>1255913
Holy shit, I am an idiot. Wrong thread.

have a wall paper.
>>
File: 1496069443565.webm (2MB, 1080x1874px) Image search: [Google]
1496069443565.webm
2MB, 1080x1874px
Where are these traps at?
>>
>>1254838
Who gives a fuck 3 baht is worth less than one of my pubes
>>
File: 1495492826251.jpg (38KB, 431x640px) Image search: [Google]
1495492826251.jpg
38KB, 431x640px
So how does working pan out for a white person in SEA? I want to earn some cash in order to stretch my time out while in SEA.

Also, unrelated, how expensive is learning Muay Thai for a white guy? I don't want to become some superstar; I just want to build some self respect and be able to defend myself. Am I going to be cock blocked from this by being a white guy?
>>
>>1255174
depends where you are

but they call it "off season" for a reason
plenty of places will be open in asia, but most will be empty all night except for one or two locals who get a discount because they know the boss

>>1255025
depends how cheap you are

if you stay in khao san you can get dorms for 150-200 Baht, then if you travel out of the awful area you can get meals for 25-50.
so doing nothing your "base cost" is like 300baht/day
>>
>>1255924
Walking st pattaya.
>>
>>1255924
This is not a trap.
>>
anyone know about northern laos?

can I take a tent/hammock and just stay that way out there?
>>
Hey guys, heading to Thailand for a month at the end of June. Since I haven't done any preparation yet, I figured I'd start orienting myself a bit.

If anyone could help with one or all of these questions that'd be great.

1. Does the King's death still have an effect on daily (tourist) life and if so what? (My lonely Planet isn't up to date lol)

2. Are bicycle rentals common and is it fun to bike in Thailand? I want to avoid motorcycles since I don't ride, but I had my most fun in Vietnam doing bike day trips. Are multiday bike rentals possible?

3. How does one go about acquiring hooker/ladyboy company for a night? Not something I would usually do but I figured I might wanna give it a try.
>>
>>1256364
>How does one go about acquiring hooker/ladyboy company for a night?
hmmmm maybe asking them would be a good start
>>
>>1256364
the kings death won't bother you at all
you'l just see a bunch of memorials at stations and gov. buildings, and black banners draping things
just don't say bad things about the king

everyone rents bikes, Everyone.
many end up scraped up because htey can't ride at home, drive drunk, and ride in shorts and plastic shoes
it's awesome fun though and by far the best way to get around inside towns

hookers?
go to a kathoey brothel, pick them up from the street
I would use tinder, which is chock-a-block full of them

their culture is very prostitution oriented, many are straight up hookers, most expect some money but are more chill (if you can call a ladyboy chill)
Bankok is full of them, but they kind of gravitate to tourist areas because they are used to guys "who just want to try it out"

beware of being ruphied though, the kathoeys steal wallets and shit like that daily, and have been known to use drugs to get the upper hand over tourists
>>
>>1249952

Going to Thailand next year for the Full Moon party (march 1st) on Koh Phagnan.

Anyone got any tips in general, like places to stay, what to steer clear of, what to expect etc?
>>
>>1256667

Thanks lad
>>
>>1255961
Some of the western mma gyms run muay thai camps which cater to all levels. check out aka thialand and Thai top team. A months worth of courses go for between b10-20k depending what you want included.
>>
>>1256675
For the full moon you can stay in either haad rin or Baan tai. Haad rin is the beach the party is on, you will not be sleeping until 10am onwards unless you pass out. Baan tai is a 100baht trip away from haad rin, much quieter and also closer to the jungle party they have leading up to the full moon party.

There is a fucking awesome burger place on the opposite end of the island called soho or something, go there for your hangover feed.

Buy a bottle of alcohol in the shops and make your own buckets, so so much cheaper, and the buckets they make on the beach are complete shit anyway.

Mellow mountain on the right hbd side of the beach sells marajuana and magic mushroom shakes. They are shitty quality so take two shakes for beginners and if you've used psychedelics before go for like 4.

They try to make you pay to get onto the beach, you probably should but it's so easy to just walk around and jump over a fence or two.

The shops sell the fluro paint, or you can pay a lady out the front to paint you. Obviously doing it yourself is cheaper but the ladies do nice designs.

