[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Havana Cuba

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: Havana-Cuba.jpg (182KB, 640x381px) Image search: [Google]
Havana-Cuba.jpg
182KB, 640x381px
Hey all. I will be traveling to Cuba (from USA) soon with 3 other guy friends. Anyone have any good ideas/suggestions for places to stay in Havana? In the past I have used hostelworld app to look up backpacker hostels when traveling, but I do not see much for this so far in Cuba. Has anyone here stayed with a guest family and have anything to share about it?

Also, general tips for USA folk traveling to Cuba, since I know this is a relatively new option for us.
>>
Why would you go to Cuba? What a terrible idea
>>
>>1243583
Cuba is shit my friend
>>
>>1243583
Wikitravel is a pretty good resource for finding places to stay. that's what i used when traveling Iran and none of the booking sites had accommodation options. Sometimes it's out of date so if there isn't a link to an external website and just an email address confirm prices before making a booking.
>>
>>1243583
Havana has a thousand casa particulars.. they will hound you to go stay with them.. hound you to go eat at their restaurant. Go check out a few casas before deciding on one.. Some are much nicer than others.. dont bother with looking online for shit, its Cuba after all
>>
>>1243908
Pretty much this, I didn't enjoy my visit too much because the pushy desperation was completely ridiculous, and I say this as someone who primarily travels in the developing world (i.e., poor places). Cuba is the only place I've been where it felt like literally everyone was looking at me like a walking cash register. If I do it again I'll probably do a group tour, there's stuff I still want to see, and it's not the people, I can tell you that.
>>
>>1243914
>Cuba is the only place I've been where it felt like literally everyone was looking at me like a walking cash register....

Then you haven't traveled much, and / or aren't white.

OP, if you're a bunch of white dudes, you should take that into consideration when going to places like Cuba, or any other poor ass place, as it ruins the trip.

My advice: go someplace nice that has western standards of living, like the Caymans.

Luck, regardless.
>>
File: Sex-and-the-City-2.jpg (147KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Sex-and-the-City-2.jpg
147KB, 1024x683px
>>1243935
I forgot what a shit board this is
>>
>>1243583
it annoys me that more people are going to Cuba now. Not because I'm one of those dickheads who enjoys things less because other people like it too. Cuba is not really a tourist destination. The only thing Havana has is it's a great place to just wonder around and take everything in. There's no theme parks or party strips or even a local delicacy, they're poor after all. The only reason to go to Havana is if you want to look at a few only buildings, chat to locals, talk about old cars, try the ice cream at Coppelia and realise it's just average ice cream
>>
I went to Cuba when I was a lad so I don't know anything about places to live 'cause I stayed with friends who lived there, but if a local gives you some money don't just walk off with it.

Cuba has two currencies: one for locals and one for tourists. The tourist peso is pinned to the US dollar, so it's obviously more valuable. If a local gives you some money, give him an "equal" amount of pesos. You get a souvenir and his kids get to eat dinner.

Don't get your photo taken with a man dressed as a revolutionary smoking two cigars taped together. He'll charge you thirty pesos and you'll be arrested if you don't.
>>
>>1243971

Why, because the truth hurts your feelings?

Egypt had a tourist police detachment back in the day that used to do nothing but chase off all the local beggars and merchants that used to swarm around the white tourists like flies at the pyramids / sphyinx. If you're white, you're essentially a walking cash machine to a lot of those people, as that other anon pointed out, and some people just don't want to deal with that shit.

That's why I made that recommendation, and why I stand by it.
>>
>>1243977
Because it's full of poseurs like you. Of course, most boards are like this now. Overrun with people who think "oh it's 4chan so everyone here must be a teenager with no life experience, just dying for my hardened jaded perspective". It's the worst on slow boards because one shitposter like you can really skew the signal to noise ratio

There are countries that are notorious for aggressive touts (Egypt and India in particular) but aside from those rare exceptions it's usually possible to travel in poor countries without being hounded. You obviously went to Egypt and had a bad time, so sorry, but that isn't the norm, even in poor countries, and this is why Cuba stands out
>>
>>1243982
>gets butthurt about somebody telling the truth

Whose the poseur here?

