[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi guys, I have really bad flight anxiety and have a hard time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Hi guys, I have really bad flight anxiety and have a hard time not shitting myself with the LAX-Sacramento 55 minute flight.

There's an opportunity for me to study for 5+ weeks in Lyon, France this summer. I know it will be amazing but I feel like this stupid flight is a massive barrier between me and going there.

Any ideas on how to combat this? I just get this vision of being in the middle of the flight, and it's dark and scary as fuck, and I'm freaking out having a panic attack. I will regret it forever if I dont go but I serious think im going to die from anxiety leading up to it
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezpYym_3zUc
>>
>>1236615
where is that picture? venice?
>>
>>1236637
Appears to be Annecy, France, not far from Geneva, Switzerland.
>>
>>1236615
>Any ideas on how to combat this? I just get this vision of being in the middle of the flight, and it's dark and scary as fuck, and I'm freaking out having a panic attack. I will regret it forever if I dont go but I serious think im going to die from anxiety leading up to it
You sound like a great candidate for anti-anxiety medication. Tell this story to a doctor and ask for some Xanax or similar, and you should be soothed somewhat. You also stand to gain from therapy and cognitive-behavioral treatments for anxiety, but the drugs when needed and not abused are very effective at taking the edge off in the shorter term.
>Source:My now-elderly mother once walked off a flight during a connection and had to make it overland/by sea from Dublin to Stockholm because she couldn't bear to get on the next leg of her plane after a transatlantic hop. She talked to a shrink. Flew using Valium for a decade or two, talked to some people about phobias and panic. She can now handle it. But the pills got her on and off of thousands of miles of airfare in between, thank God. She wasn't going to get buses or ferries from Dubai to Islamabad.
>>
>>1236639
Annecy is lovely. Would recommend.
>>1236615
>shit yourself in coach
>you smell fucking disgusting shitting up all of the section
>flight attendant gives you emergency backup pants and tosses your old shit stained pants
>you get moved to business class for the rest of the flight
i see nothing wrong here
>>
Go actually learn about flying. Maybe take a lesson or two with a CFI at the local flight school. I was scared shit the first time I flew, and now 9 months later, I'm a fully certificated pilot and can't stop looking up at the sky
>>
If super anxiety rules that out, find a flight school with a full motion simulator. They give a ridiculously realistic picture of flying but you're never more than 2' off the ground.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.