What else do you want to know
>>
>>1256686
Thanks for the heads up. How many months does it take the average person to get competent in Muay Thai enough to defend themselves adequately?
>>
>>1256860
No idea to be honest. I just had the same idea as you a couple of years ago, researched it but never followed through. All i did just now is recheck the websites when i saw your post to make sure the details about taking beginners and the prices where correct.
>>
>>1253279
find another person to travel with and split a double room, I was avg around $10-12 US a night for my half.

I slept on the floor of a bamboo hut for $10 US in Ngpali Beach...I luckily got laid that night too ;)
>>
>>1255894
You can blow a lot of money in Thailand surprisingly fast depending where you are and what you do.

It can either last 3-4 months or 1-2 weeks depending how much you're going to party and how often you're going to pay for pussy (or lady dick).
>>
>>1256675

book well in advance - 1 week at the latest - every accommodation will require at least a 3 night stay and they jack the prices up. Don't take drugs, expect there to be a lot of people and to lose all your friends at some point and never find them the rest of the night.

Full Moon was cool, but it was bit overrated and it's one time deal. You can still have fun though.
>>
>>1257019
Fuck that, drugs are safe at mellow mountain and the bob marley looking huts on haad rin. Just do not leave the premises with drugs and do not under any circumstance buy drugs from a guy on the beach. At the two places mentioned it is basically legal, the venues pay off the cops and they turn the other way, if you leave the establishments you are fair game though.
>>
Going to Vietnam at the end of June-July.
Will we be fucked by the rain?
Obvious question, but what did you enjoy in Vietnam?
We're planning on buying mopeds in the south then selling them in the north, is that completly stupid?
I love hiking, where should I go?
Probably going to be withdrawing large amounts of dong and then walk around with it, Should we be doing something different?
So excited first trip outside europe with the boi's.
>>
>>1254808
>>1254799
>>1254491

Cheers - Ended up just spending longer in Luang Prabang since I don't have a lot of time for Laos in the first place; but written down what you guys have said.

Going to look at doing a more extensive trip in the future looking at the south and then working my way northwards. LP is pretty sweet though.
>>
>>1257088
>Will we be fucked by the rain
Yes in the south. The north will just be scorching hot.
>We're planning on buying mopeds in the south then selling them in the north, is that completly stupid?
I don't think buying is possible (license plate registration). Go with rental.
>We're planning on buying mopeds in the south then selling them in the north, is that completly stupid?
Sapa or Langbiang, Da Lat
>>
any tips on laos?

figure I'l just wander aimlessly since asside from the "haui xai-lauan prabang/van vieng- plain of jars- vientiene" tourist loop ther edoesn't seem to be many huge sites
>>
>>1257463
freaking out a bit, can someone set me straight here

How much do people make in Laos?
all the figures I get are terrible outdated or the sample size is like 10 people
is 200,000 KIP a day too much?

I've got meals at 15-25k, rooms from 40-70K

Why are the busses so expensive, more expensive than cambodia and more than double the price of thailand
am I being conned here??
they are telling me VIP busses cost the same as regular ones, which I really doubt; but if they won't sell me cheap ones what can I do?
>>
>>1257754
I've met a laotian english teacher in a local bus and she told me she makes 2 million kipps a month last year, that's around 250 dollars a month.
>I've got meals at 15-25k, rooms from 40-70K
seems reasonable desu, i've almost never found a meal cheaper than 15K there, as for rooms the price is reasonable yes, the cheapest room i ever got was near some waterfalls in the pakse loop where i paid 25k for a huge bed that i shared with another guy (12.5k each), the cheapest hostel in vientiene costed me like 50-70k IIRC

>is 200,000 KIP a day too much?
Depends on what you're gonna buy/spend but you can do on 20 dollars a day minus buses i suppose
>Why are the busses so expensive, more expensive than cambodia and more than double the price of thailand
Because usually it includes the tuk tuk ride from your hotel to the bus station plus commission, if you go to the bus station by youself prices are fixed and it's usually cheaper, but a notable exception is the deal from pakse to the four thousand islands that includes the boat ride to Don Det which combined is cheaper than doing the trip on your own
>>
>>1257817
I'm kicking myself that I didn't see Det from cambodia

The visas here are really frustrating me, now all the visas have single entry you can't just crisscross like you used to be able to in the day, and so many of the places you want to cross are open to locals but closed to farang

I book all by busses from the terminal, could probably do it by phone but I've never had the need.
but I am sure there must be cheaper busses they won't sell me, if the cost was so high how could the empoverished locals afford to use them
spent today on a regional bus where two people threw up and a baby shat itself on the ground. These busses are not for the crust of society

and what's up with the ATM withdrawal limit, I can only take out 400K-800K max, my ATM fees are going to go way up and I don't get it
>>
>>1257864
I think it's your card that is abit bad on the limit thing, i was able to withdraw 2 mil daily

Anyway, not sure what to tell you mate, i don't think you'll find a place that sells cheaper tickets than the official bus station and the official vendor in it, also consider that these ordinary people probably travel every once a month or even less, they don't crisscross the country at your pace every few days.

