[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Germany and Austria

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: GBGA_WIN_MAP_WW_17-1.jpg (650KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
GBGA_WIN_MAP_WW_17-1.jpg
650KB, 600x500px
A friend and I were thinking of travelling through Germany + Austria for 10 days or so. We were especially trying to visit Munich, Salzburg, and Vienna. Anyone been to these 3 areas recently? We haven't ever been, we mostly are interested in seeing architecture/museums/history/art stuff rather than any nightlife. Any recommendations are appreciated
>>
Was in Salzburg on a daytrip from Munich when I was 15 or 16. If feels like a fairytale or something.
Go to Dachau concentration camp if you're from US/UK.
There's a 200m radio tower in the olympic stadium where you can see the entire city. For students its only around 2 euro.
>>
>>1245174

Thanks for the response man. How'd you generally find Munich as a city btw?
>>
>>1245174
yes goy, go spend your hard earned dollars to visit a labor camp, it will do you good! don't forget to eat delicious kebap afterwards
>>
>>1245166
Dude from Salzburg here. Salzburg has quite a neat amount of stuff to look at. There's the castle Festung Hohensalzburg and a couple of museums, theaters and the dome. All kinda neat.
There's also a really nice little city which has a really cool medieval flare and relatively few annoying tourists called Laufen which you can reach relatively easily with the train/bike. It's not big but enough for a afternoon visit.
Mind you that there is a crap ton of tourists the further you go into the city, mostly asian people. If you don't have a problem with that you also should go to the Getreidegasse in the Altstadt, that's where Mozarts Birthhome or whatever it's called in english is.
I personally dislike Vienna. But if you go there you should go to the parliament and the stephansdom.
>>
Rent a car in Salzburg and drive to Fucking. It's close by. Take a picture of the town sign and post it on your fb.
>>
I live in the Rhön region about 70 km north, but I know a few people in Würzburg. You should definitely visit the residence and the fortress of Marienberg.
>>
File: bamberg.jpg (2MB, 2559x1446px) Image search: [Google]
bamberg.jpg
2MB, 2559x1446px
>>1245166
Where are you coming from/landing?
If you arrive in Frankfurt then go to Würzburg and Bamberg for two days, then Nuremberg. Take as long as you like and do a day trip to Rothenburg.
Then Munich with a day trip to Salzburg and maybe the alps?
Go to Vienna and spend several days there.

Skip Würzburg, Rothenburg or the Alps if it doesnt fit in your schedule. Have fun.
>>
>>1245440
Also there are a lot of smaller cities like Passau between Munich and Vienna. If you travel by train or car, you can take a break while there.
>>
>>1245179
>I personally dislike Vienna.

I'm an uber-pleb but Vienna impressed me man. The city has a kind of imperial grandeur to it that you can't find really anywhere else. Pretty much peerless in Europe as far as architecture is concerned.
>>
>>1245177
KZs are for free in austria and germany
>>
If you're interested in history and culture, you can definitely spend 3 or 4 days in Vienna. Get the Vienna Pass (I think it's called that) which covers admission to virtually all major attractions. There's a hell of a lot to see and you can absolutely fill up 4 days with museums and palaces.

And any mention of Vienna requires a mention of FKK Golden Time.
>>
I really dug the whole Rhein/Moselle area. Lots of nice little small towns. There is a hostel/guesthouse in a castle in Braubach. Cologne is dope for its mix of culture, food, and nightlife. Koblenz is pretty chilled out and has the Old Town that all the guidebooks will tell you about. The Moselle in the summer months usually has loads of wine festivals with shitty jazz music and cheap booze. There is good hiking in around there and the bike riding is also good.
>>
>>1245166

OP here, thanks for all the suggestions people, it's helped a lot. Feel free to keep posting lol, I think right now we'll be spending 3 days in Munich and 3 in Vienna too with a briefer interlude for Salzburg (which is conveniently in-between the 2 cities and is easily accessible by train).
>>
>>1245538
also, is there any specific food or beer I should get in Germany or Austria? I'm assuming they have good beer and sausages and schnapps
>>
i'm not OP but i'm considering a trip to germany as well. only thing i'm set on doing is driving the nordschleife. how's the metal scene in germany? i want to mosh with euro trash
>>
>>1245177
it's painfully obvious that snowflake libtards Obama muslim bad hombres. Hillary's emails. Cuck.

And now, that we have heard everything from you: fuck off from trv.
>>
>>1245542
You need to go to wacken festival:

http://www.wacken.com/de/

Must be one of the best metal festivals.
Thousands of metalheads in a small village, only heard fum stories.
>>
>>1245540

Austria has delicious cakes, definitely try the strudels - they make the pastry so thin and delicate, I've never been able to find a strudel like that (and can't even bake a normal strudel, let alone something comparable to what they make there...)

Definitely try the Vienna Schnitzel, it's made from real veal and hammered until it's incredibly thin. Schnitzel is a simple dish but the Vienna Schnitzel is just unbelievable.

