[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is turkey for travel atm? Flight + hotel packages for alanya

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Alanya-120.jpg (81KB, 920x506px) Image search: [Google]
Alanya-120.jpg
81KB, 920x506px
How is turkey for travel atm? Flight + hotel packages for alanya are really cheap now, is it just a tourist hellhole?
>>
>>1240287
Perfectly safe, stay away from the South-East and you have nothing to worry about.
Alanya is nice but very touristy.
>>
>>1240287
If you're not a journalist and not someone Erdogan doesn't like (Gülen movement) you should be fine.
>>
>>1240287
I like Turkey but assume everybody is trying to scam you because they are. Every merchant will short change you, inflate prices or "accidentally" change the price from Liras to Euros while Mehmet distracts you hoping you don't notice as you pay with a card. Later when you try and dispute the charge they'll keep sending fake paperwork to the credit card company. Every restaurant you go to there will be extra drinks and shit added to the bill. If you say "I didn't order these" a corrupt cop on the bar/club/hotel payroll magically appears who insists you pay. Then there's all the scammers who try and get you to go for a drink to "a great place I know" which is a classic scam done all over the world but in Turkey the police are part of the scam http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/details/Safety/SingleMaleScams.html

Finally when you leave the country you will be scammed again when the police claim the knockoff trinkets in your bag are "historic artifacts" and try and charge you with smuggling, saying you need to pay them 1000 Euro fine or go to jail. If you buy anything there ship it home yourself with the receipt included don't go through the airport with it. This is a common scam as agents can label anything they want 'artifacts' http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-turkish-prison-chicago-vacation-met-20150306-story.html

Turkey's a great place but would be better if Erdogan stopped all the scamming by corrupt cops and merchants after he becomes dictator for life
>>
File: 1427157083821.jpg (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1427157083821.jpg
75KB, 800x600px
thanks guise
>>
>>1240287
Of course it's more risky than going to Italy for example, but should still be pretty safe. Of course it can change quickly (see what happened to Tunisia)
>>
>>1241138
Oh for fucks sake, this post again? Every time there's thread on developing country, someone has to chime in with scam post. Protip: Have some common sense and you will have pleasant experience.
>>
>>1241093
but my airport is at the south east :L SAW airport
>>
been to istanbul

food there is on another level because of how good the quality of it is..

very clean city

only downside is you gota do touristy stuff away from rush hours.
>>
>>1241631
He means stay away from South East Turkey, not SE Istanbul - he means the Kurdish areas and parts near the Syrian border.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.