As for the visa situation there's nothing much to do besides just issuing a new visa at the border or getting a multiple entry in an embassy.
>>
>>1257864
Mate at this point you sound like you need an excuse just to complain
>>
>>1249952
Why is the orange juice they sell do disgusting?
>>
Are there any parts of Indonesia that /trv/ recommends? Looking for a nice place that isn't Cancun for Aussies and also won't get my head cut off by Muslims.
>>
>>1257914
Lombok and Sumatra

Bali is nice too although it's gotten quite touristy
>>
File: p1_16.jpg (70KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
p1_16.jpg
70KB, 640x428px
>ctrl+F: Philippines
>0 results

Why?
>>
i'm really interested in going to a SEA country for a brief vacation, either end of June of end of August.

The thing is, i'm completely new to travel.

i'm still figuring out if there's such a thing as going to, say, Thailand via last minute booking.
My idea is to just have a single backpack/rucksack as carry-on, with no other luggage. The idea is to get there cheap.

My plan would entail being there for about a week or shorter.
The reason i feel it can be this short, is because i know so little about traveling and how to book/plan/organize that i would probably just be bored out of my mind in my shitty hotel room.

The reason for my visit, would be sadly, sex.
Maybe not so much the sex, as being the white guy and being wanted.
I'm an average looking guy, but have no game. Been single for over 6 years now. Would love to get some attention.
I know it would be fake, but any attention at this point is better then none.
I've read that in Japan for instance this can happen to white dudes, for just being white, but Japan is way too expensive for me (yet).

So, some bullet points

- where do i begin to look to get prepared for a trip to SEA?
- is it a problem that i only speak Dutch & English
- Is there a way to get a local guide that speaks english, but won't interfere with the lewd side of the trip
- how do i prevent from my organs being stolen / being kidnapped
- what are some general stuffs i need to know before embarking on my journey (already know the zero tolerance against drugs)
>>
>>1257947
There are at least 2 threads solely dedicated to the Philippines. What's your point?
>>
Hey I'm going to spend around two weeks give or take a few days in Thailand at the end of August and have a couple of questions.
I'll start and end in Bangkok.
Im going with my girlfriend and we want to experience everything the night life has to offer. I was wondering how long the "depraved" side will keep us interested?
Besides partying we want a week or so for laying on the beach and having cocktails. How possible is that at this time of year and what islands would you recommend within reach of Bangkok? I'm getting very mixed signals through Googling
>>
when did so many normies use /trv/
>>
>>1258066
Go ree somewhere else
>>
File: sexpats.png (716KB, 939x891px) Image search: [Google]
sexpats.png
716KB, 939x891px
>>1257954
>>1258063
>>
>>1258063
Koh Chang is the best couples island
>>
>>1257954

English is fine

1 week isn't enough time, you'll spend half of that just getting over Jetlag

Tinder in Bangkok as a white person is insane

Don't stress the small details, go with the flow, follow your intuition

I found that Thailand was very safe
>>
>>1258072
Hmm alright but I'm not interested in prostitution, I want to drink excessively and watch some wired shows. Like lady boy dancing I heard about a ping pong thing. Is there a lot of that? Last time we went to Tokyo and there was enough entertainment for days
>>
>>1257954
Do you want to get laid or find love with a Thai? While you could just pay some filthy slag for it you could also sign up for thai friendly, plenty of real cuties on there it also has a option to filter out ladyboys so they can't contact you.
>>
>>1258063
Party in Pattaya, but no longer than a week
Settle down and lay back with some cocktails in Hua Hin
>>
>>1251861

