[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So wat do in Rome for 3 nights, wanna see the true/local/pure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Rome-trevi_fountain-1500x850.jpg (192KB, 1500x850px) Image search: [Google]
Rome-trevi_fountain-1500x850.jpg
192KB, 1500x850px
>>
I'm always amazed how people go to places famed for endless swarms of tourists and then ask about TRUE and REAL and AUTHENTIC experiences.
True Rome is tourist-infested Rome because that's just how the place is. You can go walk around EUR or featureless residential districts if you want to avoid crowds of foreigners, but don't expect much excitement. The things tourists flock to are called "attractions" for a reason.
>>
This is a nice balance, probably not "pure" enough for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhBQ2j9RIO4
>>
>>1249735
While I agree with you, I have to go there for few days. Should I go with the tourist flow - no. Hence my question. Duh, either answer the question or why even bother comment the obvious..
>>
>>1249745
You could ask on /int/ whether a Roman NEET will take you in to his parent's apartment for a few days. Would that be truly local enough for you?
>>
>>1249745
>Hence my question. Duh, either answer the question or why even bother comment the obvious..
You're a fucking faggot
>>
>>1249704
Just walk around the city aimlessly and see what catches your eye. There's tons of shit everywhere so it shouldn't be that hard.

The Capuchin Crypt is pretty cool.
>>
>>1249745
Why are you asking a question that goes against the obvious then? You want local Rome, try what >>1249749 suggests. Otherwise you're shit out of luck, unless you plan to spend your few days hanging around grocery stores.
>>
>>1249749
I'd seriously consider this advice if I was OP
>>
Here's what I don't understand, OP:

If you don't want to do tourist bullshit, then you write of all the ancient ruins, treasures of human heritage. You will also ignore the Vatican and other stunning religious structures, not to mention the art museums of Rome proper. Even going out for a Roman pasta or other local dish is considered cliche.

So what's left? Going to some hip local bar or club? Something else you could do in any city on the planet?
>>
>>1249735
Real talk. is Rome filled with tourist yearlong or only during summers?
>>
>>1249792
This.

With only 3 nights, you're probably going to want to do some of the cliche sights, because you have a VERY SHORT amount of time in Rome. If alone, I'd even pay to hop on an on/off bus tour just to get out of the heat of walking or using corrupt taxis..city is quite large. Summer is hot as balls. Locals get out of the city. Fact. Some go to pools (I'd suggest Hotel Boscolo for a stunning view, or a public pool).
So, go do an Eater or Tripadvisor ranking, and go to a few great restaurants, or do one of those foodie tours, or "dine with a local chef" events, where you get to pretend you are a local.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g187791-Rome_Lazio.html
Or realize that having a guide zips you to the front of the line in the mobbed "touristed" stores and restaurants, and express all your tastings in something like this:
https://www.viator.com/tours/Rome/Taste-of-Rome-theTrionfale-Foodie-Tour/d511-12438P1

The Vatican is open on Friday nights (only in the summer) for extended hours for some unique tours, and so are some other mobbed at day, but breezy and lovely at night sights. The point is that you need a guide, but the prices are low and it can add some security in some neighborhoods to have a little group.

Climb Palatine Hill. Go to gardens. Walking tours, self guided, day or night. Go explore cool building architecture, like in the Quartiere Coppedè mansion district in Trieste. Oh, and go shopping. Buy leather goods, shoes, and things known to be excellent. That's a what-locals-do activity.
>>
>>1249809
Thanks for the info anon. Can you answer this >>1249803
I'm interested in doing some wintertime traveling.
>>
>>1249803
there are always tourist in rome
>>
>>1249839
Rome is special during the fall. It's one of the "greenest" capitals of Europe, so the trees gain stunning colors and the atmosphere is amazing.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.