It's not me, sunshine.

Regardless, OP, skip Cuba and go the Caymans and spend your money on a dive / snorkel trip. You'd have a much better time, and won't have to put up with the s-hole that is Cuba.
>>
>>1243984
*Who's
>>
>>1243984
>Whose the poseur here
You. Anyone who has been to the rest of Latin America would agree with me.
>>
Fact is Cuba is nowhere as bad for hounding as most poor places. Tunisia is the worst I've experienced. Whites will be vastly overcharged for everything though. A local tried to charge me 5x as normal for a cup of flavoured ice water, even though my friend who is born and raised Cuban asked for me. Same goes for taxis, food any most other things.
>>
File: autist outburst.png (575KB, 834x445px) Image search: [Google]
autist outburst.png
575KB, 834x445px
>>1243986

Sure, anon.

Sure.
>>
>>1244002
>"autism"
>reaction images
Signs you've lost a 4chan argument
>>
>>1244007
>repeatedly denying factual events like an autist

Signs you've never actually been capable of any reasonable argument
>>
File: 1387758883032.jpg (470KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1387758883032.jpg
470KB, 768x1024px
>>1244021
Cuck cuck cuck, nigger nigger, go back to rebbit

Is this more your speed?
>>
>>1243973
I disagree, Cuba's nightlife can be great.. the music clubs are fucking top notch. Outside Havana there are many places of interest.. Baracoa, Trinidad, Vinales..
>>
OP here, thanks for feedbacks.

>>1243908
Ok, I will most likely end up in one of these casas with 3 guy friends).

>>1243607
>>1243914
>>1243973
Yes I understand Cuba is a poor country, but I can handle that. I spent a few months in India, and I spent a few weeks in Thailand. So I have seen the begging and the scamming. I still would like to get the flavor of Cuba in spite of that.

>>1244034
Yeah! I actually started taking salsa dance classes in the weeks leading up to my trip, and I am real excited to experience the Cuban salsa nightlife scene. I have heard they go hard.
>>
File: 1488432990299.gif (884KB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
1488432990299.gif
884KB, 245x150px
>>1243971

The whole site is shit to be quite honest ever since "the redpill" happened.

Now redneck pantshitters inhabit every board pushing regressive, impossible, cruel bullshit even on boards that have nothing to do with politics.

Stop for a minute and think what that means.

There's a greater than 50% chance the idiot above or below you sincerely believes Donald Dumbfuck deserved to beat Hillary. They unironically believe a gross, inept, stunningly unqualified orange shitgibbon is doing a better job than one of the smartest and well prepared women in the world. They literally think the world is better off with a brain damaged sign language gorilla at the helm than with woman who studied for this her entire life and who had decades of direct experience.

Don't take this site seriously. Please, for your own safety, just remember where you are and how fucking dumb this place actually is.
>>
>>1244948
Hilldog, is that you? Shat your pantsuit again? Need me to run to the store for more adult DependsĀ®? Yes, yes, don't worry -- I'll get the large size this time. With your head up your ass you need the extra room.
>>
>>1244948
Is that copypasta? It is fkn brilliantly written in any case.

Especially seen as a counterpoint to this here mouth-breather.
>>1244951
>>
>>1244948
>deserved
It was her time, wasn't it, cucky?

Life is just so unfair!
>>
File: 1492314479410.jpg (64KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492314479410.jpg
64KB, 480x480px
>>1245156

Cucky? Oh, fuck!

Again.

No, really. I was almost cumming, babydick.

Because nothing gets me hotter than a Doritos lipped far right fucktard whispering the big c word with his usual dose of kneejerk derision and bewilderment.

Please. Again, little cuck.

I need to hear the short, guttural world containing all your deeply repressed fetishes to stroke myself off to a happy place where dumb Donald is still just a court jester faggot on Twitter,and not the POTUS with the power to ruin billions.
>>
>>1245290
You bitch and moan about off-topic posts, and then you engage in exactly the same behavior you're complaining about. While misery loves company, you're better off looking for it elsewhere -- there are plenty of better sites for butthurt sore losers to flaunt their hypocrisy. Please go to one of those.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.