Obviously Thailand. Laos barely has paved roads, there's no internet outside of the three major tourist hotspots. Cambodia is a lot better but only Thailand is somewhat on par with the developed world.
>>
>>1258189
Also don't fall for the trap of giving them money or they'll expect you to take care of them and their entire family. Find one that's at least a bit educated.
>>
>>1258250
thanks for the info, when you say three major tourist hotspots do you mean the major cities in each country, like bangkok, pnhom penh and vientiane? I imagine the only place with true reliable internet is bangkok, but I wonder if a place with tons of foreigners like Chiang Mai or Phuket might also have a few places with 1st world tier internet.
>>
>>1254838
Their greediness never shook me since I lived in a city, not a suburb, and people in any city I visited hustles tourists.
>>
File: 1476454944440.jpg (54KB, 541x541px) Image search: [Google]
1476454944440.jpg
54KB, 541x541px
Just about to return home tonight from 9 months in the Philippines...

never again lol...
>>
>>1254838

>3 baht

jesus christ mate did you call the police?
>>
>>1254838
do you regularly pay 8-20 dollars for beer at foreign bars? Im' wondering bc most of my friends that would haggle over stuff like taxis and street food would usually splurge on stuff like alcohol and hamburgers. It always go under my skin. I usually tip taxis a few bucks even if it's not normal, because I can afford it and instead of making cab drivers think they can rip off foreigners like everyone says it usually makes them happier to see us around.
>>
>>1258501
Why were you in PH for 9 months?
>>
>>1258590
it's not the money, it' the disrespect.
who would stay somewhere where they arn't welcome?
>>
>>1255124
Rainy season is just like every couple of days there will 30mins of the heaviest rain you've ever seen and in 30 minutes more everything is dry again and as if it never rained.
>>
File: 1491344479205.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1491344479205.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
Hi /trv/,
My gf (25) is going to Malaysia in July for one month. She will stay in Kuala Lumpur for at least 15 days and since it will be her birthday I want to surprise her with a gift. I was thinking about half a day in a relaxation/massage center but idk if it's a good idea...
Any suggestions?
>must be half a day max
>in Kuala Lumpur
>budget is 300€ (340$) max
>gf is mostly vegetarian
>>
>>1259185
I don't know if it's clear in my post but she's going there alone.
>>
>>1259185
I can make the trip and give her a nice relaxing, exhausting day for you
>>
I'm going to go to Don Det in Laos sometime soon.

Can anyone recommend a good hostel to stay at and meet other travellers? Like maybe one that has a good common area or some places that does like local pub crawls or stuff like that.

There's very few hostels online, probability because the area doesn't have 24/7 electricity or internet access, just makes it a pain for trying to plan anything in advance and look stuff up...
>>
I'll probably make my own thread at some point, but thought I'd start here.

Like countless people I saw that episode of Top Gear where they drive motorbikes across Vietnam and want to recreate it. There are a view vlogs on Youtube of people who've already done it. I've got a few questions

1. How hard will it be to travel across Vietnam if I don't speak the language?

2. Some people talk about keeping bribe money close by for police, is this an actual problem?

3. Some people on here say not to go to Ha Long Bay, what's the reason?

4. Anything else I should know about the country in general?
>>
>>1259355
>1. How hard will it be to travel across Vietnam if I don't speak the language?

Not hard.

>2. Some people talk about keeping bribe money close by for police, is this an actual problem?

Maybe, its not as common as people make it out to be (they wont specifically target you and track you down like in Cambodia), but it does happen so its good to have some nearby.

>3. Some people on here say not to go to Ha Long Bay, what's the reason?

Very touristy, you can get a similar experience on Cat Ba island.

>4. Anything else I should know about the country in general?

Riding from north to south will take you several weeks, its also quite dangerous with all the traffic.

How much motorbike experience do you have?
>>
>>1259363
I used to ride dirt bikes when I was younger, but it's been awhile. I've been planning to ease back into it (wouldn't want to go in cold). As of right now I don't have a set time for the trip, this December at the earliest
>>
>>1259337
Mate the whole island is a backpacker's island, you will meet people everywhere, just go there and find a place theres a shitload of them in the northern tip of the island
>>
>>1259330
Show pic with timestamp
>>
>>1259355
Some people have to pay small bribes, but to be fair they are almost always breaking the law to begin with.
You need a licence, if you don't have one don't blame corruption.
But i would keep a "haggling wallet" separate from your cash, if the officer looks at a wallet with only 5$ your position will be considerably better.

