[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long do you normally arrive before a domestic flight? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: spicejet-flight-e1358193704453.jpg (44KB, 657x302px) Image search: [Google]
spicejet-flight-e1358193704453.jpg
44KB, 657x302px
How long do you normally arrive before a domestic flight?

I know 90 minutes is recommended, but what if I don't have any checked luggage?

I feel pretty stupid for asking this question, because I fly fairly often. However, I'm used to immediately setting off for an international destination rather than connecting in the United States.

On Monday, I have to take an airport connection bus. It leaves at 4:30am and arrives to the airport at 6:05am. My flight is at 7:30am. Do you think that's enough time for a domestic connection? The alternative is leaving at 2:30am and arriving at 4:30am, followed by a flight and six hour connection.

What do? Bus company says it has a 98% on-time rate, and I've used them lots before without problems.
>>
>>1244706
That's plenty of time because you'll skip rush hour traffic at that time of morning. If you can check-in online at home and print out your ticket or use an electronic ticket on your phone then you'll absolutely breeze through.
>>
>>1244706
>How long do you normally arrive before a domestic flight?
I like to arrive at least an hour before. If security is quick, I don't mind killing time in an airport. Your 6:05 arrival for a 7:30 flight seems just fine to me, particularly, as noted above, if you're already checked in and don't have baggage to check.

My wife likes to cut things closer than I do--She prefers to arrive at the airport no more than an hour ahead of time. She's often even closer than that. And she's never missed a flight.
>>
Keep in mind that the doors to the plane close earlier ten the departure time, of course.

And me, I like a little cushion in case traffic, security lines, a flat tire, and all that...
>>
>>1244706
yes that's enough time
>>
>>1244706
About 3 hours, so I can have 2 hours in the bar.

You'll be fine with your timings,OP.
>>
>>1244706
Depends on the airport, if you already have your boarding pass, and time of day (around early AM. noon, and around 5 TSA lines can get long.

90 should be more than enough time, but if you have a ticketing issue or some other complexity that the airline agent cant solve, 60 can cut it close.

better safe than sorry.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.