[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a cross country trip in the USA. Should I take a train

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1395858309000-amtrak2.jpg (29KB, 358x480px) Image search: [Google]
1395858309000-amtrak2.jpg
29KB, 358x480px
I have a cross country trip in the USA. Should I take a train or plane? Which is actually safer?
>>
>>1242835
Look OP, there are a handful of "scenic trains" routes in small specifically scenic sections of the US railway system with great vistas (and not warehouses that usually surround tracks that people don't want to live next to and so didn't), and otherwise, trains are stupidly inferior to planes. Only the good routes have nice seats, nice clientele, business commuters, vacationing wealthy retirees, etc.

Just get on a nonstop flight and be done with it. It will be cheaper, and yes, safer.

If you want an old timey train experience, tell us where you're willing to stop, and train it from there, and someone can suggest a portion of the colorado river, like SLC to Denver on the Silver Zephyr or maybe something sensible like the overnight with dinner/wine/movie and giant seats on the Auto Train from Orlando to DC
>>
>>1242835
I highly recommend taking Greyhound buses, it's the only way to get an authentic American experience.
>>
>>1242842
24x cosmic radiation is anything but safe
>>
>>1242848
if you like screeching mexican children and cheeto dust seats
>>
>>1242848
This!
>>
>>1242848
Only if you're moving bricks
>>
Trains in the US are miserable. I had a better time on the railroads of Pakistan and India where the structures are falling apart because the rail companies lack the funds and human capital. Stepping into a train stn in the US is like 1980s Depressing Eastern Bloc Country Rail Simulator.
Take the plane and suffer the security theater.
>>
>>1242848
I had my first kiss and my first make out session with my fiancée in a Greyhound, I will always have fond memories of Greyhound because of that, no matter how much shit people talk about it
>>
>>1242852
epic meme

Flight attendands actually have a higher life expectancy than the average population and are healthy, I believe the only exception is that a lot of them have HIV for some reason
>>
>>1244095
>meme

Cosmic radiation causes cancer
>>
Trains and buses in America are as safe as brazil and as technologically advanced as 1980s USSR
>>
>>1242854
El pulvo Dorito
>>
>>1244579
Everything causes cancer.

Sure, cosmic radiation is something you don't want to have a ton of -- but what you get on a plane trip is so negligible as to be not worth worrying about.

It's like saying 'Rocks are heavy and if they fall on you, it can rush you!" Which is true for a ton of them, not as worrisome for a half-ounce.
>>
File: 1454091991373.jpg (25KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1454091991373.jpg
25KB, 720x540px
>>1244579
>yfw you realize sunlight is cosmic radiation
>>
>>1244655
>everything causes cancer

Wrong.
>>
>>1244655
Taking a plane is definitely safer than a train. Diesel fumes are way more dangerous than some increased cosmic radiation. The plane is an infinitely faster and less shit transportation anyway. Never take a train unless you're going a short distance
>>
>>1242852
People fly literally multiple times a week for decades and are fine. If a single flight scares you, like this is really the thing in life that annoys you, then you have life in the bag because you are scared of insignificant bullshit that will do nothing to you.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.