Hao long Bay is fantastic, really it is.
One of the best tourist's spots in Asia.
I got stuck with one huge group from my home country and even this could not spoil it

People will push you all through Vietnam, and you have to push back; it's not what you want to do on holiday but you have no choice.
Haggle without mercy, seriously.
Prices will often start 50 or 100 times too high, yes I'm not joking.
Beware scams, there are so many but the common theme is "Viet with good English approaches you in public"

The rainy season is a big deal

Beer is very cheap, decide how much of your time you want to spend drunk.

Personally i would just do the north and central regions, enter laos, then Cambodia, then Thailand, then myanmar
Visa and entry rules change infuriatingly quickly with little telegraphing or notice.
>>
>>1257947
It sucks as country

It should not be considered a south east asian country in the first place.
>>
Can somebody post the screencap of that greentext story of a guy being drugged, force fed hormones, and turned into a tranny?

thx
>>
>>1251617
In all SEA countries, caffeine pills must be prescribed by a local physician.
Possession of caffeine pills without a prescription is punishable by death in Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam.
Myanmar seems to be the most progressive country. Possession there only results in a fine and public caning.
>>
>>1260624
>You need a licence

You need a Vietnamese license? So 100% of people doing this trip do it illegally?
>>
Anyone been to northern laos?
Is it worth going far north of odoumxai

Trying to avoid backpacker hell holes
>>
>>1260774
90% of the people doing this don't have an international licence, many don't even have a motorbike licence at all.

Sure you can do it like that, but it shits me when they complain about fines
>>
>>1260806
well it looks like it's fairly simple to get an international license, so I'll just do that
>>
How is Hat Yai for tourists? My friend from there wants me to visit. Is there much to do for a week or two?
>>
Last night in rambuttri village before heading to chiang mai, currently slurping water in my tiny hot cell, bored af, what do? In some other thread someone posted about blues bars nearby, anyone got the deets?
>>
>>1260624
as far as getting scammed goes, how common is that for housing in vietnam? I'm considering renting a short term apartment there online just so I don't have to deal with all the bullshit haggling when I arrive, I figure I might make the difference off the settling in costs I would incur if I just apartment hunted on arrival and stayed at a hotel for one or two weeks. So are the prices that jacked up online for Vietnam?

And since this is a general I'll go ahead and ask for Cambodia, Thailand, etc etc anywhere in SE Asia. How accurate are online prices for apartments?
>>
Talk more about Myanmar
>>
Are there any crash course guides on solotravel that I can plow through, preferably a podcast?

Also, just a general query: what was something you've done that you're incredibly happy that you took the time to go see or do?
>>
>>1261140
>Are there any crash course guides on solotravel

Seconding this, I'm planning on traveling alone for the first time soon
>>
How safe is Bali
Indonesia
>>
>>1261575
Safe as fuck cunt, Australians everywhere, the worst you will get is a bit of banter.
>>
>>1260703
It's considered a SE Asian country because of it's location, you dipshit. Also,

>implying other SEA countries aren't shitholes

It belongs to the right category :^)
>>
>>1261140
>>1261156
Ask for price whenever possible
Taxi drivers are liars, in many places
Have a good look of the room before checking in
Trust some people
Take buses / trains
Dont eat milk / meat in untrustwordy places. But eggs are ok.
Have allways a bottle of water with you like all faggots.
Dont plan everything. Like those tourist scumbags
Rent a bike some time, if you dare
>>
>>1260851
In chiamg mai near thapae gate now. You?
>>
>>1260829
It's not hard, and is s pretty good investment

>>1260857
That's a very specific question, unfortunately i don't know the answer.
However i hear from several expats that scams are very common in housing, many people don't realise just how cheap rent really is in Asia and many overpay considerably for long term leases

I would never lease off the internet anyway, better to stay on a hotel in the neiboyrhood to see if you like it
>>
why do the visas in SEA suck so much now

the entry limit on free thai visas is prohibitive to using it as a base for seeing all SEA; which is exactly what you want to do.
It also stops you crossing into thailand free to get a Laos/cambodian visa re-issued.
and it ALSO sucks a heap if you want to use BBK to get into neibouring countries

Myanmar is just greedy with the visa fees, the country is expensive enough as-is without a 50$US visa fee (or a 40-45 if you get a paper visa)

Laos and cambodia are both VERY slow countries, asside from siem reap, shanookeville, van vieng, luan prabang it really dones take more time to get something out of it
30 days just isn't enough.

extensions on laos visas now cost double the price of getting a new visa, and doing a visa run is much harder in laos because of the time it takes to get to Cambodia, and the difficulties with vietnam visa.
that leaves you with thailand, and this is where the thai limit on land entry's hurts again
>>
>>1262640
also, quote the thai immigration agency
"Travelling overland out of Thailand by train, bus, etc to Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia (including en route to Singapore), Myanmar, etc is not accepted as proof of exiting Thailand."

