[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How fucked am I?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 1468020106115.jpg (44KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1468020106115.jpg
44KB, 250x250px
Australian going to Europe for 4 months. I paid for everything already. Got everything sorted out. Except I didn't realise that I can't stay for 4 months because of the Schengen Zone 90 day limit. I'm leaving too soon to apply for a working holiday visa. Is there anything I can do short of leaving within 90 days having left out a sizeable portion of the trip? I'm supposed to fly home from Spain by the way.
>>
You're reasonably fucked mate.
Are any of your days inside the uk? As it does not count. Nor does Bulgaria or Cyprus, in case you are going there.
I'd probably try and refund some of the stuff I was doing, and go to one of those 3 places for ~30 days.
>>
>>1246503
Could I risk overstaying if I leave from Spain? I heard Spain is fairly lax about the schengen visa.
>>
>>1246496
It's 90 out of 180 days in the Schengen Zone. Not all of Europe/EU is Schengen.
Stay 30 days of your trip in any countries that are not Schengen and you're good.
Those are: Ireland, UK, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Albania, Romania, Ukraine, Moldova, Bulgaria, Cyprus and Turkey.
>>
>booking everything ahead

lmao you fucking dumb cunt
>>
>>1246496
Why not visist some of the eastern shitholes which aren't in the EU or switzerland?
You are mildly fucked since you paid for everything and lost the money like a retarded little monkey.
>>
Do a Visa run to Canada
>>
>>1246505
You could see if Gibraltar allows you to give some more days.
>>
>>1246505
No. Don't be a retard. Play by the rules or you can never go back.
>>
>>1246496
You can go to a non-Schengen zone for 1 month. Try Balkans.
>>
>>1246506
Denmark allows you to stay outside of the Schengen 90 days too.
>>
>>1246505
You risk being banned from the EU for at least the next ten years.
>>
I would just overstay and complete the origginal plan. Chances are noone is gonna check your passport/visa. (Even more so, if your're white and carry an Australian passport) Just don't get arrested or get in any kind of trouble with law! I know you Aussies like to drink/fight a lot Don't do any kind of stupid shit. I am an EU citizen myself and I travel quite a lot so I know what I am talking about. I have overstayed US visa with no repercussions whatsoever. US is much more stringent than EU. Have a good trip!
>>
>>1246708
How does that work?
>>
>>1246732
OP, Don't listen to the guy who would not have to face consequences if this happened to him.
Just replan your trip.
>>
>>1246496
Just apply for a 4 month visa in whatever country you're starting/ending in. What's the problem?
>>
>>1246784
When you leave Schengen you just say you spend 31 days in Denmark if they ask.
If you're actually going to Denmark pick up some reciepts just for safety, if not make some (refundable) hotel bookings and print out.

>Citizens of Australia, Canada, Chile, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea and the US can freely enter and stay in Denmark for up to 90 days in any 180-day period, regardless of whether they have stayed in another Schengen country prior to entry into Denmark.

https://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_to_dk/visa/Visa_free_travel.htm

I'm Danish and my American friend did this when he visited me.
>>
>>1247013
That Denmark stay will still count as a Schengen stay, no? For that to work, he would need to leave from Denmark. And besides, an entire 31 days in Denmark will get boring.

Like others have said, it's the best to stay anything over the 90 day period in non-Schengen countries. Balkans, UK.
>>
>>1246928
First, they don't give out extended tourist visas. Second, you can't change your visa status once inside Schengen. That means once you enter as visa-free, you can't get a visa later on and change to it.
>>
>>1247037
No it doesn't count.
And in Schengen no one checks the at the border crossing, no stamps, no nothing. There is literally no way to know where a person has been inside Schengen.
Apparently Belgium, Germany, Italy, Netherlands and Norway is also included in this for Australian citizens

>the European Commission has confirmed that in practice if Australians visit Schengen countries which have signed these types of bilateral agreements with Australia, then the terms of these agreements override the conditions normally imposed as a result of the Schengen visa exemption agreement

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Australian_citizens#Visa_exemptions_for_Schengen_states
>>
>>1247037
>31 days in Denmark is boring
Well you've obviously never been to Denmark.
>>
In many Schengen countries you can apply for a long stay visa directly upon arrival. As long as you got enough money in your bank this can save your ass.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_the_Schengen_Area#Stays_exceeding_90_days
>>
>>1246786
I am not him, but chances are OP will get away with it.

I'm a Eurofag. Last year I took a boat from France to the UK - which has strict border controls - and from the UK to Ireland with an invalid ID. Had been expired for several months which I didn't notice until I got to the port.

Figured I might as well take my chances and try and buy a ticket. I was very much a sweaty_man.jpg but I got away with it on both sides of the channel.

Then again I don't look like a Somalian refugee.
>>
>>1246496
No way, you will not make Europe home.
>>
Whats the problem here. They dont even ask the passport anywhere inside Schengen. If you are White no1 will know have you stayed 90 days or not?
>>
File: 1479139871281.png (2MB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1479139871281.png
2MB, 1024x1365px
>>1246496
I recall a common state uttered when people consider Australia for a trip.. What was it again? Oh yeah.. fuck off, we're full.
>>
>>1247578
There is this thing called and entry stamp. Upon exiting Schengen, the border guards are likely to look for it. If they do, they will notice you have overstayed. In which case you can potentially get into serious doodoo.
>>
They might ask to see your ticket back. It happend to a friend of mine and he was an idiot who booked one day after the visa expired and the airline company wouln't let him board the plane. So instead he had to quickly buy an extra return ticket and get on.
>>
>>1247644
A-anyone else think she's kind of qt?
>>
>>1247726
Yes, I love kangaroos
>>
>>1247728
Kek.
>>
There's a loophole as long as you don't fly into a Scandinavian country. 90 days in Schengen and 90 days in Scandinavia. They'll still give you shit when you leave because almost no one knows about it, but it's a thing
>>
>>1247475
>will get away with it.
>I'm a Eurofag.

You may get away with it because you are a Eurofag. OP is from the other side of the world. They might not even let him in.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.