[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vaccinations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: autprick.jpg (50KB, 900x450px) Image search: [Google]
autprick.jpg
50KB, 900x450px
White, Europe, Male. I'm preparing to go to Asia and some of South America next year, so am getting ready with all the vaccinations while I've got some time.

Are there any you'd recommend getting in general or you'd wish you'd have got? Already looking at Hep A, B and Yellow Fever.
>>
Don't come to a cartoon imageboard for medical advice.
>>
>>1241709
Recommended:
Hep A
>>1241709
Yellow Fewer
Tetanus booster (if the last shot was about 10 years ago or you don't remember)
Worth it anyway but not especially needed:
Hep B
remember if you fuck around, always wear a condom !!!

If you plan to go way off the beaten part into really rural areas or plan to do some workaway what ever shit away from the centers:
Japanese encephalitis
Typhoid

>>1241713
>there're no MD's lurking and shitposting on 4chin
m8...
>>
File: 1484596228833.jpg (67KB, 800x557px) Image search: [Google]
1484596228833.jpg
67KB, 800x557px
>>1241719
Thank you. Condoms are lifesavers.

>>1241713
Fuck you.
>>
>>1241709
Yellow fever vaccination certificate is theoretically mandatory to enter Bolivia, although mine was never requested. So that's a must have just in case. Get as many Hep vaccinations as are available, and consider Japanese Encephalitis--the risk of JE is actually very small, but the disease is awful enough that you want to avoid it.
>>
For certain Asian countries, particularly India and neighboring states, I'd consider getting a shot against rabies.

It's a very unlikely disease to get but it's also 100% likely to kill you, and it's a horrible, horrible way to die.
>>
>>1241785
Rabies is a shot you get after a bite and the reason you get travel insurance.

Yes you will feel miserable for a few days, just like taking malaria meds after a potential bite but it will work and is not a death sentence.
>>
>>1241793
>Rabies is a shot you get after a bite and the reason you get travel insurance.
This. You don't want a ridiculous amount of vaccinations that carry an element of side effects. This one has a higher risk of allergic reaction and side effects, some even say it's 50%.

Unless you are somehow working with animals like research in bat caves or at a monkey rehab center, or riding a moped in one of those known for wild street dogs, people rarely get rabies vaccinated because it's not too healthy for you. Are you an animal worker? It's meant for high risk professions, not routine travel. Instead, you simply need to be able to immediately interrupt your travel and seek the treatment back home. Good travel insurance and a chunk of savings is key to that.

I know someone in D.C. who had rabies treatment. Left the bedroom window open at night, kind of had a surreal dream of a bat on their hand, but, two days later, a roommate found a bat in the house that was shoo'd out with a broom out the window, and there was actual known rabies in the area, so yea, person had to get a series of treatments to be safe.
>>
>>1241719
If you were planning on staying up to five years, South China and fuck around without condom (make a gf or whatnot). Also add traveling to nearby cities and villages.

Would your list change? Add rabies shot?

Not op. Been here some months and only had Japanese encephalitis shot so far.
>>
>>1241713
this, we don't work for free you know
>>
I got me a Hep B vac just because I like bbbj.
The rest is really optional because low risk (like yellow fever) or low damage (like Hep A).
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.