I know this isn't enforced, but theoretically you MUST book a flight out; even if you have to book a dummy flight
>>
>>1255567
>Get the fuck out, person trying to show any goddamn respect to a country you're a guest in
>>
So yes Pattaya>Bangkok for whores?
>>
I dont know... I heard Pattaya girls were hot but I've had a great time at Soi Cowboy in Bangkok
>>
I'm looking to go to Pattaya for a week by myself to fuck hookers. I'm from the USA. Is it still worth it to go these days? Budget is 5000 USD and I'm looking to fuck three girls a day, minimum, while I'm there
>>
>>1264424
Horny lil bastard, aint'cha?
>>
sexpats get out rreeee
>>
>>1264397
yes
>>
I am deciding to travel to either Kuala Lumpur or Penang. Which will be more fun?
>>
>>1260743
>Possession of caffeine pills without a prescription is punishable by death
wut
>>
>>1251206

I'm in Saigon right now...
>>
Do I need to book a hotel in Bangkok before arriving? Late August, kinda hoping I can just walk around and find one
>>
Been in Thailand for almost 2 weeks and having fun. Currently in Chiang Mai for a few more nights. Any recommendations or questions for a first timer?
>>
>>1249964
tpbp
>>
>>1265918
nah not at all..head to area around Phra Artit road, Samsen theres tons too many in fact.
>>
Is cider drunk much in s.e asia? I hear not but wondering on peoples experiences.
>>
>>1265950
I didn't look too thoroughly, but they didn't seem to have it in Thailand or Malaysia; Thailand had lots of wine coolers at least, Malaysia didn't seem to have much other than beer. I lived in Hong Kong though, and there was cider everywhere there.
>>
>>1258350
No you idiot, he meant the 3 major spots in Cambodia.

Thailand has some of the best internet infrastructure of any Asian country, their now deposed Prime Minister promised it in the 2000 election and he delivered.

I was on top of a mountain where they don't speak Thai or English but Koren, the mountain language and I still could check my grades for uni.
>>
Well I'm a dumbass and planned a trip to the Philippines in August, not doing the research to realize that's the middle of the wet season

What can I expect?
>>
>>1266053
you wrote that response and you are calling me an idiot? are you ok?
>>
>>1265929
Thanks man! What about stuff to do. Anything cool I should book in advance?
>>
>>1266078
It is still a good time to go. I went when I was younger. I'd say it is a lot more fun when you have to do with torrential rains and blasting gusts of wind every now and then, or few days at a time.
>>
>>1249952
Imagine being frugal and you have 12,000 USD. How long could one reasonably last traveling Vietnam, Malaysia, and Philippines? If I stayed in one country only?
>>
>>1266731
anon why would you bring 12,000 dollars? that's way too much
>>
>>1266849
Just trying to figure out how long it could last me. I imagine up to 1.5 years...
>>
>>1266078
Terrorism and a lot of delayed flights, floods and no boat rides
>>
>>1266923

It depends if you drink and blow it on hookers, I spent $500 in two nights in Saigon
>>
>>1267032
Hence frugal.
>>
>>1267032
No hookers. Probably a few beers a day. Mostly just travel, sightseeing, and maybe I'll settle in a city for a few months while working on my physique and language skills.
>>
File: 1497069791084.png (152KB, 358x432px) Image search: [Google]
1497069791084.png
152KB, 358x432px
So if what I read is true the low season in August to November. How much does this affect whore prices?

Also, is this right for mongering?
Pattaya>BKK>Phuket
>>
File: IMG_2116.jpg (260KB, 2000x773px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2116.jpg
260KB, 2000x773px
Is there any reason to go to Kuala Lumpur? I've looked into the things to see and do and it just looks like a knock off Singapore. Am I missing something? I've been to every other country in SEA but I'd hate to go to KL just for the sake of crossing another country off my list.
>>
>>1267305

