[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

travel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

I've been thinking... just leaving my home and keep wandering, I'm 24 living on a mattress on the floor at my parents i have an alcohol problem and have attempted suicide a few times. My friends treat me like an idiot,they dont know about my attempts or my mental health. i have had many jobs but cant pin anything that im good at... i want to pick a direction and keep walking in it soo i can see something new other than these four fucking walls. i have a tent and food supplies is this a good idea?
>>
This is a great idea
Where do you live?
>>
currently in london
>>
>>1248178
just understand that you cant walk away from youself. also you should really post this on /adv/
>>
A tent and a backpack and a lighter or matches food sleeping bag. I think you should do it. You sound absolutely miserable and in need of a change of pace. You can also hitchhiker if your polite.
>>
>>1248178
Had an uncle in a similar situation and did the same thing. Lasted about 4 hours on a trail before pussing out and returning to his mother's. It could be a good idea for you but might not either. Sounds like you need counseling more than anything.
>>
Try it out for a day first. Then try it for 2 straight days. Then go for a week and come back. If you like it, leave forever. It's best to do this in a vehicle of some sort. Even a bicycle with a trailer is better than a pack.
>>
Its essential for you to plan my friend! Set up this escape... i realize your situation is tough, but if i were you would try and graduate college; however, if not go for it. Make sure you plan it out bud....this is critical.
>>
If you have no options sounds like an all right idea, could be fun. I would recommend doing many practice journeys first though, just going to nearby country side or parks etc and practicing things like setting up a tent, making a fire, tying knots etc. You could even make surviving outdoors a hobby of yours then go off on a big year long trip or something. I am worried if you are doing it outta london though, what if you just end up hopeless? Shit would be rough dawg, make sure you hug your mum goodbye before you go off on a big trip.
>>
>>1248229
Cant you claim unemployment and atleast save up some chump change before doing it? might wana keep a spare few hundred quid in case you dont feel like sleeping outside, book a hostel or something.
>>
>>1248178
I would suggest to just go out for a day and go for a hike or something.
Ultimately you actually do need counseling, because you're not doing yourself any favors by trying to "escape" from your problems by being a hobo in the next town over.
>>
>>1248178
Are you the anon that was talking about going to Japan and being a hobo there
>>
Fix your life instead of wandering around in the forests, dear anon
>>
>>1248313
This is the best advice. Alcoholism and depression are serious illnesses like any other serious illness; they need expert treatment. You can't just walk away from alcoholism or depression anymore than you can just walk away from tonsillitis. Get professional treatment and rely on your family for support, even if it's sometimes going to be stressful as fuck and you want to just go live /innawoods/. Traveling will be an awesome goal once your conditions are under some kind of control. /trv/ can help plan any kind of trip you can think of, when you're healthy enough to enjoy it.
>>
I hope you'll find your way OP, I wish you the best. :)
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.