Germany has great food, it's not good in the 'fancy' way though. When I went, I stayed in farmhouses and little inns most of the time. It was great, because the milk was creamy and fresh, we had a 'farmer's breakfast' every morning - lots of delicious bread (with a bite, with grains and seeds added in) with cold cuts and liverwurst. That was the best, those breakfasts.

I think in Germany, you'll find great memories in the little things. There are sausage stalls on every street corner, where you can buy currywurst - crispy, a little spicy, a little sweet, with hot chips and mayo - or if you're feeling chilly, some ham and pea soup or gulasch soup with toasted bread.

Yeah it's all about the bread.

And you're right about the beer. I didn't have any in Austria, didn't stay there long, but Germany really does have great beer - the wheatbeers are beautiful. The only downside to the beer purity laws in Germany is that they only really permit a couple of ingredients - if a beer has anything apart from water, hops, malt and barley it doesn't get that tick of approval.

So even if they all taste good, I guess you could say they're not as varied or fun as you'd find in other countries.

Anyway best of luck! Germany and Austria are honestly some of the best places to go to please your palate.
>>
>>1245610
i'm mullato but american, i look vaguely latin, would there be any problems?
>>
>>1245631
Yes. You will be sent straight to Auschwitz/Oświęcim.
>>
File: erika.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
erika.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>1245631
Only blacks and Arabs may get more repercussions, if it looks like they cause any kind of problem. Nobody will care for you though.

>>1245646
You ruined ze surprise!
>>
>>1245166
Stay in cologne for as long as you can. read the wikipedia article about the citys history. It's truely amazing
>>
>>1245654
Cologne is very boring actually.
Theres the Dom, the Germanic-Roman museum and thats about it.
>>
>>1245713
I really wanted to go to Cologne until I heard about what happened on NYE, they seem to lack morals!
>>
>>1245631
:D

Seems like you gonna have more problems with being autistic if you ask such questions.
>>
>>1245721
>tunesian monkeys grab girls
>lack morals

Yeah, 100% logical.

But since you sound like a moral-fag, you should not go ar all.
Especially during carnival, would be to much for you.
>>
>>1245166
I live in Munich, it's pretty nice. Great during summer if you can stand the heat.
In terms of museums/history/art stuff it's amazing
Architecture as well probably, haven't really looked out for that though.
>>
File: FilloPkg_FrontView_2014.png (146KB, 552x247px) Image search: [Google]
FilloPkg_FrontView_2014.png
146KB, 552x247px
>>1245629
>they make the pastry so thin and delicate, I've never been able to find a strudel like that
The best substitute for Austrian Strudelteig you can find abroad is fillo dough.
>>
Studying abroad in vienna right now. Beautiful stuff. Make sure to visit "Schnitzelhaus" in Neubaugasse 52 while you are here. The "Wienershnitzl" there will blow your mind.
Also try some "Apfelstrudel" with "Shlag" you cant even compare it with american apple pie.
>>
>>1247002
>"Schnitzelwirt" in Neubaugasse 52
Be sure to go hungry
>>
Studying in Leipzig for 6 weeks. Have weekends off ans then 9 days at the end before returning home.
Currently plans are Warsaw, Munich and Chernobyl. Need more, maybe less in Germany bc I'll be living there, flying into Berlin and out of Frankfurt.
>>
>>1245540
In Austria you should try:
# Blunzngröstl
# basically anything meat based

Desserts :
# Sachertorte
# Apfel Strudel

You can use TripAdvisor to find restaurants
My recommendation for Vienna:
# Siebensternbräu ( a microbrewery)
# Artner ( they have their own farm)
# Brezl Gwölb ( unique setting)
All of them you should reserve a table.

You must visit a Viennese café :
# Café Landtmann
# Café Central ( prepare to queue)
>>
>>1247002 >>1247032

Schnitzelwirt is fucking tourist dogshit. Search for articles where to eat the best schnitzel and go to one of those places. Probably most of you Americans will end up eating Wiener "Schnitzel" made from chicken or pig kek
>>
>>1247652
Zu den drei Hacken work for you? I've had good ones there.
>>
>>1245166
When starting from Munich, buy a Bayern-Ticket. It is much more cheaper than a regular fare, you can include up to 4 passengers and it is valid until Salzburg.

Salzburg has a castle and those Sound-of-Music tours for americans.

For traveling to Vienna just take the 3,5h train (ÖBB or Westbahn) or - if on a budget - a flexibus.

Vienna is a large city so use 1,3,5,x cards for public transport. Since it is one of Europes oldest capitals, there is a lot to see, so better check out sights beforehand.

Close to Vienna is Bratislava (Pressburg) the capital of Slovakia (1h) or Brno an old czech City.
>>
>>1247437
Franconia is really nice and close. So is Dresden
>>
>>1245480
>Goldentime
Yeah if you like hanging out with brown wannabe gangsters
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.