If you've already been to SG or Bangkok, then you've seen more than KL has to offer
>>
Just back form 3 weeks in Thailand. Thanks to the anon to recc'd Koh Chang, it really was sublime. Proposed to my girlfriend whilst there. Saw elephants for free on the beach, had fun ripping around on a motorbike all week, had entire beaches to myself at times, and on the first morning there got offered hits of a fat joint by a local chillin on the beach. 10/10 place and only 900 baht round trip with ferry+ bus service to your hotel door. Super convenient from BKK too.
>>
>>1266731
Honestly you could stretch that about 2 and a bit years, I generaly will not pay more than $200 a month rent in cambodia, and never spend more than about $100 a month on food etc.. and also walk everywhere. But I am hardcore frugal tbf.
>>
>>1267529
>>1267529
I feel like I would be the same way, but I am going to be with my gf, too. Fortunately, for any time spent in Hanoi, housing would be covered because her parents have an extra apartment we can stay at, so that helps a lot with overall costs while in North Vietnam.

What is your standard
>>
back in bangkok, have run out of things to do

spend a day in khoa san when I first arrived
chinatown for a week the second time
In Silom now, and the siam area but they seriously suck

what do?
>>
>>1267806
bus to Koh Chang
hang on beach and get high
>>
today I went to the Tesco downtown in Bangkok (well outside the tourist area) and the cashier tried to short me 300 baht, I shit you not

I gave her 500 for a 50B milk bottle, and she just gave me 150 back.

I was totally exhausted and walked a few steps before I realized and went back.
bitch didn't even act surprised or apologize

fuck thai peoeple, it's like the fifth time ordinary thais have tried to fuck me for no reason in the last two weeks

forgive the blog posting
>>
>>1267891
Just leave that country already dude..thais aren't generally friendly i agree with you ive been all around the region and found the laotians to be the best people in general
>>
>>1268436
people in laos were really nice weren't they
I hear myanmar is fantastic as well but I couldn't make it there

It's a shame the pace of laos means many people only see virtnian, luang prabang and vang vien.
there is a great run of towns in the north east along the river, but a series of chinese hydro electric plants is looking like it will kill tourism outright
but it's one of the best places I've been, people were so nice, there was tourist infrastructure but only a handful of tourists, nobody high on mushrooms being a nuisance
>>
>>1267891
There's something strange about you repeating this same shit over and over again. Do you have some sort of "fuck the dead King!" tattoo on your forehead or something? I've almost never experienced anything like what you claim to experience every day, and I've been to Thailand many times.
>>
>>1268501
actually thats a good thing for some, its easy anyway to go to other places and you'll find it almost deserted of foreigners, places like savannakhet and the far north are very underrated imo
>>
>>1253279
You kind of can't. In Rangoon you can get hostels, but it's guesthouses everywhere else.

Just do Bagan, Inle Lake and all that, you'll love it.

From experience: fuck buses, fly to places, just eat the cost for the sake of your sanity.

If you HAVE to be a retard and do a bus trip, go with JJ, they're comfy as fuck (the road surface is another story, however)
>>
>>1254838
That ripping-you-off thing is all of Asia though. If you speak the language you can argue for a local price, but it's just how they do business.

Never been to Thailand but it's somewhere I just have no interest in going, every story I hear from there is "bro this time? in Thailand? we got SOOO drunk bro #thelads"

I can do that at home, what the fuck do I want to go to Thailand to get drunk around chads for
>>
>>1268619
That's an american stereotype of Thailand which is really frustrating to deal with if you are American and think it's a great country. Not sure if you are american, but I don't really hear that from Europeans too often. There is so much more the country has to offer, and I only spent a few days there but it was one of my most memorable experiences travelling. I plan on going back someday and seeing more of it. There is a reason it's the go to place for backpackers, sometimes the hype is real.
>>
I'm just a couple of days away from my first SEA trip (Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia).
What should I expect/mentally prepare for?
>>
Heading to Ko Chang from bkk tomorrow. I need to get away from this busy city... any hostel recommendations? Preferably one with private rooms but a good common room. Also if anyone wants to meet up?
>>
>>1267345

Congrats on the proposal mate. Any specific tips for ko chang?
>>
Redpill me on these hostels/backpacker hotels

How much shit can I reliably keep there?
What are my chances of being robbed in the night or while I'm out?
Are they worth the drastic decrease in cost if you plan on staying 2-3 weeks or is the inconvenience vs a hotel too much at that point?
>>
>>1270535
Most have lockers, the size of the lockers varies greatly. There is usually a locker at least big enough for your passport and a wad of cash. Things like DSLR's, laptops, smartphones, tablets etc should be locked away. Reception at the hostel usually has a safe for these.

