[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the deal with the 2x2 photo that I have to have when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3180.png (344KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3180.png
344KB, 600x420px
What's the deal with the 2x2 photo that I have to have when I apply for a new passport? Can I pay them to take one at the post office or can I easily make one at home? I don't have a color printer or anything.
>>
Go to any walmart/CVS/Walgreens and they will do it for you for $20. It's shitty but much better than getting delayed because you tried to take the photo with your phone.
>>
>>1244223
I was reading about doing it at cvs. I wouldn't mind running by today and doing it. Will having hat hair or anything impact my photo? I know the govt is pretty crazy about their passport specifications
>>
>>1244225
The pic can be absolute shit, as long as it is identifiable as you, you are good to go.

My wife's pic is so over-exposed I expected them to have rejected it, but they accepted it and nobody worries about it when she travels.

ID pics are proverbially bad.
>>
>>1244236
Cool. Thanks anon.
>>
>>1244236
Only partially true. Me and my wife both submitted renewals at the same time. Her pic looked fine mine was out of focus as fuck, mine was accepted and hers was rejected because "the picture was not centered ". It looked fine to me.

>by the way, my passport has never had my middle name on it even though I included it when I applid the first time, is this a big deal.

It just says ANON ANON rather than ANON ANON ANON
>>
File: IMG_3181.jpg (747KB, 3024x2633px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3181.jpg
747KB, 3024x2633px
Went to a drug store and they were able to take a pretty alright picture. I have been wearing a hat all day so my hair is shit but it's okay. Was only $7 for two copies
>>
You can do it at home. Just get gloss paper
>>
>>1244221
What everyone else said, or just search online for passport photos near you and there will be plenty of places, unless you live in the woods or something.

I just went to the Seattle passport office on Monday of last week, paid the $60 expediting fee and showed them proof of travel. My passport was in my mailbox when I came home from camping that weekend on Sunday.
>>
>>1244419
I was trying to travel by the end of May. Is going to a passport office much faster than going to a post office? I already planned on doing expedited.
>>
>>1244443
Well you have to go to the passport office either way unless you are renewing (which you can do by mail). The Post Office just takes passport compliant photos, unless I am out of the loop.

I went to some local photography place that does the pics, made an appointment at the passport office, took all my necessary documentation (I brought ID, birth certificate, SSN card, proof of travel, pics) and paid the fees there. That was on April 24th, the passport was in my mailbox on the 29th.
>>
>>1244452
Oh, and I didn't need my SSN card, I just brought it just in case.
>>
>>1244452
From the research that I've done in the past week or so it seems that there's two places to get a passport

>certified post offices
Just a basic post office that is certified in fulfilling passports. From my understanding, it takes an extra week or so and you have to pay for them to ship it to you. Not all post offices are able to give passports

>passport agencies
These are for big cities. Appointments required and all. I think these places allow people to get passports within a few hours. Say, your passport expired and your mom who lives in Germany is dying. They'll get you one in like 3 hours.
>>
>>1244460
Well if that's the case, I don't know how long the PO takes.

Yea, there are different levels of expediency depending on your situation. For me, I'm just taking a vacation so they needed proof of travel to see how soon I needed it (I fly out on the 19th of May). If you aren't broke as hell, I would really consider paying the extra to make sure you get it on time. Piece of mind is a nice thing to have.
>>
if you have a costco membership, they do them there for $5
>>
>>1244225
>Will having hat hair or anything impact my photo?
If you're paying money to have your passport photos done, generally they will do everything in their power to do it right.

One time I was wearing light-colored clothing, and the photographer actually told me to put on something darker so that my shoulders are visible. Basically he knew his shit, so that I won't give him shit later.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (43KB, 470x626px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
43KB, 470x626px
>>1244290
>>
>>1244870
$6.99 in Canada, which when converted to real money, is $5.10 USD.

Fucking leaf-Costco literally nickel-and-diming us.
>>
>get my passport
>don't use it for years
>gain a decent amount of weight but also facial and hair changes because I got it at 18 and didn't use it until 23
>get asked for extra Id or they just look at it forever.
>get called out of buses while traveling Europe.
It's kind of embarrassing how hard is it to change your photo?
>>
>>1245019
Don't bother. Generally speaking, it's not worth it to fuck around with passports for superficial reasons.

It's nothing to be embarrassed about. In my country, passports are good for up to 10 years. Ten fucking years. That's more than enough time for a person to change appearance.

You're gonna have the same problem for at least a few decades.

Your current passport photo was taken when you were a teenager. Now you're in your 20s. Of course you're going to look very different now.

You will also look very different when you're in your 30s. Then your 40s. It probably won't be until your 50s when your change in appearance becomes negligible.

tl;dr don't try to solve a problem that you're going to continue to have for another couple decades
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.