[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UK Travel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: United_Kingdom_countries.svg.png (35KB, 250x432px) Image search: [Google]
United_Kingdom_countries.svg.png
35KB, 250x432px
I booked a long weekend from work in May to go and see a friend in Uni but his schedule changed and had to bail. I don't get to change my holidays but I still want to make the most out of it. I live in a boring part of North Wales. Could get a passport but I'm not 100% certain it would arrive in time. Anyone know of any good places to shoot the shit in the rest of the UK?
>>
File: marloes-sands.jpg (586KB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
marloes-sands.jpg
586KB, 1280x852px
>>1237980
>long weekend
I'd recommend the Western Isles of Scotland, but the duration of travel might make it impractical. Have you ever seen Wales as a tourist? I'd hit Snowdonia, have a tour on the Llanberis railway,and pop into Portmeirion. Then head down the coast to Aberystwyth, take the train out to Devil's Bridge and have a mooch around. If you amazingly get good weather, drop downto Dyfed and hit the beautiful beach at Marloes Sands. Finish up with a good night on the sauce in Swansea.

Avoid Tenby - It's full of the sort of people who visit Artisan bakeries and think Glamping is the great outdoors.
>>
>>1237993

I've hit up a lot of Wales. About an hour and a half's drive away from Snowdonia. I've been to Aber more times than I could count.

Scotland might be a good shout? I'm thinking maybe the south? Somewhere like Dorset or Cornwall
>>
>>1237995
Get your ass to Purbeck then. Fucking beautiful.
>>
>>1237998
Is there a lot to do for one person? I like chilled out things like cafés, I can busk if I get too bored depending on council permits. I've been to Poole and Bournemouth and fucking loved it in both places.
>>
File: Corfe_Castle3.jpg (1MB, 2816x1877px) Image search: [Google]
Corfe_Castle3.jpg
1MB, 2816x1877px
>>1237998
Studland is a good beach, Swanage is a lively small resort, and you can see stuff like Corfe Castle, Tyneham abandoned village, have a walk around Durlston country park, surf at Kimmeridge, eat the planet's best Eccles cake in Wareham, and chillout at the Blue Pool. A recent development in the area is Vineyards, so you could a wine tasting tour. Visit Lulworth cove and Durdledoor if you want world-class scenery.

It's a splendid area,and May shouldn't be too horrendous as far as the number of other tourists goes.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.