I've never heard of anyone taking another persons clothes so I wouldn't worry about that. I don't know what else you would take traveling outside of those things though.
>>
>>1270541
How many clothes would I have room to bring or would I need to find a laundromat while there?
>>
>>1270541
Also when you say
>Smartphones should be locked away

Are you referring to overnight? Is sleeping with my smartphone next to me begging for it to be stolen?
>>
Gonna be in Bangkok on the 14th. I'll be in SEA for about 9 days before flying back out of BKK, so I'm thinking of going to Cambodia and/or Vietnam in addition to Thailand. Any thoughts on how I should allocate my time between these countries? Right now I'm thinking a 3-2-3 split between Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam.
>>
>>1267891
Lol you look like a fucking stupid farang I bet.

Learn how to say hello, thankyou, stop wearing khaki shorts and tank tops with flip flops you scrub.

Bangkok is fucking great. I'm headed back on the 17th, my condo has a spare bedroom if anybody needs a place to crash no homo
>>
>>1270721
>How much shit can I reliably keep there?
Usually the lockers are big enough for a large backpack. Often larger.

>What are my chances of being robbed in the night or while I'm out?
Minimal if you use your common sense.

>Are they worth the drastic decrease in cost if you plan on staying 2-3 weeks or is the inconvenience vs a hotel too much at that point?
Yes. I've stayed in 1 dollar/night hostels in Vietnam and other countries that are amazingly clean (fresh white sheets everyday, clean toilets etc.) and safe.
>>
File: wink.png (70KB, 424x282px) Image search: [Google]
wink.png
70KB, 424x282px
>>1270825
you replied to the wrong post m8, though I appreciate the info
>>
File: C2ofAVeWQAQphv6.jpg (81KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C2ofAVeWQAQphv6.jpg
81KB, 1200x900px
Open question: if you could visit just one place in SEA what would it be and why?

I'm flying in that direction and have to choose a stopover country. Seems like Laos, Myanmar and Indonesia are pretty good picks from reading this thread.
>>
>>1251502
Salary in TW is really low, job prospects would be very slim and low paid in regards to the profession and you do not speak mandarin, lovely country otherwise.
>>
>>1251861
1000MB standard here
>>
File: 1452896551147.jpg (75KB, 440x660px) Image search: [Google]
1452896551147.jpg
75KB, 440x660px
My friends bailed out on me at the last minute so im stuck with traveling alone in Indonesia for 3 weeks. Now I have to replan everything from scratch.
What should I do now /trv/ ? I only have 2 days left for the flight, and I dont know where should I go.
The original plan was to bali immediately but that cost a lot money to stay for 3 weeks now.

I will start from Jakarta, so should I make my way on land from Java to Bali and return to Jakarta on flight day? Or should I just go to Bali now and blew with what ever I can?
>>
File: aphex.png (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
aphex.png
19KB, 300x300px
decided to treat myself to a trip to bangkok and pattaya. So fucking stoked. Still doing research but I'm pretty much looking to bang lady boys and ladies and get lots of drunk.
few questions:
1. how soon after the mourning is lifted are they going to have the ceremony for the new king? I was looking to go early november but it appears that is possibly going to coincide with the ceremonies. Otherwise, I'll have to go early october, which will still be lit but whatever..
2. I'm looking to spend 5 total days (not including the two days of plane travel). On a reasonable budget (food each day, decent sleeping arangements each day, and hookers each day) how much money would I be spending? From my rough estimates it looks like the trip would only cost me like 2000 in total. Is this realistic or am I underestimating? If it goes upwards of 2500 I'm still well in the clear, I just like to plan out my budget ahead of time because I'm usually good at staying under.
3. I will be going solo and treating this as a way to really just have fun and forget life back home. Is this a good choice for this or should I consider another option? Thailand seems like a great starting point for "sex tourism" and it also seems cheap so fuck it.
4. I'm really big into sports, and I do muay thai training. Where's the best place to see live figthts? Do they allow gambling? What other sports can I check out in bangkok?
5. any of you guys do tinder over there? I've heard that while the women are only interested in your money, you can get ridiculously high percentages of chicks swiping right..
6. lastly, anyone else also considering going in october? would definitely be down meeting up with an anon and buying him a drink.
>>
>>1249952
how do you all exchange money USD to Baht? do you all go to a bank before you leave?
>>
>>1254838
the people in front might be regulars and get a discount for it.
Thread posts: 240
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.