[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your experiences of getting lost somewhere while traveling?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 2017-04-21-16-39-26.jpg (985KB, 1600x1532px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-21-16-39-26.jpg
985KB, 1600x1532px
What are your experiences of getting lost somewhere while traveling?

Pic related is me slav squatting in the woods near sofia (bulgaria). It was beatiful
>>
File: IMG_20170418_131430481.jpg (3MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170418_131430481.jpg
3MB, 1836x3264px
>>1239918
Another pic
>>
>>1239918
I got lost in Finland for 10 hours without any money.
Walked the whole time.
Was pretty cool though.
It was nice seeing some of the local lower socio-economic people. Where I'm from they're called bogans and, as it turns out, they act the same.
Also I saw three Finnish girls with the phattest, thicc, pawg butts ever.
>>
>>1239940
Finnish girls are so fucking ugly. I don't think I can think of a country with uglier girls. Big, chunky faces and ugly skin
>>
>>1239960
Met a finnish girl once and she was hot af.
>>
>>1239918
The (((eternal anglo))) strikes again.
Did you meet a BG guy from 4chan?

Because if you did, it was me.
>>
>>1239918
My sister studies russian at uni
mfw she came back from 6 months there and told me that squatting slavs is actually a thing and they have a word for them (carnt remember it)
>>
>>1240024
Gopnik?
>>
I got lost hiking the GR 20 on Corsica a couple of years ago.
Took a realtravelerâ„¢ alternative path for a section of the trail, an old shortcut, formerly part of the normal route. Little did I know, the path turned out to be completely abandoned. Everything overgrown as fuck, no discernable trail at all, barely any way markings, not a single other traveler. I kept walking somewhat aimlessly for hours on end until I lost every sense of orientation. I had run out of water at that point. I was legitimately scared of dying of thirst. It was so bad that I forced myself to fetch some water from a dirty puddle of a dried-out river. Looked and tasted like shit, will never forget the taste. By far the most disgusting thing I've ever consumed.

I eventually bruteforced my way across a mountain peak back to the normal route. I was insanely happy to reach the refuge just before nightfall but man it was an awful fucking day.
>>
>>1240035
Sounds like a really scary, but at the same time really interesting scenario. thx for sharing
>>
>>1239918
I'm going wandering in Kyrgyzstan without a map.
I'd say my chances are pretty good.
>>
>>1240035
>fetch some water from a dirty puddle of a dried-out river
never do that
That shit can literally kill you.
>>
Nothing fun here, but I want to take the opportunity to thank my mom.

We go hiking a lot with a friend of mine, only for a couple of dozen kilometers max., something that is hard, but can be done within a day.

Now... When we were still living with our parents, we would obviously tell them about the routes. My friend would have the latest map of the mountains, but my mom insisted we bring hers, too. She only has maps from the sixties-seventies. Anyway, I tucked the old map in just to make my mom shut up.

We keep on following the signs in the forest, everything is fine for the first 6-8 km or so... But then the signage seems to lead nowhere, it's just a dark and cold one-way path in a valley. We keep on going back and forth, to the path that still looked okay, trying to find another path that leads away from that cold valley... The map does not match with what we see at all, that one-way path and the valley is not there at all. We don't want to go back where we started from, and we are bored of going back and forth for an hour, so we take out the old map.....which apparently has all the random paths and valleys listed just like we see it. So we manage to find our way around the area based on the old-ass map. I forgot to tell my mom later that day, but ever since then, my friend always reminds me to bring one of those sixties maps. My mom is happy, we don't get lost. Since then we have GPS systems and everything, but those old ones never ever failed us, so it's good to have.

Also the good old 'look at the sun' is helpful sometimes. Like we were at Tianmenshan once, where we wanted to walk around in one specific direction (there is a circular path). The signs pointed to 'West', we wanted to go West... But it was the morning, and the sun was rising from that direction. Turns our they mixed up all the translations of East and West in most of the English signs, the Chinese signs were good. We only noticed cause it was a sunny day...
>>
i once was hiking near mar saba in palestine and i somewhat lost the trail so instead i saw a hill and decided to climb it and on top of it were some abandoned bedoiun posts, took a rest there and then continued on the road from there where i saw some bedouins that invited me for lunch and tea, they liked my hat so i gave it to them as a way of saying thanks for the invitation.
Once in kyrgyzstan i was hiking in jeti ogus national park and started raining like a motherfucker with hail, so some locals with a car saw me getting drenched in the rain and decided to pick me up with them to go to their hut where they rent yurts for tourists, after drinking coffee with them they gave me a plov dish and we started talking about our families, good times.
>>
>>1239960
This.

They're also really autistic unless drunk.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.