[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poland thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: krakow.jpg (83KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
krakow.jpg
83KB, 1280x600px
Planning to go to Krakow in about a month, anyone got any tips?
How much should I budget a day to live comfortably on top of accommodation (I'll be staying in 10 euro hostels)
Any weird shit I should keep an eye out for?
Any specific tourist traps I should make sure to avoid?

Since this is pretty specific I'll make this a Poland general
>>
Krakow is a really nice city, have fun! Eat Pirogi, dring beer, visit the old jewish part of the city.

And stop being afraid of everything. Poland is not Russia in 1991.
>>
>>1239109
I stayed in hotel wentzel. Perfect location. One of my favorite European cities.
>>
>>1239111
I'm not afraid I just don't want to waste time doing something not worth it

>>1239123
>hotel

I wish, going for a cheap one here
>>
>>1239109
>budget
In addition to your 10 euro hostel, I'd say anywhere between 4-10 for food, depending on whether you'll cook or eat out. 5-10 for entry fees and such. Bus tickets are a euro a pop, beer should run you around 0,7-2 store bought and 2-4 in pubs.
>Any specific tourist traps I should make sure to avoid?
Yeah, don't follow groups of flirty girls who take sudden interest in you and insist on dragging you to an empty club with intimidating bouncers and no visible price list. It's common sense, but apparently there's enough retarded chavs out there for every scammer to make a living.
>>
I'm Lublin right know. What could I know more apart from the castle?
>>1239109
In Krakow sabe onde day for Auschwitz and other for the Salt Mine.
About tourist traps, beware with taxi scams in going to Auschwitz. You can make It by train with a ridiculos price.
>>
>>1239109
Spent more time in Kazimierz (old Jewish district) than on a main square - it's more fun. Go and explore Zabłocie district (where modern art museum and Shindler's factory is). It gets very hipstery, in a good way, when it gets warmer. Eat some street food, drink some good beer from local microbreweries - don't waste your time on big brand beer. See the museum under the main square on your first day so when you walk the City you can recognize historic places that you've learned about. You can use one of those free tour guides both on the main square and in Kazimierz (they also make local food tours). Investigate the topic of the transport tickets - it may be cheaper and for sure more convenient to get a week ticket than to buy one ride ticked all the time. Tram system is very good in here so just use it instead of running everywhere :) Have fun.
>>
>>1239125
Poland is cheap, the average salary there is like $300/month after taxes. There's also some sweet firing ranges there to blow up targets with an AK if you want.

Your only problem will be which supermodel looking chick should you ask out because there's way too many of them. http://claritaslux.com/girls/krakow-girls/
>>
>>1239184
I think I had dinner for like $5 including a drink in a small cafe like thing (there's a specific name for those places I can't recall)

I don't remember what drinks cost, but vodka is cheap in poland. I think I either paid like 30 bucks for a 2-3 mile taxi or I spent more of that money than I remember on drinks. It was pretty fun and more tourist oriented than wroclaw where you can more easily get stabbed and shit.
>>
>>1239642
Damn $5 for dinner, that is cheap
Was that for a budget meal or something decent?
>>
>>1239233
>the average salary there is like $300/month after taxes
U wat mate?
Average salary after taxes is more like 700$
>>
>>1240161
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Poland&displayCurrency=USD

Numbeo should be in the sticky, but mods haven't updated it in years.
>>
What are some streetfoods to try in Warsaw?
Also is Uber active in Warsaw?
Other than Old Town, what are some neighborhoods to just hang out? Which parks are the best to for an afternoon nap?

Spare me the 'go to Krakow' comments, please, I have to go to Warsaw for a few days during summer, no other option.
>>
>>1240163
>Internet 10 mbps for $11
That'd be a daylight robbery, you can get 50-80 for that.
Otherwise fairly accurate.
>>
>>1240166
Mate just go to Krakow
>>
>>1240161
Buahaha, maybe in Warsaw. In my home town people would kill for that
>>
>>1240204
That's average lad, not median. It'll obviously be higher than what the average Janusz earns.
>>
>>1240166
>Which parks are the best to for an afternoon nap?
Wilanow is pretty cool, but it's a bit far from the city center. The Chopin one is also quite nice and fuckhuge
>>
>>1240163
Ba, what I see?
>>
>>1240204
>In my home town
But here we talk about major cities, not your zadupie
>>
File: IMG_20160716_180734.jpg (1MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160716_180734.jpg
1MB, 3120x4160px
>>1240145
breddy decent but not really amazing, it's the quality I'd imagine you'd get at a diner in murrica or something

pic related, it also included a pretty decent soup

I also had a pretty decent 'gourmet' hamburger in krakow which was more expensive in my memory, but was also about 6 dollars according to my bank statement.
>>
>>1239233
where are these firing ranges?
>>
>>1239233
>>1240539
Where can i go and shoot AK's m8?
>>
>>1240231
Thanks a lot, noted both

>>1240194
Nah, you go to Krakow
>>
How much money would I need to live in Krakow? Seems like a nice place.
>>
>>1239109
I liked warcraw (vras-lov)

krakow is a bit of a party town
>>
>>1240600

Warcraw :)
Vras-lov :)))
>>
>>1240594
Basic reading skills are useful when considering moving abroad:
>>1240163
>>
>>1239642
Hey wroclaw aint too bad
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.